Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVT B Proud 17 year old owner of a 98.5 Contour SVT - 01/08/04 10:52 PM
I am very fortunate to own a 98.5 Contour SVT at the young of of 17, (technically bought a day before i was 17), and i was just wondering if there are any other young proud owners of SVT's out there. It sure is great, and i'm proud to be a part of the contour.org family.
Welcome to the CEG. Post some pics of your new (used) car
I drove my Moms T Tird when I was 17. Didnt get my truck until I was 18.
im 17, been on here since i was 15, but i own a gl/svt. Many other just svt owners on here though.
17 huh?.....back in my day, when I was 17, all I got was a 1974 Chevy Nova that was a beautiful mix between rust and puke green, had a 250 inline 6, 14" steelies with trim rings, and smelled like beef and cheese. It was bought for $1,000. But that was only 4 years ago.... Welcome to CEG and I think there are a few 17 year olds floating around here, but they don't last too long because they crash their cars too fast....just kidding of course.
I'm 16 and own a 1998, Black GL. Countdown to liscense: 44 days.
I got mine when i was 16 back in 1998. I dont drive an SVT, but its still a contour.
I 16 and own a 1998 Contour SVT. I also dont drive reckless like other people: ) I would cry for weeks If I recked my contour. Welcome to the ceg family. Check out my profile for link to my website!
i cry if i bottom out and hit my bumper, i cant imagine what i would do if i wrecked it
I am 19 and have a green csvt.
Damn proud 16 year old with a 2000 SE V6 5 spd.
19 and one my second contour
I was given the SE when i got my licesnse, gave that back to my parents last year and bought my SVT last spring when i was 18.
I'm 17 and I own a 95 GL. I bought it a few months before I turned 17 and after driving it for about 5 months the tranny went. About the same time I lost my job so I don't have money to fix it so it's just sittin in my garage collecting dust
i bought my 98.5 svt when i was 16 and finished paying it off just after i turned 17. It feels so good to own something that you worked so hard to get!!
i got my car a month before i turned 18.

now im 19 and own a 97 contour with a 3L (a 3L i build by myself and did the whole swap)
My parents bought the Contour for me to drive a few months before I turned 17. I joined CEG the day after it happened. (Wow, it's been that long!) A Probe interval and I'm back to driving the Contour again, though trying to save some money to either buy it or another Contour so I can call one my own.
17 year old mystique owner here. Car has been in the family since it came out in '95
I'm 20 (well, almost 21) and have a '98.5 SVT Contour, a '97 GTP, a '93 SHO, and a '90 SHO
I got my CSVT last year when I was 18.
im 17 n i gotta 98 se mtx. just completed 3l swap, also done by myself and my brother...
While your a proud SVT Owner, im a Proud 16 yr old owner of a 95 Contour GL owner and I owned it since i was 15! Ahhh, smells brand new on the inside too.....
got my SE at 17
Holy crap, I did't realize how many 17 year olds there are on here. I'm 19 now and when i was 17 on these boards, everyone seemed so old. I remember when FLCEKid was like 15, wasn't your old name lmao@95gl or something like that?
Originally posted by 98 SE:
A Probe interval...

What do you mean by that??? Wait!! I don't want to know...
I'm 40 & I still love my SE (check sig). My wife bought it for me for Valentines Day 2003.

Welcome to CEG & enjoy that phat car!
I'm 17, no SVT though I'm content with my car.
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I'm 40 & I still love my SE ....

phew ..... I though I was the only non teenager left. I'm 30 and hating it.
I bought the countour 3 days after my 16th birthday. ..that was over a year ago, I'm 17 now, and lovin the 95 SE contour, 5spd
Originally posted by MarkO:

LOL, no doubt, I'm only 24 (pushing 25) and this post is making me feel old. What ever happened to driving some $800 beater in High School??
well I planned to get a chep-ass beater, but my budget was 2 G's, and thats what the conour cost me

of course, the 130k miles probably contributed to that
I'm the original Proud SVT
Originally posted by 98 SE:
A Probe interval...

What do you mean by that??? Wait!! I don't want to know...

All joking aside ...

With the amount of posts you've got, you should have noticed the 1995 Ford Probe GT in my signature from Nov. 2002 till August/Sept. 2003 ... or at least the few months from your reg. date till I got rid of it ... I miss that car sometimes (especially its looks) but pouring ridiculous amounts of money and time into car repairs, and still having the thing broken, is not fun.
I'm 22 now... Bought my 2000 SVT in August of 2000 about a week before my 19th birthday... I bet I have the biggest payment of all you young guns... Wish I could have found a used one

Actually I love the fact that I bought it new, I know every mile that's been driven in that car, every problem it has, every imperfection in the paint... Don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon either...

Mark
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
Originally posted by MarkO:

LOL, no doubt, I'm only 24 (pushing 25) and this post is making me feel old. What ever happened to driving some $800 beater in High School??

I hear ya, I just turned 23 not to long ago and I am feeling way old! Backint he day when I was 16 all I could afford was a $3000 chev celebrity eurosport!
yup it was

lmaoatmy95gl
When I was 17 I bought my first car.

