Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Goonz SVT WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 04:20 AM
Everytime i stop at a red light..my revs drop to normal idle then suddenly drop lower to stalling point then going back up to normal then dropping back again to stalling point..its does thhat 3-5 times untill stabilizing in regular idle..wtf is going on, im scared my car will just die at a red light...it has before and I had to push it off
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 04:23 AM
You've never heard of an IAC before?
Seeing as how you're no n00b, I won't walk you through the whole how to find out what to do about it, thing.

Ray
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 05:08 AM
Idle Air Control..what do i do about it?

buy a new one?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 05:10 AM
In case you were serious:

clean it.. or replace it..

In the faqs.. also involved in the uim rebuild (which you know where the how to is for that) that I wrote.

Ray
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 05:21 AM
your gonna hate me for this question Ray...where is the IAC..like I did the throttle hang fix, is it along that pipe?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 05:30 AM
hehee... check out the rebuild how-to.. about 70% of the way down is a blurb with a pic.. a finger pointing to the IAC.. (silver)

Ray
Posted By: Taasman Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 11:56 AM
Clean, lubricate, and re-install. 4500 posts ???? there has to be at least 4500 on the IAC alone...hehe. Ok which one is it.

You just post and never read any posts
You have a good memory, but its short
You thought search was when you lost something
Your almost at 5000 posts....hehehe
Posted By: bentleywarren_dup1 Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 01:57 PM
There can be things other than the IAC that cause the fast-slow-fast-slow idle. I put a new IAC on my zetec, and it still searches up and down for the idle, so there are apparently other contributing factors. I just haven't found them yet. I bought a TPS a couple of days ago, but haven't gotten it installed yet. Maybe, just maybe..........
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Taasman:
Clean, lubricate, and re-install. 4500 posts ???? there has to be at least 4500 on the IAC alone...hehe. Ok which one is it.

You just post and never read any posts
You have a good memory, but its short
You thought search was when you lost something
Your almost at 5000 posts....hehehe

what do I use to lubricate?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 02:36 PM
I have a used late-model IAC if you're interested. It didn't fit my '95 easily, but I tested it and it works fine. PM me for details.
Posted By: sail114 Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 04:12 PM
Now there's a question for the ages. Well, I always prefer...
Oh wait, are you still talking about the IAC?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 05:05 PM
wtf im having problems getting the dammn thing out..grrr
Posted By: sail114 Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 05:11 PM
If it's the original IAC (which is doubtful, but could be), then the gasket could be cementing it to the UIM. See if you can slide a screw driver under the base of it to pry it off, just don't snap the screw studs.
Also, make sure you pick up a new gasket before you put a new one on there (and you're better off just buying a new one rather then trying to clean the old).
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 06:19 PM
how much is that gonna run me?
Posted By: sail114 Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 06:49 PM
$60 give or take.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/16/05 07:14 PM
check for vacuum leaks. I had the same problem and it was because the hose that goes from the IAC to the intake tube before the MAF was loose.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: WTF Idle Problems - 06/17/05 06:43 AM
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
check for vacuum leaks. I had the same problem and it was because the hose that goes from the IAC to the intake tube before the MAF was loose.

will do
© CEG Archives