Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Bada$$svt Fuel Mileage Statistics?? (SVT or reg V6) - 11/15/04 02:45 PM
What kind of gas mileage are you getting on your Contour SVTs (or non-SVT 2.5s) lately. I'm at almost 70,000 miles and can only manage about 180-200 miles on a full tank.
I've put in new plugs and wires, all 4 O2 sensors, cleaned the K&N filter, brakes aren't dragging, tires roll good...
Mostly it's city driving, but it gets cleaned out on the Autobahn every once in a while. It used to be much better, actually getting 290-300 miles per tank, mostly city driving.
Is this what everyone is facing???

Dan

avg. 24mpg
non SVT V6 with SVT air box and SVT exhaust and optimized y-pipe I still average around 24 mpg mixed driving

been hitting around 250 per tank, bit more with more highway travel
24mpg consistantly...

300-310 miles per tank
98 V6 Mystique

I normally get at least 300 miles before the low fuel light comes on as a daily driver, around 25 mpg. On long trips back and forth between Detroit and St. Louis I get around 30-31 mpg.
Was getting around 220-230/tank before I replaced some parts. After changing the upstream O2 sensors, DPFE and cleaning out the throat of the upper intake, I see 260-280 now. Usually equates to around 23mpg combined.

108K miles, K/N Conical, MDSD Y-Pipe.
Posted By: Monk Re: Fuel Mileage Statistics?? (SVT or reg V6) - 11/16/04 12:47 AM
'97 GL 5speed with 112k+ miles on it... only mods done to it are k&n with custom heat shield and some throttle body modification. I get from 31-34 mpg consistently. My driving is mainly highway. Pure city would get me 24-25 mpg.
27-30 mpg consistently, with 76000 miles on the clock. This is at 5500' elevation and higher. Before moving to Denver, I lived in Houston. At sea level, I pretty much saw 23-25 mpg regardless of the type of driving. More air means more horsepower, but greater drag and higher fuel consumption.

No drivetrain modifications, just consumables (fluids, filters, belts, plugs, wires, O2 sensors ).
I get about 300 to 310 on a full tank with 90% driving back and forth to school. I really need to get this thing on the highway!!
Posted By: KC99SE Re: Fuel Mileage Statistics?? (SVT or reg V6) - 11/16/04 10:31 PM
I have 85,000 miles on clock. No mods. Mostly city driving. See around 270-300 miles per tank. A little over 300 on highway trips.
Originally posted by SVT Doood:
24mpg consistantly...

300-310 miles per tank

22-24mpg

270-290 its mostly higway driving
Im from England, born and bred.

My Duratec Mondeo 2.5l V6 usually gets around 280 - 300 miles (if Im very lucky) from a full tank (61 Litres - approx 15 gall). Combined average is around 23MPG. Theres nothing you can do fellas!

When you feel down about it, just think of me paying the equivalent of $6.50 a gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are the highest taxed country in the world. England sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
duratec atx- 260-280/tank equates to about 20-21mpg, best i ever had was 22mpg on mixed driving, its getting cooler now so my mileage will go down to about 180-200/tank or 16-17mpg
'00 SVT, w/K&N and Modified exhaust. I average 26.54 always during my 108 mile round trip commute in Los Angeles traffic. At first I though I was getting horrible milage, but know, I don't feel so bad
22MPG I was getting 16 until i changed my tires to the right ones. Damn place sold me the wrong size.
2000 SE Sport 2.5L MTX with a K&N cone filter.

I average around 26.5-27.5 going to work and back which isn't heavy traffic but just a few starts and stops.

I usually get around 24 in heavy traffic and the best so far has been 32.2 highway since running Shell Vpower premium. I was getting a best of 24.5 to work and back before running the Shell stuff.
Originally posted by SixxGunn:
2000 SE Sport 2.5L MTX with a K&N cone filter.

I average around 26.5-27.5 going to work and back which isn't heavy traffic but just a few starts and stops.

I usually get around 24 in heavy traffic and the best so far has been 32.2 highway since running Shell Vpower premium. I was getting a best of 24.5 to work and back before running the Shell stuff.

