Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
It's been, what, two years? Time to face reality.
One of my best friends dads is a VERY good lawyer but he deals mainly with personal injury claims. I might have to talk to him about this.
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/09/04 04:36 PM
what did kaotic do? I have a set of rims that are forza 007s. The bill says kaotic made my rims though.
Posted By: lsneo Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/09/04 04:42 PM
you guys think my bank can do something about it since i payed with a check??
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/09/04 04:52 PM
Originally posted by lsneo:

That's the best way. Paper trail. Cancel that sucker.
Originally posted by lsneo:

hmm...i wonder if thats why its listed on their website to pay with money order only.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/09/04 05:04 PM
I know somebody this is gonna be good for some and bad for others but i think the people in the buy should be able to get ahold of them.

Seem the guy who used to post her on her alot under the name Crofty59, has been posting quite often over on termpro forums.He has posts as recent as wednesday over there. Just a heads up if anyone watns to try to reach him, still.
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
what did kaotic do?

or didnt?
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/09/04 05:21 PM
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
what did kaotic do?

Here you go One of the group buy post . That should do for some good reading. but it doesnt take long to find out what is wrong in this situation.

Ive sat through a long group buy( the original micah svt bumper , 14 months long) but i do seem to think these poeple(ceg members) have gotten the short end of the stick. I havent seen any of the kits that were supposed to be going out everyweek on anyones car yet.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/09/04 06:20 PM
I paid with Paypal but they cant do anythig after 30 days!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/09/04 06:20 PM
I paid with Paypal but they cant do anythig after 30 days!
You can say That again!
I can't tell from the thread, but did ANYONE receive a kit from them?
they posted pics of a finished kit for Mike in MI.
did Mike actually receive it?
I think Matt (Speed Demons) got his front bumper; which is all he ordered. It's the Black Tour with the red front end. It looks great, IMHO. AFAIK-he's the only one that got anything. I was in the original group buy years and years ago; when I got my first car. Nothing would ever happen and sometimes I'd have money and sometimes I wouldn't; I'm glad I never sent anything.
I have paid them over $1,100 for the kit plus the widebody and shipping. All in money orders. The last contact I have had was in an e-mail from Crofty saying my kit would be shipped the thursday after Thanksgiving.

I am #4 on the list by the way. I have sent him e-mails since then w/no response, and tried to call just to get a machine. I am just crossing my fingers and praying to get my kit soon.
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/09/04 09:37 PM
Paying by money order.... mail fraud... postmaster general...
What do you mean mail fraud? With a money order? I am confused.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/09/04 09:48 PM
I'm not in this group buy, but it sounds like a good time to have a caravan of Contours.......... no wait, PISSED OFF CONTOURS heading out to California to call them out in person... Wonder if that would light a match under their asses!! Good luck to everyone in that group buy.

Mark
Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/09/04 09:48 PM
I guess I assumed it was a money order you got at the Post Office...

If you mailed payment through the USPS, I guess the Postal Service may still be interested: http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/GetWhatYouOrdered.htm
Posted By: Freakshow Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/09/04 10:06 PM
You could just attempt to sue Lance on the grounds that he hosts the site where the GB took place therefor he is partially responsible for the GB gone bad. Just kidding
Really though, kinda sad to see this type of thing happening on here and I hope it all gets resolved soon. I'm glad I didn't jump in on that GB or the SVT Emblem one I was looking at and this makes me even more weary of jumping in GB's hosted by people I haven't previously dealth with.
In an attempt to find a positive spin on this there are still some very good CEGers doing business here like Flecha, Cuervo, Bill Jenkins to name a few. I know there's more but those are the guys I have dealt with and would gladly do business with again so thanks to those people who operate honest and trustworthy business on CEG.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/10/04 05:30 AM
Not to mention dean.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/10/04 04:43 PM
Just what the CEG didn't need, another black eye
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
Just what the CEG didn't need, another black eye

More like the brown eye
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/11/04 02:43 AM
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Not to mention dean.

Which Dean?
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/11/04 05:07 AM
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Not to mention dean.

Which Dean?

I think he's responding to freakshow, who mentioned certain people that are good to deal with. Dean as in DeanJoyce I would say.
Posted By: alibies Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/11/04 04:47 PM
and adam prewit (1badtour) hes honest too!
The patience you folks that have paid are expressing is impressive. Definitely.
So Kaotic kinda-sorta posted an update. Is that going to be satisfactory or are other options going to be explored?
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/14/04 06:23 PM
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
So Kaotic kinda-sorta posted an update. Is that going to be satisfactory or are other options going to be explored?

