Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Bill @ SigLM Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/05/04 07:02 PM
Can this be pinned at the top for a little while?

I just wanted to let you know that I have gotten a promotion. Our dealership was purchased by a dealer up the street. I will now be heading the Internet department for Lincoln Mercury, Pontiac, GMC, Victory motrocycles, and Big Dog motorcylces. They also sell small motorpsort things like ATV's and powered scooters.

I am training Steve Mullins in our parts department all about the CEG, NECO, FCO, MFF, SHOclub, and the rest of you guys. I will be giving him a cheat sheet with all the stuff you and I have dealt with over the years. This should make the transition much easier.

I will be starting up an Internet Parts department for all the GM stuff also for those of that may need some GM stuff.

If anyone wants to buy any vehicles, I will be more than willing to help you out. I will list the links to these dealerships below. Mind you I have not done anything to these sites yet, they are in their original state until I can get everything together.

Motorcylces
http://www.patclarkmotorsport.com/

Pontiac/GMC
http://www.patclarkpontiacgmc.com/

Lincoln Mercury
http://www.signaturelm.com/index.asp

If you have any comments or questions, just email me bjenkins@signaturelm.com (no requests to this Email please), or post them here.

Posted By: Freakshow Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/05/04 07:26 PM
Congrats on the promotion and good luck. You've been a stand up guy and great to do busniess with; your replacement has some big shoes to fill.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/05/04 07:34 PM
Posted By: m!key Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/05/04 07:35 PM
your replacement isnt going to know what hit him. hahaaa. bill, congrats and good luck.
Congrats Bill. You have seriously earned that promotion.

You are going to be missed dearly.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/05/04 08:53 PM
Congrats!! That is a great opportunity for you & sounds like it could lead to a whole new career!

(Victory motorcycles... )

Don't worry about your replacement, we'll remind him of all the free stuff you promised the CEGers.

Seriously, I'll be needing a car for my youngest. She'll start driving come the fall, so I'll keep my eye on your L-M web site for a new ride.
Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/05/04 09:20 PM
Congrats on the promotion! CEG is gunna miss ya; dont be a stranger!
Posted By: Bill @ SigLM Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/05/04 09:36 PM
I will still be invlolved with the CEG for a while, remember I actually drive a 96 Mystique (SVT'ized).

At the beginning I will be real busy, then when the dust settles. You will see more of me again.

Thanks for all the compliments, it's been a blast talking to all of you in the past.
Originally posted by todras:

well put. ditto!
Like I said on the phone congrats.

Just make sure you get my stuff out before you get bogged down.

What did the techs think about War's dynos?
Originally posted by Bill @ SigLM:
I will still be invlolved with the CEG for a while, remember I actually drive a 96 Mystique (SVT'ized).

At the beginning I will be real busy, then when the dust settles. You will see more of me again.

Thanks for all the compliments, it's been a blast talking to all of you in the past.

YEAH! COngrats, too bad I won't get to chat about the Pats with ya anymore, this new guy better be up to snuff. . .
Posted By: MysticFreak Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/05/04 11:41 PM

Mystiques are the greatest!!!!! You are the man!!!!!
Good luck with your promotion!
Posted By: Bill @ SigLM Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/06/04 01:29 AM
I hand picked this guy because I think he will model me the best. Still a little green with all the CEG stuff. But I am helping him.

The techs were amazed at the numbers that guy is pulling. They always thought the Contiques were lousy, then I told them about all the stuff you guys do and that changed their minds.

See you all soon.

BTW: Whenever you are in Vegas, be sure to look me up. I like having drinks with guys I have talked to on the phone for years but never met.
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/06/04 01:32 AM
Does the new guy have a funny accent too?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/06/04 06:50 AM
I'm probably ordering something soon... and now I'm gonna have to deal with a new guy. I know you'll keep him in line though.
Posted By: Pigeon Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/06/04 03:43 PM
Congrats!!

Scott
Posted By: DFT_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/06/04 08:59 PM
Bill:

Thanks for all the help on my last repair project. Good luck.

DFT
Posted By: MarkO_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/07/04 03:16 AM
The very best of luck in your new job. Maybe in a few more years you might end up running Ford !

One question though : how do I get the CEG discount if I do an online order ? Is there a code or something I need to enter ?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/07/04 04:51 PM
Congrats on the promotion Bill and welcome to Steve Mullins Seeing that your moving to GM parts Bill, how much for the entire HID set up from the old body style Envoy? I'd like to add that to our new 04' Buick Ranier CXL
I'll have to call ya when we get to Vegas the first weekend in May.

