Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Vote here for the March car Of The Month - 02/17/04 10:37 AM
Here are the 5 finalists for the month of March to be voted on. Vote once and only once. Voting will be left open untill March the 1st, closing at 1pm that day. I will then post the winner at 1:30pm that day.

Car of the month: March 2004

Snafuflux

beyondloadedSE

Stolon#05

1BADTOUR

Mikey boy

I vote for the red car.
Originally posted by bentleywarren:
I vote for the red car.

Me too...

Actually, I had to go with BeyondloadedSE because I love the wheels. Superior Scoundrels?
Originally posted by bentleywarren:
I vote for the red car.

That was a tough one!! All of them are sweet!
Nice job guys!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Vote here for the March car Of The Month - 02/17/04 05:22 PM
yeah, it was tough but i had to vote for the red pre-98
wow, lots of pre98 svt (kinda) flavor. all very nice cars, hard to pick when they are all great looking.

went with stolen#5 b/c IMO its the best pic. congrats to everyone though cause you are all lookin tight!
Originally posted by ElKy:
yeah, it was tough but i had to vote for the red pre-98

LOL, Yeah there was only two other pre98s that submitted and those two where tan. We picked the best ones we had and they all just happen to be red. Everyones car looks great and I would like to say thanks to all those who made this Pre98 Only month happen because they submitted.

Once again I wil not vote untill the end, in the event of a tie. Good luck to all the finalist's and happy voting.
Adam, be honest...did you vote for yourself?
Originally posted by Batmobile:
Adam, be honest...did you vote for yourself?

LOL No I didn't Somebody else did. I'm honored that someone voted for my car.
thats a tough one! i honestly like all of them....im still thinking...
Originally posted by 1BADTOUR:
LOL, Yeah there was only two other pre98s that submitted and those two where tan. We picked the best ones we had

No love for the champage? It's my favorite pre-98 color ...
thank you to everyone that has cast a vote for my car, but i can read the writing on the wall. i have fought a good fight but come up short. i would like to have everyone that would be casting any future votes for me to please vote for beyondloaded's car. i voted for him, and he deserves it. the 3L turbo project that he is doing himself, with a little help, deserves all of our respect and all of our backing. BEYONDLOADED FOR MARCH CAR OF THE MONTH!!
Sometimes (IMO) a front and a back picture help
dont give up! you must fight till the bitter end!
I went with Mikey Boy's car. The lowering job and the mesh made the diff.
Originally posted by maxx_power76:
I went with Mikey Boy's car. The lowering job and the mesh made the diff.

I did too!

I had never seen his car before and we all gave him such a hard time at the last meet in HSV about not having a car and all. But then there was the Barbie thing, but that's another thread.

There just seems to be something about it that made my jaw drop. Honestly, all the cars looked great, just Mikey's stood out to me.
I had to go with beyondloaded because his has been among my favorite pre-98's since I first saw it. You can't tell in the pic shown, but his front bumper is unique, the first SVT on a pre-98 if I remember correctly, and not done like all the other ones were. Oh yeah, then theres that little engine project going on....
Originally posted by mikey boy:
thank you to everyone that has cast a vote for my car, but i can read the writing on the wall. i have fought a good fight but come up short. i would like to have everyone that would be casting any future votes for me to please vote for beyondloaded's car. i voted for him, and he deserves it. the 3L turbo project that he is doing himself, with a little help, deserves all of our respect and all of our backing. BEYONDLOADED FOR MARCH CAR OF THE MONTH!!

Don't give up so easy , There is still alot of time to vote, 12 days to be exact. So keep those votes coming in.
all of my favorite pre 98's in one post
props to all of you, i hope someday my tour will look as good as any of those cars...
WOW What a difference a day makes, mikey boy and beyondloadedSE are in a tie for second, stolon#05 is only trailing by one vote behind them and of course my car is in last place , Snafuflux is the top dog right now, but who knows things can change in a day or two. So everyone keep the votes coming in and have fun with this.
I checked this out to see if there by any chance were any first generation t-red SE's up for vote. Imagine my surprise.

