Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Porsche derived duratech documentation. - 02/29/04 09:57 PM
I've read a bit about the 2.5 being a slight modification of a Porsche design, mostly shortening the block to fit in this platform. I have never been led astray by any of you (demonsvt in particular, the source of most of this), but where can i find documented proof of the origin of this engine design? It's easy for me to believe for two reaons:

The other possiblity is Ford managed to extract 170 high-revving ponies from a measly 152 cu in or so... look at the V-6 than came in mustangs in '95... blech.

I've driven it, and wow.

but i can't tell my buddies, "oh, i read it on a forum, it must be true" so all you experts, where can i find this documentation?
Terry Haines' commentary.

Terry was a Ford engineer that worked on the original powertrain design for the Mondeo/Contour. It doesn't get more authoritative than that.
Yea Terry even has pics of the engines in the Porsche crates!
Yup, the gist of the story is, Porsche also does contract engineering work, and they were contracted to design a small displacement, "high-tech" V6 for Ford North America/Ford of Europe, much like Yamaha was contracted to design/build the SHO V6 in the Taurus.
Yeah, i found a ton of stuff in the archives, never thought to search there

does anyone have the pics of the engine in the porsche crate?
Yup, there's lots of stuff in the archives, info from before Aug '02 when the site was upgraded. The regular search feature at the top only contains info from then to the present.
Originally posted by 95Sleeper:
Yeah, i found a ton of stuff in the archives, never thought to search there

does anyone have the pics of the engine in the porsche crate?

I think there is some in the fordcontour.org pics section.
© CEG Archives