That's so odd, when I run Shell, my mileage tanks. I ran Shell last week and got a whopping 16.4 mpg
i must have something completely wron cuz i can bearly get 190 miles on a tank!!!!!!....and that driving extremely easily................OMG

what should i do???????
I can't say for sure its the Shell fuel that upped my mileage. Any other premium with good detergents may have helped as much. Who knows. =\. I'm thinking of running something different for awhile and see how it goes.
I usually average about 23 in the city and between 26-28 on the highway.
I use kwik trip gas and with an exhaust and intake, I get 23-25 avg and if I baby it I can get 26-27

Its nice to know that my milage was normal, I thought that these cars were supposed to get mid to high 20s?
ATX V6 I get around 25mpg driving around town (short trips to the store, to school etc.)

Same driving in winter, drops down around 20-23mpg

Highway... cruise set at 65, gets around 32-34
Cruise set at 75, about 30mpg

Someone said Europe sucks, that is only partially true, they pay higher gas prices, but that tax maintains roads and such. On the other hand, they get all the cool cars... We just get these crappy SUV's...
I just filled mine today after 305 miles of mixed driving slightly biased toward highway. It turned out to be 24.6. Usually in just around town driving I get from 19-22 depending on how heavy my foot is. The best I've gotten is 27.5 in hilly highway driving. Oh yeh, V6 ATX, no mods except drop-in K&N.
96SE V-6 MTX MSDS K&N-3530:
Highway = 33-34MPG
City = 24-26MPG

98SE V-6 MTX K&N Drop-In:
Highway = 32MPG
City = 21-23MPG
I have a "regular" V6 with almost 85K and all maintenance up to date.

In mixed driving conditions I get about 23-26 mpg.

On the highway, I can easily get 30 mpg or higher.
Local driving - 22 mpg in the summer / 20ish in the winter

Hwy driving - 28 to 30 mpg.

Stock except drop-in K & N filter.
i am getting 20-22 mpg now but for the last year i was only getting 18 mpg. i have no idea what caused this but i am not complaining. mods:k&n cone filter & dual exhaust.
Best ever was 28 mpg on highway at 70-75 for 400 miles. Most of the time 20 to 23 in city/suburban driving.

Automatic SE 1998.5
Originally posted by scainerrt:
i am getting 20-22 mpg now but for the last year i was only getting 18 mpg. i have no idea what caused this but i am not complaining. mods:k&n cone filter & dual exhaust.

well..I was doing 22-24 untill I had to fill up mine only at 212 miles..I ran 18mpg
99 Contour Sport V6 ATX, 35k on the clock, 16 mpg in city driving. I've only had the car about 6 weeks, just switched to a higher grade of fuel, maybe that will help.
My 2.5L got about 23-24mpg in mixed driving with a heavy lead foot.
28-30mpg in straight highway driving.

The 3L gets ~22mpg with mostly city driving and the same lead foot.
28mpg on the highway.
So what is everybody getting nowadays with the winter weather? I'm pretty sure high teens are normal, right?
I seem to always get around 22mpg on my mixed-drive commute. Best on the highway was about 26 in my 99 csvt with no mods. I've always thought it should be higher.
I have a 98 SVT with a K&N, Taylor 8.8 wires, 4+ Platinum splugs and a JET Performance chip and I get about 23 mpg with mixed highway and street driving. I plan to take an xtended trip on the highway here pretty soon, and I am sure I will see about 28 mpg. Hope this helps.
99SE 56k on clock.
Mods- bat conical filter, svt exhaust.

Usually hit about 27mpg in the summer on mixed driving.
Currently, about 23-25mpg in winter, on mixed driving, though I just added a new fuel filter and added some Techron.
98 CSVT msds headers trubendz with magnaflow muffler lots of suspension work etc. I'm lucky if I get over 20mpg..I beat the living crap outta the car. it's the only way the car is any fun to drive
About 280 - 300 MPT
During winter and driving Dallas rush hour traffic =
23.5 to 24.5 mpg

During winter and driving Highway (I-35) to UNT = 26 mpg

During summer and driving Dallas rush hour traffic =
24 to 25 mpg

During summer and driving Highway (I-35) to UNT = 27 mpg

I guess in the summer it gets better? I drove to Oklahoma City back when I was dating my fiance and I constantly got 27 mpg @ 74 mph

Now I cant go under 85 mph on trips to see her parents because it takes so friggin long to get there going slow. Usually 85-90 mph = 24 mpg
I have a 1995 Mystique 2.5L, 5-speed, with 184K miles.

I have always gotten 24-25mpg at 75-80mph, with the A/C off. In the summer, with the A/C on, it goes down to 21-22.

The few times I have driven for long distances at 60-65mph, I have seen up to 28mpg.

© CEG Archives