Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Seems to be loading really slow. I know WorldTour is as well.
yeah, I've had some loading issues the last few days.
Originally posted by BStoneMega:

Posted By: rouar Re: Anyone else having problems with the site? - 11/17/03 08:44 PM
I've had loading issues AND cookie issues. (But cookie issues seem to be happening only in Safari so it might be a problem with that computer, as cookies are set in a particular fashion on it.)
Forums or anything associated with the forums would not open for me last Sat, Oct 15 in the PM. Seems to be fine now.
Originally posted by Blevans:
Forums or anything associated with the forums would not open for me last Sat, Oct 15 in the PM. Seems to be fine now.

Me too!
Just loading really slow for me. I would say its just my connection, but every other site that I go to is fast as usual
Originally posted by path914:
Just loading really slow for me. I would say its just my connection, but every other site that I go to is fast as usual

Originally posted by Blevans:

Someone is still living in last month.
has been slow for me at work the past while. really slow loading up initally. not too bad once I get in but some threads take a while to load.

A few loading issues, and a couple of times the main page would not load at all, "Page cannot be displayed".
I just wait a few minutes and try again, always loads the 2nd time I thought it was just my conputer or something.
Not a big deal, at least the site DOES load after awhile.
Yes, everyday it won't load for a couple of minutes, then it'll work fine.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Yes, everyday it won't load for a couple of minutes, then it'll work fine.

this is my problem

Only had the problem when pulling up today, works when it wants too..
The clock on the server must be off also.
its all because of zippys massive posting!
This is my persistant problem:

"Generated in 13.401 seconds in which 13.324 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries."

It appears as though the database is crawling at times. I've had pages take upwards of 70 seconds to load.
I've had to log in almost everytime I've accessed the site in the past few days and sometimes even when going from forums to mods, etc, I have to log in again. I was also unable to do any PM's this morning (11/17). LIKE NOW!!!! Now I can't even do this post!!!???? (Connection timed out)
Originally posted by 98 SE:
I've had loading issues AND cookie issues. (But cookie issues seem to be happening only in Safari so it might be a problem with that computer, as cookies are set in a particular fashion on it.)

ditto...for some reason safari gets anal sometimes and i have to manually reload some pages to view new/updated posts...
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:

A few loading issues, and a couple of times the main page would not load at all, "Page cannot be displayed".
I just wait a few minutes and try again, always loads the 2nd time I thought it was just my conputer or something.
Not a big deal, at least the site DOES load after awhile.

Ever since the power was knocked out in the wind storm, the server has been a little wonky. It did not come back up cleanly or gracefully.

I don't know what is wrong, but queries are taking forever. I'll probably reload the database and see if that helps.

Oh, and Christy is having problems with Safari (1.1 on Panther), too.

-Lance
Thanks Lance, I think I speak for all of us when I say we appreciate your effort greatly
Thanks Lance, I think I speak for all of us when I say we appreciate your effort greatly

Indeed.

Thanks! The site will be down tonight starting at 11pm PST for some maintenance (db reload, clock reset, etc).

-Lance
yeah im not sure whats up with safari...i dont think that it used to do this, but i could be wrong. (it did it before i upgraded to panther) i suspect its safari and not the site, but what do i know? lol. its so small a problem though that it still keeps me from using internet explorer (man i love tabs)

I agree, thanks for everything.
I was about a half hr ago.

Originally posted by LoCoZ:

Its been slow for me at times as well, even coming up saying "site no longer exsists or is down due to maintence", not responding, REFRESH, etc.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Still having trouble - 11/18/03 02:33 PM
Still having trouble this morning if you reset the server Lance.
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:

Yes. Thanks Lance.

Originally posted by Lance Kinley:

Thanks! The site will be down tonight starting at 11pm PST for some maintenance (db reload, clock reset, etc).

-Lance

That should give me plenty of time to get my CEG fix after work tonight before it goes down.
Just a FYI. Safari through Panther works fine here.
This morning all I could get is "Website Not Responding"
Anybody having the same trouble?
Lance has posted in the Announcements forum regarding this issue
he said it was hopefully fixed, but i couldn't load it for about 15 minutes ago. It wouldn't load for almost an hour. Everything works great now though.
Seems fine on my end! Woot!
The newer RedHat kernel seems to be garbage... I went back to 2.4.18 and it seems much better.

I've also turned off the ability to search ALL forums at once...those queries are killing performance. You can still search an entire category.

-Lance
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Works great - 11/20/03 03:49 PM
Everything is going much smoother for me now. Thanks a bunch.

Quote:

I've also turned off the ability to search ALL forums at once...those queries are killing performance.

You mean people were using it?
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Works great - 11/20/03 09:11 PM
Quote:

Everything is going much smoother for me now. Thanks a bunch.

Same here, thanks a bunch
Posted By: Bailey Re: Works great - 11/22/03 08:09 PM
Is anybody else having problems with this site agian today
Posted By: Nate S Re: Works great - 11/22/03 08:15 PM
yup, but seems to be back to normal for now.
© CEG Archives