Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
there is a dealership in indiana that has the internet price on a 2003 oxford white mustang gt convertable premium with the mach 1000 system for $4,200 the reg price is $30,199 they messed up bad and my lawyer said they have to honor that price. so we will see, may have a 2003 stang for almost nothing.
I doubt you will get it.

If you do, I will give you 5k for it!
hahahaha 5k the kelly blue book all the way up to 2,500 miles is $21,500 i would fly there buy the car then turn around to another of thier local ford dealers and sell it for $18,000 easy and make $13,000. i belive i will get it i spoke with my attorney and he is researching it now for me and looking at interstate laws.
Most companies do have to honor their typos. A while back Bset Buy advetised the (then brand new) GeForce4 Ti4600 for like $199 in a preorder special when everyone else was selling the card for $400. Thousands of people preordered the cards online and the stores were forced to hand out $400 video cards for like $215 after tax. Obviouslt car and computer parts are different, but I would say you have a good chance getting it.
Actually, I think Best Buy threatened to sue those people for fraud. Does not make sense but don't ask me why.

I mean I hope you get it but I think there is very little chance.
we will see very soon, if i do get it damn the mods will be flowing in on the csvt. i would imediatly sell the stang and start by shaving my door handles,custom paint,3l engine swap,turbo,nos,springs,&struts,rims,interior,everything completely custom, damn my dream may come true,we will see.
Your Lawyer is an idiot and you are dumb to think you are getting that car for $4,500 It doesn't matter if its the dealers fault or the publisher of the ad, they don't have to honor that. Some peope!!!(and some peoples lawyers)!!!!
shhhhhhhhhhesh
P.S. Give the $4,500 to your lawyer so he can go back to school
You've got a good chance at this going through for you especially if you've got that price in writing. About two years ago I knew a girl who went in to buy a used saturn and signed all the papers and they messed up on the price on the quotes that she had signed. Well, the next thing they did was tell her that they messed up and that was the wrong $$$$$ that she got quoted. She told her father they went down there together and threatened to take them to court and blah blah blah...... After that they decided to just give it to her at that price and eat the diff. rather than spend money on lawyers and end up losing anyway, so she got the car for like eight or nine grand less than the list price.
So the outcome looks good for you especially if your lawyer gets involved........ Why can't I have your luck
ok moron, who the h*** are you coming in here bashing someone you dont even know, you poser. i have researched it and everything so far points to them having to live up to the add. the law even states that an internet add is legaly binding as long as that specific car with the same stock number is still avalible. so before you start calling people names check yourself a hole....
hey manch-vegasvt thank i did print everything on the car off and am bringing it to my lawyers office in the morning for his review. i meen i dont know if its going to happen or not but damn imagine getting a 2003 gt stang conv. with 0 miles on it for $4,200.
Well put, I work at a huge car lot and they are very anal with the salesmen to keep this from ever happening....
Are you and your lawyer absolutely sure there were no disclaimers on the site anywhere that claim that they are not responsible for typos and will not honor typographical errors? Before you get your hopes up, I would check this out. Many sites that sell vehicles online have such disclaimers. Often the salespeople are not the ones updating the website...
exactly, i work for a large finance company and i have to generate alot of letters via our systems and i have to re-check all $ amounts before sending the letter cause if its wrong we have to honor it and a guy here got fired a year ago cause the ladys ballance was like 4,000 and he entered 400 and she paid 400 and got an attorney and she won. it was the first case in 30 years we lost.
Originally posted by Manch-VegasSVT:
You've got a good chance at this going through for you especially if you've got that price in writing. About two years ago I knew a girl who went in to buy a used saturn and signed all the papers and they messed up on the price on the quotes that she had signed. Well, the next thing they did was tell her that they messed up and that was the wrong $$$$$ that she got quoted. She told her father they went down there together and threatened to take them to court and blah blah blah...... After that they decided to just give it to her at that price and eat the diff. rather than spend money on lawyers and end up losing anyway, so she got the car for like eight or nine grand less than the list price.
So the outcome looks good for you especially if your lawyer gets involved........ Why can't I have your luck

Not to rain on anyone's parade but the above is a far cry from a typo in an ad, they actually signed papers with the wrong price so that makes it a LOT easier for the buyer to dispute. I doubt you'll get it 'cause I'm sure they've got some disclaimer somewhere to fight it but stranger things have happened. Good luck.
no there isnt, trust me i searched every nook and crany of that site for 2 hours today for a disclamer and was none to be found even my lawyer searched it and didnt find anytning. there is even a link to the webmasters site (a seperate company contracted out by ford) and they didnt have a disclamer either)

Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
ok moron, who the h*** are you coming in here bashing someone you dont even know, you poser. i have researched it and everything so far points to them having to live up to the add. the law even states that an internet add is legaly binding as long as that specific car with the same stock number is still avalible. so before you start calling people names check yourself a hole....

