Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Monstour Wondering - 12/27/03 06:41 PM
I was just wondering what does the "SE" stand for on my car, how does it make the car differ from any other tour?
Posted By: SAV Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 02:24 AM
Before 1998, I belive SE's were the sportified model of the Contour. After 1998, the SE Sport became the filler for the SE, and the SE dropped to a slightly better equipped Contour LX. I'm not sure if I'm recalling it all correctly, but there's a link on the site somewhere for it. SE specifically doesn't stand for anything, AFAIK.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 04:48 AM
SE used to mean "Sport Edition", but now is just the plain models of the Ford car line. Taurus has SE, SES, SEL, too many I think.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 08:54 AM
Who cares.....SEs suck!
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 10:53 AM
If SE stands for Sport Edition, wonder what GL means..
Posted By: SAV Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 03:12 PM
There's an understood R behind the GL, making it GL-R. It stands for Good Luck Racing.
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 04:36 PM
Replying to LoCoZ Who cares SE Sucks

Locoz whatever your name means Mr oh my god you got a granny car contour se 4cyl. ya remember that? Anyways to all you SE user our car may be basic all 98 - 2000 models our SE's still run the same as the 4cyl contours So who cares if we have an SE model. Locoz your tour probly and se too so why say they suck?! Just because you took of you SE badge and hid it with a side marker! I'm a proud owner of a 99 ford contour se zetec engine.
Posted By: Mad_Medeiros Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 04:45 PM
^^^^^

(Pls dont delete this one!)
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 04:57 PM
LOL
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 05:29 PM
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
Replying to LoCoZ Who cares SE Sucks

Locoz whatever your name means Mr oh my god you got a granny car contour se 4cyl. ya remember that? Anyways to all you SE user our car may be basic all 98 - 2000 models our SE's still run the same as the 4cyl contours So who cares if we have an SE model. Locoz your tour probly and se too so why say they suck?! Just because you took of you SE badge and hid it with a side marker! I'm a proud owner of a 99 ford contour se zetec engine.

I think if he owns one that gives him every right to say they suck. I own one and it sucks, hell it sucks worse than Hectors but we both love 'em!!!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 05:31 PM
Mine sucks more!!!!!,,, though it's not a SE.
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 05:31 PM
true... he can say that about his. he can say my se sucks instead of saying who cares se's suck But oh well I dont care anymore
Posted By: contourfreak22 Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 05:49 PM
ok ok ok im sorry i'll shut up
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 05:55 PM
Originally posted by contourfreak22:
true... he can say that about his. he can say my se sucks instead of saying who cares se's suck But oh well I dont care anymore

Damn....And I though Little Joe was wierd
Posted By: bentleywarren_dup1 Re: Wondering - 12/28/03 10:46 PM
My first experience with a contique was with a 96 Contour SE, Duratec, ATX. It was on sale at a local car lot, and I took it for a test drive. It was a fantastic car, great handling, great acceleration, etc. I decided to buy it, but before I got back to the dealership to close the deal, the waterpump went out, and I pegged the temperature gauge getting it back to the dealer. By the time I returned the car, the engine was missing and pinging. At that time, I didn't know about contour.org, and I didn't know about the waterpump problems. I didn't buy that car, and I ended up buying a 95 Gl and a 95 Mystique GS. Neither of them really compare to the SE, but on the other hand, neither of them has lost a water pump/engine either.

Posted By: R_G Re: Wondering - 12/29/03 01:56 AM
I dunno which one is mine - "L" something, amd it suxxxxx
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Wondering - 12/29/03 08:33 AM
SE=Slow Edition....GL=Grandma Lugger
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Wondering - 12/29/03 09:03 AM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

Now now, my GL isnt a Grandma Lugger, (you wish it was so you could get a date ) GL probaly means Great Level. My GL has been so reliable to me latily, lets not make fun of it.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Wondering - 12/29/03 09:09 AM
Originally posted by KevContour:

Now now, my GL isnt a Grandma Lugger, (you wish it was so you could get a date ) GL probaly means Great Level. My GL has been so reliable to me latily, lets not make fun of it.

Oh forgot....SVT=Slow Vehicle Team
Posted By: MercuryMystik99 Re: Wondering - 12/29/03 09:24 AM
HAH! I dont have an se, a gl, an svt, or even a young america... I got m'self a spree!

And it still sucks.
Posted By: lowbudgetracing Re: Wondering - 12/29/03 10:58 AM
SVT salvage vehicle title
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Wondering - 12/29/03 05:58 PM
I've heard that after 1998, the SE stood for Surplus Equipment. That's why some SEs got crappy, pukey, sh!tty, poopy, yucky, Zetecs in them. Mine has a V-6 and I love it!

But before you go flamin' me, I also own a Ztec engine wrapped in a beautiful ZX-2 body that my daughter drives to college.

You can't get me!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Wondering - 12/29/03 05:59 PM
Originally posted by MercuryMystik99:
I got m'self a spree!

OUCH!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Wondering - 12/29/03 06:25 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I got m'self a spree!

OUCH!

Posted By: MercuryMystik99 Re: Wondering - 12/30/03 06:12 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I got m'self a spree!

OUCH!

still better than a ZETEC!
Posted By: R_G Re: Wondering - 12/30/03 06:44 AM
SVT: Soqosoqo ni Vakavulewa ni Taukei (Fijian political party)
© CEG Archives