Thanks again for helping me find parts I needed!!
I wish you the best Bill, and thanks for your service.
Congrats! Sounds like a great opportunity for ya!

So until this transition takes place, can we still place orders through you? I need to order up an intake rebuild kit (gaskets and such). Your phone number still the best way to get in touch with you?

Thanks and Good Luck,
Okay, so how do we get ahold of the new guy?
Posted By: Dtox Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/11/04 06:18 AM
Congrats! And yes, how do we get ahold of the new guy? I need a few parts.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/11/04 02:14 PM
Me too. I need to get a price for a fog light wiring kit.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/12/04 09:29 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Do you want to add foggies to your foglightless Contour?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/12/04 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Super Grover:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Do you want to add foggies to your foglightless Contour?

Yes, please.
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/12/04 10:02 PM
Congrats Bill. We'll see you in November when we come down to our favorite vacation spot on earth!

For GM stuff, see if you can top http://www.gmpartsdirect.com. They seem to be king shizzle on the GM boards I cruise with the T.A.
Posted By: ov3n_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/13/04 06:32 AM
bill congrats...

can you tell your replacement to check the email... i sent a message to parts@signaturelm.com on monday and have yet to get a reply..

thanks
nick
Posted By: qqq123 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 03/16/04 02:39 PM
For parts go to http://www.parts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213787
Congratulations on your promotion Bill. This may be a sad day for all the Contique owners...but it could be a good thing for me.

I sold my Mystique and I now own a Pontiac Trans Am WS6.......I haven't bought anything but aftermarket parts for it yet.....but if I need anything.......I'm calling you first!

Congrats!

Ryan Paunovich
congrats....now i can get parts for my svt and my grand national....
Posted By: EricF Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 04/04/04 03:58 PM
Hey guys, just so you know
the new guy is great to deal with also...
Thanks Bill for many good years of work..
Originally posted by Eric Ford:
Hey guys, just so you know
the new guy is great to deal with also...
Thanks Bill for many good years of work..

How do you get in touch with the new guy? Same contact info?
Posted By: MysticFreak Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 04/04/04 05:18 PM
Hey, whats the new guys name?
Originally posted by MysticFreak:
Hey, whats the new guys name?

Steve Mullins

Its in the first post...
Posted By: Bill @ SigLM Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 04/08/04 05:47 PM
Hey guys I am still going to be working with you. The thing is that Steve will back me up when you can't reach me.

Steve's Email is smullins@signaturelm.com

I will be starting up the GM catalog soon. That way I can help all the two make owners in here.

Talk to you all soon.

Posted By: Freakshow Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 04/08/04 05:57 PM
sweet. Good to see you're still around man.
Posted By: Bill @ SigLM Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 04/08/04 05:58 PM
Originally posted by MarkO:
The very best of luck in your new job. Maybe in a few more years you might end up running Ford !

One question though : how do I get the CEG discount if I do an online order ? Is there a code or something I need to enter ?

The order placed online are already disocunted. You will see the list price then your price.
Posted By: zaphod_fl Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 06/16/04 09:01 PM
Bill,

Thanks for everything! You deserve it. We will miss dealing with you directly... Maybe when I need a new car though...

Congrats!
Posted By: R_G Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 07/02/04 01:42 PM
The order placed online are already disocunted. You will see the list price then your price.

True, but we wanna another discount - not for just ANY Internet customer but for the members of the CEG!!!

Posted By: F111D F_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 07/06/04 02:45 PM
Seems to be a common thing (mechanics not wanting to work on Contiques) more of Ford's trying to make sure the Contiques were orphaned in the favor of Suvs.

Bill to get you started, little something I've ran into trying to help my son in Illinois. 1998 Prism evaporator purge solenoid (on canister behind the gas tank) built 10/97 takes a 3-port vaccum not the two port Toyota #90910-12186 (aisin). Have not received the proper part yet, but it supposed to on the way?
anyhow I guess it doesn't matter brand, getting the correct part is becomming a bigger problem?

TNX
Paul
For whatever reason, the SLM website won't pull up on my computer, maybe it's down? I dunno, but I found their address:

SLM
3030 Sahara Avenue
Las Vegs, NV 89104

And Steve or Bill (whoever reads this) thanks for the quick service and I'll get the money order and send it today.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 07/28/04 05:33 PM
Works fine as always.
It doesn't work for me. Oh well, Google told me what I needed to know.
Posted By: EricF Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 07/30/04 09:34 PM
I'm going to see bill or steve, whoever is working next week when I'm in vegas, they do great work, my local shop flinched when I asked them to price match months ago.. oh well...

