Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ZeroHour Crap - 08/20/05 06:11 AM
well I hooked up a sub and an amp (no don't move to audio haha) and I went to plug in my trunk light (it was out so not to kill the battery) and zap. No more interior lights are radio doesn't work. I know its a fuse. The only thing I changed on the sub was the ground. Its off now, but which fuse does the interior lights. This seems like a common problem, but no one has pictures!
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Crap - 08/20/05 06:29 AM
Originally posted by ZeroHour:
. No more interior lights are radio doesn't work. I know its a fuse.

Have you changed your ATF yet? (on an unrelated post)

Radio is No. 32 and Interior/Courtesy is No. 34. In addition, there is a Relay No. R12. These are in the passenger compartment fuse box next to your left knee when seated on the driver's seat. There is a round knob. Push and the panel will drop down.
Posted By: ZeroHour Found it - 08/20/05 06:31 AM
Well I found it. Anyone else in future reference:

Under the dash, driver's side is your fuse box (duh, but if you're new its a start)

find some uncomfortable way to lay there.

Facing upwards, to your right is a white-ish plastic box with wires. There is a small level, it opens the box.

Fuse #32 is interior lights, head unit(radio) and clock! its a 7.5 amber colored fuse. You should have on in your fuse box under the hood, along with a fuse puller!

Easy to find search action sentences:
No interior lights
interior light fuse
Head unit not working
Head Unit Fuse
Clock not working
Clock Fuse

Hopefully that helps someone else in the future cause I couldn't find much searching!
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Found it - 08/20/05 06:33 AM
no changing subjects, but not lol. The stereo is current work in progress. Its taking alot longer then it should have because I over-do everything and make a plywood mount to 1) hold the bass tube in place 2) safely mount the amp and 3) make it pretty. lol

Good addition to the post.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Found it - 08/20/05 06:37 AM
no changing subjects, but not lol. The stereo is current work in progress.

LOL. Priorities, priorities. LOL. Good night!
Posted By: fdunford Re: Found it - 03/07/06 08:14 PM
Well I found it. Anyone else in future reference:

Under the dash, driver's side is your fuse box (duh, but if you're new its a start)

find some uncomfortable way to lay there.

Facing upwards, to your right is a white-ish plastic box with wires. There is a small level, it opens the box.

Fuse #32 is interior lights, head unit(radio) and clock! its a 7.5 amber colored fuse. You should have on in your fuse box under the hood, along with a fuse puller!

Easy to find search action sentences:
No interior lights
interior light fuse
Head unit not working
Head Unit Fuse
Clock not working
Clock Fuse

Hopefully that helps someone else in the future cause I couldn't find much searching!

I just had the same problem and this info helped, but, for my '96 Zetec it was fuse #34.
© CEG Archives