1985 Mustang GT.
$1200

Stock Heads port and polished
MSD Ignition
3" Dynomax exhaust
650 Holley Double Pumper

Lots of other stuff that i forget now. I bought it off of a Roush mechanic. I didn't know anything about cars at the time, just that this thing hauled ass and I was able to beat cobras at the time. I was happy. But this thing was all rusted out it was nothing to look at but that's ok all anyone ever saw was my big fat tailpipes. LOL
first car @ 16 n 3 months was an '89 Accord LXi. second car, 3 months later, '97 Mustang, and in sept of the 03 got my svt. 18 and loving that car. 1 month and piston fux0red up but now shes back. enjoy that car man. TEENAGERS UNITE AGAINST THE OLD...j/k guys. yall are still useful
damn everyone here is younger than i thought. i knew a few of you were young, but it seems that i am about average age here. in a month ill be 20, i have had my svt since last may and have loved every day since!
(gulp)... my son is 18. Doesn't have his license but learned a stick on my car. My daughter is now 22 but doesn't need a car right now at Ft. Bragg.

30 and 40 is old?
Well I am 20 and have owned two svt's. One with one of those fancy forced induction systems, crazy.
U guys are making me feel old! 17 yrs old with an SVT! When I was 17 I had a 1.1 Ford Fiesta (damn UK insurance! ). I got my 2.0 Zetec Mondeo when I was 22 and my Mondeo ST24 when I was 28!
i bought my 95 gl from my mom for 400 last may when i was 19. now it is a gl/svt in the works.
Welcome to the CEG...now, wheres the pics That troutslap was apart of your CEG initiation and if you didn't cry, your in! Nice car to have when your "just" 17, I was driving a 78' Caprice Classic 2 door when I was that age.
damn spoiled kids with their SVTs
19 here, T-Red SVT. Paying for it myself, too, thank u......
When I was 17 I had a 90 SHO that I kept untill about 5 months ago. When I got the tour in may of 02 the SHO just was just collecting dust most of the time so I sold it. I'm 21 now..
Proud owner of a 99 T-Red SVT
My first car was my baby bought it in 1999...1991 Mustang 5.0 Drop top with a style bar..She looked bad a$$ with the top down...when i bought the car it was like brand new...only had 45,000 miles on it...as I had to go to college and needed a better car for the winter time i then bought my 99 CSVT in Sept of 01...and now Im in the process of trying to sell my car so i can buy a new car...No more used cars for me...its going to be Euro FSVT or SRT-4 ....wanted to buy a WRX but out of my price range...College is killing me right now
Quote:

well I planned to get a chep-ass beater, but my budget was 2 G's, and thats what the conour cost me

of course, the 130k miles probably contributed to that

I know what you mean. I got my 1998 GL for $2300 and it only has 86K on it. I love my car
My first car was a Ford model T (Ha Ha)
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
damn spoiled kids with their SVTs

I wish I were spoiled. $439.19/mo. Your momma wanna make my payment? Just Playin'

Mark
I have updated my specs, but i am trying to get hold of a digital camera to upload my pics. Nice welcoming.
i got u beat i have a 98.5 contour svt at 16
i bought my CSVT in september when i was 17, i just turned 18. the CSVT is my 4th car since i started drivin at 16.
Well if u read it, you would see that i got my svt at 16 years 364 days.
I was 21 when I got my POS se.
im 17 with a 96 sport!

you could say my car is svt-impared
im 17 i bought my svt contour a year ago its a great car
I was 18 when I "stole" my 98.5 T-Red SVT from a Pontiac Dealership for only $3000.00 With 80,000 miles on it. I was the badest lookin mother in 12th grade. Dealer thought the engine was trashed... it wasn't, I knew better. The friggin belt was bad and I was good friends with the guy who traded it in (for a Denali, go figure?!). Every mile on this thing was highway, still runs like brand spankin new. This baby purrrs, and is sweet as fudge. Just thought I'd shoot out my braggs first. Welcome to the boards man, congrats.
I got my T Red 98 SVT last month, just barely 16 and a half.
I am 52 and I got my first SVT love this car
Originally posted by SVT B:
I am very fortunate to own a 98.5 Contour SVT at the young of of 17, (technically bought a day before i was 17), and i was just wondering if there are any other young proud owners of SVT's out there. It sure is great, and i'm proud to be a part of the contour.org family.

I don't have an SVT, I got a 95 SE, and a 99 SE Sport. I got the 95 atx when I was 19, and the 99 mtx when I was 20. I used to drive my parents 95 lx atx when I was 16, and sometimes my sisters 2000 se atx. And rare occasion my sister's boyfriends 98.5 svt. So I have got to drive like 6 of these babies in my life time, the six being a local CEGers SVT in a test drive.
I was 18 when I bought mine. I've had the SVT for almost two years now... found it advertised in a Thrifty Nickel and jumped on it. My mom is helping with the payments because I'm helping her by having a scholarship, and I pay for gas (~$1.68 for premium right now ) and I pay insurance. And speeding tickets .

Peace

Jed
© CEG Archives