Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Zetec help... - 02/19/05 03:35 PM
Not a contour.. a Focus. My GF's 2000 Ford Focus with the 16V Zetec 56,000 miles is acting up. Here is the scenario. Car is all warmed up and she is up to speed on the freeway, doing maybe 55-60.. deosn't matter. The RPM needle will fluctuate up and down (bounce, so to speek) just below the 2000 mark between 1000 and 2000. The car makes a funny humming sound when it does this, but there is no loss of power, and the car doesn't jerk, hesitate, or anything. Any thoughts I was thinking MAYBE the alt is starting to go, but that woudln't explain the engine making the noise. It isn't LOUD, either, you can hear it inside the cabin semi faintly. ANy help asap is much appreciated.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Zetec help... - 02/20/05 02:26 AM
Alternator has nothing to do with tach..

I don't know the name of the sensor, but: the equiv. of the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) that makes the speedo work.. When that starts going out, it can make the speedo erratic, and bouncy.. perhaps the same thing for the tach? helifino.

Ray
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Zetec help... - 02/20/05 04:46 AM
any codes?
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: Zetec help... - 02/20/05 07:31 AM
Nope,. no codes. IO dunno, I went out and drove it.. didn't do it for me. I think she just deosn't press the gas peddle hard enough.
© CEG Archives