Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 12:01 AM
"Mazda made Contour"

According to this dealer that "knows everything", Contours are all Mazda made. I was "corrected" by them, when I told them they are not Mazda made!

Boy I should know by now car sales people are the "experts"!
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 12:18 AM
Someone making something up on fraudBay!?!?!? No way!

I don't even think its worth it to send email to the seller.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 01:47 AM
Yeah a mechanic was telling me how Mazda made the tranny for the SVT, and how much better it was than a regular Contour. I didn't say a word to him...I just made sure to never ever take my car to him, after he demonstrated his knowledge to me...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 02:08 AM
Only thing the contour has in come with mazda is a shared ATX (used in some proteges, probes, and 626s). Give me that dealer's email and I'll send him a nice message.
Posted By: sigma Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 02:23 AM

From the Auction Description:
Quote:

It is a Mazda car without the Mazda price.

Aside from the obvious stupidity of the quote, what exactly is a "Mazda car without the Mazda price"?

I won't deny Mazda know makes some damn fine cars, but I wouldn't exactly call them expensive.

A Contour retailed for about the same price as a Protege does now, which is a relatively comparable car. An SVT retailed for slightly less than the comparable Mazda 6s does now, but figure in inflation over the past 3-5 years, and it comes out about the same.

And I didn't know 'Tours had rear-window wipers...
Posted By: tastethefury Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 03:41 AM
I sent the seller an e-mail that said
"Why are you so stupid?"
Posted By: miller542 Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 04:39 AM
common now everyone, let's remember that dealers are in the business of selling. Sure, it would make for an easier sale if the actually knew something about their product, but time and time again salesmen have proven that they don't. Their game is "the deal" The real shame is the consumer who doesn't know any better and believes their crap.

[steps off soap box]
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 05:00 AM
I sent a nice email, Im bored
Posted By: rouar Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 05:10 AM
/is contemplating walking over to the house and giving a lesson on Contour history

Where does it mention that they're a dealer as you state? It just looks like one of the five zillion triple-decker houses in this city.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 07:37 AM

The sales woman said

"I believe you are mistaken. Mazda made Probes and Contours. Come check it out if your near by. All the parts and motor are by Mazda. Thank you for your inquiry though. Samantha"
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 08:17 AM
Originally posted by 2000GreenTour:
The sales woman said

"I believe you are mistaken. Mazda made Probes and Contours. Come check it out if your near by. All the parts and motor are by Mazda. Thank you for your inquiry though. Samantha"

you gotta be kidding me..... my zetec has a sticker on the side saying it was made by ford in mexico on 11/95.

and yeah, rear window wiper???? i want one!
Posted By: White99SE Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 03:22 PM
Quote:

Very sorry about my misinformation. I only put in the ad what I was told. Again, my apologies for the wrong description.

You guys must have set her straight!
Posted By: sigma Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 03:32 PM
Haha... She sent me a mail this morning

Quote:

o sorry to have offended you. I only put in tha ad what I was told. I, personally, don't know a thing about cars. I fixed the ad, okay?

Posted By: sigma Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 03:34 PM
Oh, wait, she just sent me another one:

Quote:

I was told that the ignition key is Mazda's, or is this information wrong as well?

A Mazda ignition key?

I assume she means the key has a Mazda insignia on it. But that doesn't mean anything, I can get a key with a Chevrolet emblem on it if I want.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 04:37 PM
Maybe Mazda should invest some of the money they spend on "zoom-zoom" ads and invest it in some education of their sales people Also take some more of the money and put into the RX-8 so it puts out the advertised hp, hows that for an
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 08:16 PM
Originally posted by sigma:
Oh, wait, she just sent me another one:

Quote:

I was told that the ignition key is Mazda's, or is this information wrong as well?

A Mazda ignition key?

I assume she means the key has a Mazda insignia on it. But that doesn't mean anything, I can get a key with a Chevrolet emblem on it if I want.

Perhaps she was referring to the PATS system? I'm not knowledgable enough to know whether that was Ford's or Mazda's design, though.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 09:38 PM
"Mazda should...invest it in some education of their sales people"

The Ebay ad never says it's a Mazda Dealer.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 09:49 PM
I emailed her and she emailed me back saying she fixed it. I also told her other than the tranny, name one major part shared with a mazda. She said the ignition key (not exactly a major part), but mine is a ford key, so... i corrected her again on that point. Women.....
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/04/03 09:51 PM
Uh, oh.

(runs from impending flames)
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: "Mazda Made Contours" - dealer - 11/05/03 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
I emailed her and she emailed me back saying she fixed it. I also told her other than the tranny, name one major part shared with a mazda. She said the ignition key (not exactly a major part), but mine is a ford key, so... i corrected her again on that point. Women.....

I have found that sales men are dumber, since they took the sales job as a last resort.
© CEG Archives