I say keep going with the options because how many times have we heard some sort of BS like this. There is no excuse for this crap!
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/14/04 07:15 PM
Any of you guys who fell for this fraud scheme thought about asking the Nor-Cal CEG members to drive up there and survey the situation?

About a 3.5hr drive from the bay area and 1.5hrs from the Sacramento guys.

Anyone hear from Nirish, he was the one who gave them his SVT for the test fit?

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/14/04 07:17 PM
I'd have beat down their door & pounded them into the ground with my lawyer a long time ago.

I've heard of poor business acumen before, but two years & still no sign of a delivery date? GEEZ!
Posted By: ElKy Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/14/04 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Fmr12B:

maybe he was in on the scam?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/14/04 08:50 PM
I say cut your losses and go after them. They have had plenty of time. The way they are treating the CEGers involved is unheard of by anyone that is running a legit business, or at least one that will be around for a while.

At this point I would say fcuk it, and get my lawyer involved.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/14/04 08:57 PM
Now that I think about it, you're best first move is to get the press involved. The newspaper or TV stations in Kaotics area will likely have a consumer advocate that would be HAPPY to get involved with a booming industry like aftermarket parts & kits.

Getting into something current would be a joy for the TV crews & draw attention that Kaotic will not want. They'll pony up or dry up. Trust me....
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/14/04 09:15 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
Originally posted by Fmr12B:

maybe he was in on the scam?

Here is the latest email I have received from him dating the 10th of Jan. :

Hey People:

Some of you have contacted me recently in regards to the almighty Kaotic Kit.....

I still don't have my car back so I'm very much in the same boat as many of you. I've been for the most part removed from Kaotic due to school and life in general. I have trust and confidence in Chris still and I do keep in contact with him on occation. My car is finished painting and I am awaiting for my car to be delievered to me.

Your kits. There has been a lot of pressure on Kaotic recently and yes things obviously are not being handled in the best way possible. Kaotic took in too many jobs without the manpower to back up the demand from what I understand. I talked to Chris about these things and currently the Contour and his Probe projects are priority. He will be producing kits - one every week or two and shipping them out.

The shops number can be found on the website @ www.kaoticinnovations.com - There isn't much I can do for you guys - as you all know I became a liaison in the entire matter since Terry seems to have abondoned the very GB he started and communication from Kaotic was nearly non-exisitant. I know my involvement in the project helped restore confidence in the many of you invested in this project. Yes it is rediculous that this project took this long, yes it's been 14 freggin months - but look - i'm keeping a cool head about it so I urge you all to as well.

While I can't do anything directly on Kaotic's behalf I do have a better chance of getting a hold of Chris than any of you since I get updates from him directly. Pass info to me if you can't get a hold of him @ the shop or through his AIM name (see website).

Thank you all
Nirish

nirish parsad..::nyceboicreations.com::..

However I talked to him online and he said that he has done his job and that as far as he is concerned he is done. His job was suposedly just the donor car.

I asked him if he had his car back yet and he said that it was in the paint shop and that it should be out soon and that was a few days ago.

He also mentioned that the guy from Kaotic made him Lambo style doors and had put rear suicide doors on it as well!

I guess he did it because he had his car for so long but come on, he has had so much money of ours for too long and more than ample time to complete the project!

I sent them a letter since we cant get a hold of them on the phone, however I doubt it will do any good. If I wasnt a broke-ass college student that spent all my money on this kit I would hire a lawyer!

Someone help !
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Now that I think about it, you're best first move is to get the press involved. The newspaper or TV stations in Kaotics area will likely have a consumer advocate that would be HAPPY to get involved with a booming industry like aftermarket parts & kits.

Getting into something current would be a joy for the TV crews & draw attention that Kaotic will not want. They'll pony up or dry up. Trust me....

Thats a pretty good idea. I wish you guys the best of luck in getting your kits.
I tried to talk to there neighbor the other day ... Dewey Pest Control 2870 Feather River Bl Oroville, CA 95965 (530) 534-9331 ... I guess Kaotic is in suite B supposedly ... someone could try contacting them to see if these [censored] are still around.
Posted By: lsneo Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/15/04 12:23 AM
nah nirish woulnt pull something like that.
Posted By: bigball Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/15/04 01:47 AM
How much did you guys pay for the kits?
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/15/04 05:10 AM
I'm lookin at a loss of around $700 including shipping
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/16/04 01:30 AM
Read Post in GROUP BUY SECTION!

Now moved to General
Posted By: onosway Re: When is someone going to sue Kaotic? - 01/16/04 02:41 AM
CLICK THE LINK ON MY SIG!!!

Guys...I have paper trails miles long...

Every check was copied so I have proof of everyone who sent money to me for Kaotic - every paypal transaction too. I can PDF everything if you need a copy of your original transactions.
© CEG Archives