My vote goes to Mikey boy. His looks closest to stock (and hence closest to mine). (I was going to vote for beyondloadedse until I heard about his rumored affair with the intern).

Gotta love the first generation T-red SEs. I think the Contour of the month should ALWAYS be a first generation T-red SE.

Correction. I wanted to vote for 1badtour. Beautiful beautiful car - a Contour the way God intended Contours to be.
Posted By: MLK Re: Vote here for the March car Of The Month - 02/18/04 08:26 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

went with stolen#5 b/c IMO its the best pic. congrats to everyone though cause you are all lookin tight!

Wow - I think Snafuflux has the best picture - the angle and light really show why our cars are beautiful.

The composition of Stolon's is intersting but the car comes up flat.

just one man's opinion though
Originally posted by MLK:

The composition of Stolon's is intersting but the car comes up flat.

just one man's opinion though

I agree. i'm not overly thrilled w/ the lighting in that pic. there was too much glare on the lense and everything just went plzzzzzzzzth.
Snafuflux's car is just pure
He got my vote.
mmmmmm, very difficult choice those 5 car are all great...I've got to go with Mikey boy for those big rims !
The five pics are just sick with great lighting and background, congrats to everyone to be in finalist and good luck !
I voted for your car 1BADTOUR because you kept a very nice flow with your upgrades. Wheels, though stock don't focus attention away from the car like the white wheels do.

I saw flaws in other cars, like foggies that are blue tint instead of clear like the headlights, an uneven gap between hood & bumper cover on others, etc.

They all make me sad when I compare them to my car.

Excellent cars - every one!
hey, thanks everyone for all of your compliments on all of our cars, they are greatly appreciated.
Umm are these the same cars with different rims LOL..
I ended up voting for the rims, hence, Snafuflux.
hey, thanks everyone for all of your compliments on all of our cars, they are greatly appreciated.

I believe we're all winners. To be finalists.

GL to us all. but most importantly, its what we (the drivers) think of our cars. and I LOVE my car
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:

I believe we're all winners. To be finalists.

GL to us all. but most importantly, its what we (the drivers) think of our cars. and I LOVE my car

Very true and well put. Keep those votes coming in.
Originally posted by Keith W:

you can even see my rims here is a better shot...

it is a better pic of my car anyway.

Good looking car. You got my vote.

I like the simple 5 spoke wheels on the Contour.
ttt
very nice cars i wish more people would modify these rides i cant wait to get a camera and post my pics many applauds
bump
Keep those votes coming in everyone.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil A glimpse of the future - 02/22/04 09:44 PM
If nothing else now I know what I have to look forward to when I get my rims... and it's nice.
i voted for 1badtour

only one without the svt kit...and still looked sweet!

my pre-98 has no kit so i was partial...

all those look awesome...great job!
Originally posted by laz2447:
i voted for 1badtour

only one without the svt kit...and still looked sweet!

my pre-98 has no kit so i was partial...

all those look awesome...great job!

Thanks alot, I try to keep my tour looking good it seems like its a never ending battle, but its well worth it. I'm about to add a few more mods to my car here in the next week or two, so stay tuned.......
Did pre-98's come in any color other than T-red
yeah roger, mine is electric red.
I had to go with Stolon. Nice Ride! This month was pretty tough to choose all of the finalist rides were pretty tight
I voted for mikey boy's because the rims are sweet.
TTT Keep those votes coming in.
this post keeps getting lost on page 3.
Keep those votes coming in, you have about 3 days left of voting.
Get those last minute votes in, you have about a day and a half left.
Well you have about 1 hour and 50 minutes left to vote, hurry up and get your votes in before its to late.
so i take it this was a themed month?
© CEG Archives