Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RawBurt Is moosing more... - 09/30/04 01:01 PM
Do you think my svt is more likely to get moosing in the morning when it's cold outside. This morning was 45 and i started my car to warm it up. Started moosing so i reved her up to 3 grand. Proceeded to do it a few more times, did the same procedure. Thoughts?
Posted By: obd2guy Re: Is moosing more... - 09/30/04 02:35 PM
Yeah, cold weather does encourage moosing, and the SVT conical intake helps it along even more. Do the idle restrictor trick (check FAQ) and the moosing plus throttle hang will both go away.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 12:28 PM
THis morning it was pretty chilly out side and of course my car started moosing again. I have about a 35 mile drive to get to work, well about half way to work i noticed my CEL is on. I was pissed, but i'm guessing it is something related to the moosing issue, Hopefully! Well the car is running fine so i am not too worried *yet*! So tonight i'm going to go to autozone get the analysis, then this weekend i'm going to do the how to fix for moosing... whatever that is. Would that make sense that the moosing set it off... ?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 01:36 PM
I don't think I have ever heard of the moose setting a cel but who knows

the fix will take all of 5 minutes, unless you want to play around with it once you get the part, might I suggest use of electrical tape also, you will see what I mean
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 01:40 PM
Damn it's always something! Theres gotta be something to this! I have no clue how to do this fix, havent read the how to yet, but is there any other helpful pointers before i read it?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 01:56 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Damn it's always something! Theres gotta be something to this! I have no clue how to do this fix, havent read the how to yet, but is there any other helpful pointers before i read it?

its so simple a 5 year old could do it, hints, use some electrical tape like I said before
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 01:58 PM
Originally posted by obd2guy:
Yeah, cold weather does encourage moosing, and the SVT conical intake helps it along even more. Do the idle restrictor trick (check FAQ) and the moosing plus throttle hang will both go away.

how is it a guy with seven posts knows enough to look in the FAQ, but rawburt is still asking for helping and hasn't read it?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 02:07 PM
Some people are the whiniest little b!tches, seriously, use the search, check the FAQ. Heaven forbid someone asks a question that has already been asked!!! Oh no!!!!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 02:14 PM
Some people are the whiniest little b!tches, seriously, use the search, check the FAQ. Heaven forbid someone asks a question that has already been asked!!! Oh no!!!!

who's whining? you come here, ask for help, people direct you towards it, but you still keep asking for the same help.

do you have to ask your manger how much salt to put on the fries everyday, or did he tell you once and you remembered??

or do you make it a habit of asking for help and then not listening?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 02:27 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

who's whining? you come here, ask for help, people direct you towards it, but you still keep asking for the same help.

Posted By: RawBurt Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 02:30 PM
STOP WHINING, you, yes you! Awww are we trying to be like Steedasan now with the salt comment. Seriously how old are we, its time to grow up... How old are you and whats your job?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 02:35 PM
STOP WHINING, you, yes you! Awww are we trying to be like Steedasan now with the salt comment. Seriously how old are we, its time to grow up... How old are you and whats your job?

man let it go...

go read the faq, and it you still don't get something then ask about it, no point asking about it until you have read about it

self education, ie reading is a good thing
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 02:59 PM
Some people just go too far with their bullsh!t
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 03:01 PM
The pot calling the kettle black.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 03:04 PM
Originally posted by brapple:

its so simple a 5 year old could do it, hints, use some electrical tape like I said before

Keep a small 5 pound sledgehammer handy too. That always helps.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 03:11 PM
You guys are mean mean people!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 03:24 PM

instead of wondering why someone may be trying to act like someone else, perhaps you should wonder why you illicit the same kind of responses from different people. if everyone i talked to treated me similarly, i might have to wonder if it's perhaps me that has the problem.

we're not here seeking to villify you man. but if you keep posting garbage, you're going to continue to hear it from many sources. either heed the advice that EVERYBODY is giving you, or continue to be the way you are and suffer from everybody giving you crap about it.