Great guys
hey man, you are impossible to get ahold of. Ive been trying to hit you up to see what you would charge me for a Front passenger sway bar linkage and a Left Rear transaxel mount (Manual trannie). But every time I call you are away from your desk.
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/07/04 06:02 PM
Call Bill, Steve or Tim.
Posted By: TronX Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/07/04 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy:
Call Bill, Steve or Tim.

I'm still waiting on someone at Signature Lincoln Mercury to send me the overcharge on shipping. I paid for 2-day air and they sent my parts ground. I hate to keep asking this, but all I ever get out of Bill is that he will do this right now and then I never hear from him again or get some foggy excuse?

If I call them on the phone again can Steve or Tim help me with this problem because it's not getting taken care of from Bill?

I'm not going to re-give my CC numbers over the phone again because Bill already has them. If he can�t find the CC numbers then just send a check to my address. I'm sure it can't be that hard to find my shipping address in the system. And send me an E-mail saying you have acknowledged this because I hate waiting around here, got better things to do like tweak my car.

I�m really at a loss as to why this is becoming such a big ordeal over a few dollars that would not have been a problem if someone had not made a mistake at Signature Lincoln Mercury.

I would still buy from them in the future because I know most of the errors I�ve had will not be repeated and I'll choose ground the next time to avoid any complications...lol
Holy crap! It shows that I never come into the General forum. This is the first I heard about this.

I guess that would explain why Bill is so hard to get ahold of.
Posted By: Bill @ SigLM Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/08/04 11:34 PM
Originally posted by TronX:
Call Bill, Steve or Tim.

I'm still waiting on someone at Signature Lincoln Mercury to send me the overcharge on shipping. I paid for 2-day air and they sent my parts ground. I hate to keep asking this, but all I ever get out of Bill is that he will do this right now and then I never hear from him again or get some foggy excuse?

If I call them on the phone again can Steve or Tim help me with this problem because it's not getting taken care of from Bill?

I'm not going to re-give my CC numbers over the phone again because Bill already has them. If he can�t find the CC numbers then just send a check to my address. I'm sure it can't be that hard to find my shipping address in the system. And send me an E-mail saying you have acknowledged this because I hate waiting around here, got better things to do like tweak my car.

I�m really at a loss as to why this is becoming such a big ordeal over a few dollars that would not have been a problem if someone had not made a mistake at Signature Lincoln Mercury.

I would still buy from them in the future because I know most of the errors I�ve had will not be repeated and I'll choose ground the next time to avoid any complications...lol

This problem was resolved several days ago. I informed you that I was away on Jury duty, not a foggy excuse, and would credit the account ASAP which I did on 11/04/04 at 11:40am. So I have no idea why you are posting negative comments on this board several days after the credit was issued.

I have been a part of the CEG since 1998 and have helped hundreds of CEG'rs get there parts cheap, fast, and accurate. Sometimes mistakes happen, and I made good on my end by crediting the entire S&H for that order $15 to be exact.

So I would appreciate in the future that you not post comments about a situation that had already been handled.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/08/04 11:56 PM
I've been wanting to say this all my ceg'r life

owned
Posted By: TronX Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/09/04 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
I've been wanting to say this all my ceg'r life

owned

You would have done the very same as if it was your money.
Posted By: TronX Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/09/04 09:27 PM
Call Bill, Steve or Tim.

This problem was resolved several days ago. I informed you that I was away on Jury duty, not a foggy excuse, and would credit the account ASAP which I did on 11/04/04 at 11:40am. So I have no idea why you are posting negative comments on this board several days after the credit was issued.

I have been a part of the CEG since 1998 and have helped hundreds of CEG'rs get there parts cheap, fast, and accurate. Sometimes mistakes happen, and I made good on my end by crediting the entire S&H for that order $15 to be exact.

So I would appreciate in the future that you not post comments about a situation that had already been handled.

I would like to send my biggest apology too Bill.

I�ve been working solo at my job for the last 3 weeks with no one to help me on these servers. The stress level sort of blasted my perceptions way out of wack with everyone that I was dealing with at the time.

I asked my wife to check the account for 7$ from Signature and she said there was nothing, so I got a little steamy, I�m sorry. It was on her account that the CC# was for and she is not home yet to confirm the 15$ deposit.

I hope you have no ill feelings for the misunderstandings here with my little rant. You have got to understand my level of paranoia after dealing with years of being ripped off on the Internet.

