Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TaurusKev Will this work? (Zetec engine replacement) - 01/23/04 06:23 PM
My engine sucks... So i went on ebay and looked at Zetec engines, and I ran across: Ford Zetec Engine

Has zero miles! It says it will fit contour, but would it fit a 95? Looks alittle similar to mine...
Have to fabricate your own mounts. And i believe the bell housings on the trans might be different. Maype a new computer....It would probably work better in a pre 98....No VCT
We ran into ALOT (enough to kill the project) of problems when trying to swap in a Focus Zetec...
Theres quite a few differences, most importantly, different mounting spots for alternator,waterpump,AC,and PS. Definately not worth the trouble!
Originally posted by bk4293:
Have to fabricate your own mounts. And i believe the bell housings on the trans might be different. Maype a new computer....It would probably work better in a pre 98....No VCT

He said he has a 95.
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
Originally posted by bk4293:

He said he has a 95.

I know thats why I said what I said. He had a better chance if it's not mostly vacuum controlled. Like stated earlier its gonna be alot of work. if your going to do it and waste the time and money, I'd start pricing Foci SVT motors, or see what a 3L would cost. I know a 3liter will cost you more going from a Zetec.
© CEG Archives