it's not our fault you can't seem to learn.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 03:31 PM
Comon man, you and steeda like to say that i work at fast food and sh!t like that (immature). So that makes me wonder what your job is and your age?
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 03:39 PM
Comon man, you and steeda like to say that i work at fast food and sh!t like that (immature). So that makes me wonder what your job is and your age?

will you [censored] let it go already, you antogonize them and they antogonize you, case closed

just try to think your posts out first

you are doing the same thing they are, its the internet and you think you can be big and bad and everyone has to take it, grow the [censored] up, people are going to disagree with you, deal with it
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 03:41 PM

30. account manager for a global supplier.

you?

edit...

and yet you still don't get the point. why is it ok for all of us to crack on each other sometimes and not others?
plus, you are ignoring the main point of my argument. is that all you have? that we joke about you working fast food?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 04:56 PM
18 years old- Lab Technician for textron a world wide supplier!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 04:59 PM

yay. i'm so glad we got that out of the way!

so do you get what we are saying here roberto?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 05:02 PM
Yeah i do understand but if you guys werent such dicks about everything maybe i would be a little bit more understanding!
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 08:25 PM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

so do you get what we are saying here roberto?

Sounds like you should be doing More Lab Teching and Less Interneting and maybe learn Something...

Back to Topic
Check the FAQ's its in there.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Is moosing more... - 10/01/04 10:52 PM
Yeah i do understand but if you guys werent such dicks about everything maybe i would be a little bit more understanding!

Dicks?????!?!?!?

Sorry, but everytime i have directed someone to the FAQ, unless the guy was being a prick, it was as nice as possible.

Look, im going to say it one more time, you are part of the problem too....you act just as immature as they do when you say the same immature things back....thats another reason (a major one for me personally) why no one respects you.

You use the smae tacticts they use on you, on them...makes you a hipocrit (sp?) and makes you look like the loser.

Like someone said, either learn to adapt or learn to take it....you choice...

And another thing,the forums are here for a reason...to transfer knowledge about our vehicals to fellow enthusists.

the search feature is also here for a reason....to transfer the important knowledge of forgoten enthusists to the entusists of today...Don;t let there time and effort of R&Ding go to waste.

Lupe
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Is moosing more... - 10/02/04 02:33 AM
Moosing

Hey man, chill out. Here is the FAQ everybody has been talking about if you havent seen it already, like they all said... its a fairly simple fix.
Posted By: F111D F_dup1 Re: Is moosing more... - 10/02/04 05:58 PM
I'd like throw something into the pot, that I ran into couple weeks ago changing the coolant. I replaced the thermostat and in doing so, all hoses were removed that attached to that housing. Battery was removed so the PCM would have been re-learning. Not that has anything to do with the moose but all the intake hoses were removed and re-installed and all the tubes, connections got disturbed and had to be re-seated/re-positioned. I also tried doing a cheap and dirty cleaning of the IAT and just squirted ounce or so of carb cleaner into the air input to the IAT.
Once I got everything back together I had for the first time ever high pitch moose, well since I never heard the moose before, it was just not that loud or bassy. Took the car out to drive it and get it good and warmed up the test my coolant maintenance work, the moose was not all that noticeable inside.
Re-positioning the resonance tube (goes under the TB accordion) helped some. Finally I removed the IAT and it looked fairly clean. I tried something I sprayed the rubber/valve and the shaft with PB blaster. After letting it set for 5 minutes flushed the area w/carb CRC brake cleaner. The good stuff that can be used on electronics. CRC #05089 with Tetrachloroethylene.
So is the noise being generated by the rubber/elastomer ? valve or the shaft sticking?
Oh one more thing, the moose was almost gone and since I was still finish up with the battery lifted the ground to reset PCM. Moosed once (slightly)and has NOT been back since. I'm assuming all moosing is the valve vibrating????

"CCWF" "came clear while fumbling"
Paul
98 Mystique LS (built 07/97)
© CEG Archives