Posted By: SVTMike_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/11/04 04:54 PM
Bill rocks! I order all my parts from him and will continue to do so.
Posted By: TronX Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/12/04 07:24 PM
Well, good news is my wife has the 15$.
And bad news is my wife has the 15$.

She never would have known..
That could have been 15$ for my TB intake parts.
Posted By: airmangoose Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/13/04 02:15 AM

Havent had the chance to deal with you much bill, but i join with everyone that you were long overdue for a promotion, just keep us posted bro.
Posted By: airmangoose Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/13/04 02:18 AM
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
Congrats on the promotion Bill and welcome to Steve Mullins Seeing that your moving to GM parts Bill, how much for the entire HID set up from the old body style Envoy? I'd like to add that to our new 04' Buick Ranier CXL

i know ur a contour guy, but keep the gm crap out of our gorrop, gm= grave mistake, lol just messing with ya
Posted By: airmangoose Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/13/04 02:23 AM
Call Bill, Steve or Tim.

THATS IS GIVE HIM HELL BILL
Posted By: R_G Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 11/16/04 04:09 AM
Bill is the great person to deal with - however, Eric is right - the Web site wouldn't work....
Posted By: R_G Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 12/06/04 02:03 AM
Do promise not to laugh but Steve Mullin moved up too - was promoted as a something-Manager. Tim Vierra is the guy to deal with.

Timothy Viera
Senior Parts Counterperson
Signature Lincoln Mercury
3030 E. Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89104
800-876-3280 x233
tviera@signaturelm.com
No way, really? Damn, we keep going through 'em. Oh well, I always forgot Steve's name and would ask for Bill anyway. I'll still call SLM and ask for Bill Jenkins in 30 years.
Posted By: Bill @ SigLM Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 12/10/04 07:07 PM
Guys,

Steve was promoted to Parts Manager after our last one left after the takeover.

So you can deal with Myself or Tim.

I may also soon be able to get discounts on the following brands.

Honda, Toyota, Scion, Caddy, Chevy, Saab, Subura, GMC, Land rover, Buick, VW, Saturn, and Hyundai.
Posted By: Bill @ SigLM Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 12/10/04 07:13 PM
Originally posted by R_G:
Bill is the great person to deal with - however, Eric is right - the Web site wouldn't work....

Remember you MUST enable 3rd party cookies in IE in order for it to work properly.
Posted By: R_G Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 12/10/04 07:59 PM
Bill - it worked ever since all right - I guess it was just a temporary glitch or something.
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 01/03/05 09:27 AM
Bill,

sent emails to the addresses you posted and everything bounced and now your website won't load either?

Any help appreciated!
Yet another happy Ceger.

Heres my story, I called and asked for bill which in turn i got tim. I had to order a Svt cruise control cable and an SVT passenger side exhaust hanger with bushing. Got the Cable fine but tim wasnt able to find the hanger.

So i told him i would call him back when i got home with a part number. Not 5 min later i got a phone call back from tim saying he got ahold of bill and got the part number.

I was shocked that he just didnt blow me off and wait for me to call back. Ordered all my stuff and got them today. Bill just wanted to thank you again and please thank tim for the stand up job he did.
Posted By: shysta3369 Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 01/26/05 04:02 PM
yep
Hey bill, I know this is a little off subject... but I went to my local ford dealer to get my oil changed and get a free inspection... and I got my reciept and saw that the parts and service director goes by the name "Ken Jenkins" its a long shot, but do you have any relation to him? Up here in midland Mi.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 02/25/05 10:21 PM
Originally posted by ALIAS Jerk:
Hey bill, I know this is a little off subject... but I went to my local ford dealer to get my oil changed and get a free inspection... and I got my reciept and saw that the parts and service director goes by the name "Ken Jenkins" its a long shot, but do you have any relation to him? Up here in midland Mi.

And Bill, could you get me Bill Walton's autograph, seeing as how you have the same name..

Sorry, thought I'd throw some humor into this, as there are probably 10,000+ people in the US with the last name Jenkins. I went to school with 2 or 3 of them.

Mark
After reading all the threads in this post, that last one was the best. Love the humor!! I have never ordered anything from SLM or Bill, but after everything I just read, next time I need something for my '96 SE I'll be sure to check with them. Oh Yeah, Congrats on the promotion Bill.

'96 Contour SE ATX

'04 Mazda 6i MTX
Posted By: R_G Re: Moving up in the world! Sorry guys. - 04/03/05 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
as there are probably 10,000+ people in the US with the last name Jenkins.

I would say rather 100,000+
© CEG Archives