Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ZER0 Heater blower motor - 07/11/04 03:31 PM
So my blower motor is dead, I removed it yesterday, and went to see how much it was gonna be to replace it.... 120 CDN + tax. I was blown away, and I was wondering if there was any way I could take the unit i have now, and basically do a rebuild on it, assuming the parts wouldn't be too expensive for the in side. or am I just better off, payin the money and gettin the new motor?

Thanks
Posted By: Nate'sTour Re: Heater blower motor - 07/11/04 05:01 PM
I've never heard of electric motors being rebuilt like that... but I've been wrong alot!

Salvage yards near you? That might be a good canidate for taking from a junker. For a lot less ??
Posted By: bentleywarren_dup1 Re: Heater blower motor - 07/11/04 06:12 PM
Motors can certainly be rebuilt. Odds are that there is very little wrong with your motor, possible just a bearing, bushing, brushes, or loose wire, but unless you have the know-how, skills, and tools to rebuild it yourself, it may not be cost effective.
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Heater blower motor - 07/11/04 07:44 PM
Are you certain it's the blower motor and not the blower switch (control panel switch). There is a recall on 95-97 Contours for this problem. What year is your car?
Posted By: ZER0 Re: Heater blower motor - 07/12/04 12:36 AM
my baby is a 99 V6 SE. I've tested the connector to the blower motor with a voltmeter and registered 12 V (give or take) with the switch on anything but off, and 0V in the off position.
Posted By: cravinasian425 Re: Heater blower motor - 07/12/04 02:27 AM
that recall also affect my 98.5
Posted By: pabloquintana Re: Heater blower motor - 07/13/04 09:16 PM
IIRC that would be 99M07. Do you know if that recall still effective?
© CEG Archives