Gee, did I rain on your money parade? You are just so smart, I dont understand why you dont already have millions of dollars and own many dealerships of your own. Somebody in here is about to throw a temper tantrum because he isn't getting an almost free car like he thinks he is..ahhhh poooor baby LOL.
I may be crashing the party here, but....if you do go through with this (even the slight chance that this can happen), won't it feel wrong. Maybe I'm a little different than you guys, but I don't see the morality in this. I thought CEG'ers had a better head than that, but I guess I was wrong. It might be a little different if you were in the market for one and you actually wanted the car....but it seems like you are doing this purely as a sell for profit deal as a major loss for the dealership just because they made a simple mistake. Oh well, if you see nothing wrong, carry on....
Well, good luck on this I guess. In a way I'm with Johnny about the morality of it all, but welcome to America i guess.
Did you post on here to brag or get other peoples opinions? I gave you my opinion and if you don't like it, thats just too bad. I guess since I called you dumb, which I still believe is true, that validates you calling me many other choice names huh? More power to ya dude! I hope you are successful in finding many other people to rip off or sue. Goodluck!
Originally posted by BURNTU2:
Your Lawyer is an idiot and you are dumb to think you are getting that car for $4,500

If the dealer is hip to you why would they not just unload it to some other person for a good price and then just say then don't have it anymore?

Do you somehow have a deposit on it or something?

Originally posted by freakshow:
Originally posted by Manch-VegasSVT:

Not to rain on anyone's parade but the above is a far cry from a typo in an ad, they actually signed papers with the wrong price so that makes it a LOT easier for the buyer to dispute. I doubt you'll get it 'cause I'm sure they've got some disclaimer somewhere to fight it but stranger things have happened. Good luck.

See, even Freakshow is smarter than you. He is 65% stupid and 38% retarded, but he still has more common sense than you. You are wasting your time man.
If you made an honest mistake, would you want someone to ream you for $$25k + ? What goes around comes around. Don't do it, even if you can.
Originally posted by todras:
Your Lawyer is an idiot and you are dumb to think you are getting that car for $4,500

I'm laying 10 to 1 odds that this "lawyer" advertises in that free little coupon newspaper thingie they rubberband to your front door knob every Tuesday...

I just don't see this happening. You never put any money down on it, you signed NOTHING that would create a contract with that dealership...
Originally posted by MotorCity:
If the dealer is hip to you why would they not just unload it to some other person for a good price and then just say then don't have it anymore?

That's what's gunna happen, since there are no papers signed on it.

He said it himself:

Quote:

the law even states that an internet add is legaly binding as long as that specific car with the same stock number is still avalible. so before you start calling people names check yourself a hole....

First mention of the price to the dealer, and that car is suddenly sold, or wrecked in a test drive, or returned to Ford - no longer available. You ain't getting that car for $5000.
There's an offer in error (dealer advertising the price as a typo). There's no acceptance of the offer, no consideration, and no enforceable contract.

That means no car for $4500 and your lawyer is a frigging idiot.
Posted By: BOFH Re: i may have a 2003 gt conv.stang for $4,200 - 10/31/03 04:21 AM
Doesn't their website have a "buy it now" button.

Give me the URL and I'll put in my MasterCard number

You ain't getting a new Mustang for $5K, not even a V6 model.

TB
Seems hard for me to believe, but i say go for it!

If it were me, i would keep the mustang. I've always wanted a convertible...v8 too, not too shabby...
Originally posted by bentleywarren:
If you made an honest mistake, would you want someone to ream you for $$25k + ? What goes around comes around. Don't do it, even if you can.

Yeah dude, higher your standards! You should have just been the good samaritan to bring the typo to their attention, and then maybe ask for a better deal on it if you REALLY, REALLY wanted the car. Have some class and respect for others who are just human too, like you. Tell me you never make any mistakes? What goes around DOES eventually come around. I know this. You may think your getting a good deal now (if it were to even go through), but it will someday come back on you. But I hope you enjoy the feeling of catching them on a technicality so you can get something for nothing. Our people are definitely starting to go down the tubes in the US. And that's what our brave troops are going out and risking their hides to defend! So we can all live here in piece, driving our gas-hog SUVs, eating fast food all day so we can be the fattest population in the world, and steal things that aren't ours nor did we have to work honestly for. The eye upstairs is watching to see what you will do

PS- what if you found out later that somebody who really loved their job, and has a happy family to support, gets fired as a result of this little mistake (guy who wrote the ad in the page)??? HOw would you like that feeling? Just because he put the decimal in the wrong spot
Posted By: sigma Re: i may have a 2003 gt conv.stang for $4,200 - 10/31/03 07:26 AM
Sorry buddy. Tell your lawyer to go take some Business Law courses.

An advertisement at a price is NOT a contract, and not legally binding. When you make the offer to buy at the price shown and then they except, then, and only then does it become an enforceable contract.

