Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Winger Cost to replace mirror? - 02/07/04 10:15 PM
Well someone at my University decided I didn't need my passenger side view mirror and broke it off. Anybody have an idea as to how much the replacement is going to cost me? Will be best to go to the dealership or an autobody shop to do the replacement? The plastic shell has been broken off as well as the mirror but the internal piece that moves is still intact and functional.
Posted By: RoeCyris Re: Cost to replace mirror? - 02/08/04 05:59 AM
i've had a broken driver side mirror for over a year now, its being held on with many layers of electrical tape. the cost will run you from $30-$145 depending on if you get it at ebay or at the dealership. I highly suggest NOT getting it at the dealership. Even thoa its new, if your car is over a few years old the paint wont match due to what the sun can do to your paint. A body shop will do it for like $50, so if you do the whole thing on ebay your lookin at like $100. If you can find one in your body color then thats even better.
Posted By: YouMust Re: Cost to replace mirror? - 02/08/04 06:16 AM
What color do you have?
Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: Cost to replace mirror? - 02/08/04 06:25 AM
I went through the same situation this summer...Came back from the mall and saw my driver's side mirror on the ground, just having a good time...I was like WTF....Finding an OEM mirror wasn't too difficult, got one through a ford dealership connection w/discount...i believe it came somewhere around under a 100 bucks...Make sure you get the right OEM mirror, I believe they have two versions for some reasons, I had two versions for my 99, was a bit confusing...but install was pretty easy thereafter...btw, I have heard that the passenger's side mirror is more expensive than the driver's side on many cars...good luck..could even try that jenkin's fellow for an oem mirror, im not really sure, im a newb around here...but if youre around the metro detroit area i might be able to help ya out...anyways good luck...
Posted By: Winger Re: Cost to replace mirror? - 02/08/04 08:36 PM
Originally posted by YouMust:
What color do you have?

It's a 1999 with the blue color. Not the regular blue or sky blue but some kind of metallic blue. Looks slightly girly to me but what the hell I got a good deal on it.
Posted By: RoeCyris Re: Cost to replace mirror? - 02/08/04 11:21 PM
there are two versions, one has a smooth finish and one has a rougher finish.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Cost to replace mirror? - 02/09/04 07:31 AM
Get em from my local junyard for $30 regardless of finish.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Cost to replace mirror? - 02/09/04 04:39 PM
If anyone has the drivers side mirror I need one. PM me.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Cost to replace mirror? - 02/09/04 06:03 PM
Check out http://www.car-parts.com for a used one. Save ya some time and moolah.
Posted By: topgunz_1_dup1 Re: Cost to replace mirror? - 02/09/04 08:00 PM
is the mirror broken off completely or just knocked loose or something? I had an incident with mine once. There are 3 mounting posts in the mirror that mount it to the door. On mine one of the posts (the forward one) broke. Instead of buying a whole new mirrow to fix a broked plastic post, I got a 2 part plastic epoxy from a hardware store and glued the post back on. Let it harden for a long time and the mirror will be good as new. If your mirror is broken off completely, I doubt this method will work though... good luck.
Posted By: coatsy Re: Cost to replace mirror? - 02/10/04 01:17 AM
Theres alway some on e-bay
© CEG Archives