Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
...Fusion.

Ford's new mid sized car based off the Mazda 6 platform and the successor to the Contour/Taurus is coming next year for the 2006 selling season.

No pics released yet, see story in todays www.detnews.com, Autos link
Isn't the fusion an SUV?

http://www.ford.co.uk/fusion
Apparently not in the U.S.

But, maybe its all for the best, i like Fusion better than futura. "Four-hundred" wouldn't have been too shabby either, but oh well.
Originally posted by SVT24:
Isn't the fusion an SUV?

http://www.ford.co.uk/fusion

It is in the UK. Looks like it will not be a SUV in the US.
Originally posted by amarv12:
Apparently not in the U.S.

But, maybe its all for the best, i like Fusion better than futura. "Four-hundred" wouldn't have been too shabby either, but oh well.

They should have called it the Falcon and brought the Aussie version over to spank the ugly little GTO.
No body is buying GTO's anyway, so there no need for Falcons.

The successor to the taurus is the Ford 500..and merc montego..
GTO...redesigned rear drive Grand Aint(AM)
GTO is actually a 2 door Cadillac Catera.
Originally posted by 2000GreenTour:

You're not serious. I refuse to believe that you just typed and posted that.
The 'new' GTO is a disgrace to the name.
But I would still bet money on its side, against an aussie 'falcon'.
if itlooks anything liek the one in this picture, I'm all for it

looks kinda like the new caddy cts to me

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/2003_ny_fordfutura/
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, that's pretty accurate, seeing as the Holden Monaro(US GTO) and the Cadillac Catera are spinoffs of the Opel Omega platform.

See:(Paste and copied from Car and Driver's website):

"Wish all you want, but GM won't spend hundreds of millions right now to bring us an all-new replacement for the Firebird. We've seen GTO concepts, some based on the front-drive Pontiac Grand Am and most recently a vile orange nonrunning concept car at the 1999 Detroit show that was too ugly even for Hot Wheels to build. We respectfully yawned in GM's face. So instead, we get a decade-old platform derived from the European Opel Omega and Cadillac Catera sedans."
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:

Learn about the car biz. The Holden Monaro is based on the Opel Omega, which has been discontinued in Europe. The Caddy Catera was derived form the Omega also. The GTO is a bit more refined then the Caddy, but it is a decade old design.

GM was in a hurry to satisfy the car enthusiast media, who kept saying "bring the RWD Holdens here". Now they did and sales are not well. But, it will lead to new GTO's and other US made RWD cars.
© CEG Archives