Needless to say when you go to the salesperson now and say "Hey, I'll take you up on your offer for a $4,200 Mustang" he will not accept your offer and it will not be legally binding.
Originally posted by sigma:

An advertisement at a price is NOT a contract, and not legally binding. When you make the offer to buy at the price shown and then they except, then, and only then does it become an enforceable contract.

Needless to say when you go to the salesperson now and say "Hey, I'll take you up on your offer for a $4,200 Mustang" he will not accept your offer and it will not be legally binding.

As previously mentioned

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Yeah, I personally hope you can get the car. I am a hardcore mustang fan and getting one for cheap is a dream come true. But then again, think about what people have said. If you get lucky enough to get the car for cheap like that, you could be costing someone their job, and what if they have kids to support. Automobile companies rip people off, but you would be hurting more than just the company. Good luck with whatever happens, and sorry to see you getting hammered by fellow CEGers so much. They should really lay off a little.
Peace.
IIRC, there's a law which states "obviously incorrect" figures are not binding, regardless of whether there's any fine print. I'm sure there are precedents.
I agree, if this could happen, you'd hear about htese great deals all the time. Do you know how many times I have seen obvious typos in the paper, or on autotrader? Quite a few. Ask your lawyer to look up something about obvious mistakes. I talked to one of the law students here at school, and she said that she believes there is such a clause. Then again, she's just a student.
I do think it's odd to just sell it for the money though. I for some crazy reason, you do get it, keep it!!! Drive it around and beat the hell out of it. Use it as a winter ride. It's a nice car, and you would be getting the deal of a lifetime, so why not keep it and enjoy your good luck? Besides, you said you'd use the money to put into the CSVT, but the Stang is faster... I guess I just don't follow your logic.
i posted it here to get opinions but when you start by calling someone dumb, ya know you could use a little tact dont ya think. and the thing about the morality is true i will give you all that but think if you were in my shoes. these car dealers rip people off everyday, its payback time, i am married with 2 kids so i never get anything for myself, thats why i am going through with this.....
go for it

I am thinking about going to Burger King to buy some coffee and then spill it on my self burning myself so that I can sue them for a million dollars because they made the coffee too hot!!

I think I will win for someone already did in a similar suit with Mcdonalds!!
Originally posted by sigma:

As previously mentioned

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

they wont make that mistake 2 x now there is a "disclamer" on every cup stating warning beverage may be hott. so they wont get sued again.
here is the add

Ext. Color: OXFORD WHITE CLEARCOAT
STOCK #: 3F409089
MSRP: $30,690
Internet Price: $4,200
VIN: 1FAFP45X03F409089

Installed Options
180A PREMIUM SERIES ORDER CODE 44U 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION W/OD
47B CONVERTIBLE SOFT TOP BOOT 99X 4.6L SOHC 260-HP 16-VALVE SMPI V8 ENGINE
G LEATHER RECLINING FRONT SPORT BUCKET SEATS
Standard Features
Fog lamps
Tinted glass

Dual note horn
(2) pwr points

15.7 gallon fuel tank
All-speed traction control

4-wheel anti-lock braking system
Child seat tether anchor brackets

Color-keyed pwr mirrors (RH convex)
Stainless steel dual exhaust system

Variable intermittent windshield wipers
Dual illuminated covered visor vanity mirrors

City 18/hwy 24 (4.6L engine/4-speed auto trans)
TLEV certified (4.6L engine/4-speed auto trans)

In-trunk safety release w/glow-in-the-dark handle
City 18/hwy 26 (4.6L engine/5-speed manual trans)

TLEV certified (4.6L engine/5-speed manual trans)
Light group-inc: dome lamps integral w/mirror, front door courtesy switches,
Quote:

I am thinking about going to Burger King to buy some coffee and then spill it on my self burning myself so that I can sue them for a million dollars because they made the coffee too hot!!

I think I will win for someone already did in a similar suit with Mcdonalds!!

LMAO!
RyanblackSVT, your whole outlook on this is rather disturbing. Is this what America has turned into? Nevermind, that was a dumb question. Of course it is.
i posted it here to get opinions but when you start by calling someone dumb, ya know you could use a little tact dont ya think. and the thing about the morality is true i will give you all that but think if you were in my shoes. these car dealers rip people off everyday, its payback time, i am married with 2 kids so i never get anything for myself, thats why i am going through with this.....

You must have gotten an early start on the marrage and kid department because I wouldn't have guessed you to be over 16 years old by the way you carry yourself and you amazingly high level of education. Oh and how many forums are you going to post this on? My advise to you go back to school and edumicate yourself and find a new lawyer.
Quote:

marrage

Durr what's that? My edumications not up to par.
All right, this post has gotton off target. Let him do what he wants, since that's most likely what's going to happen anyways. If he gets it fine, but if he doesn't, good. This post is exhausted...
yeah, big deal if he tries for it.

whats the worst that can happen?

I don't get the "morality issues" though...its just a damn car.

What if you throw a piece of food in the trash and that one piece you threw away could have been used to feed a dying child in Africa but since he never got it he died?
You're thinkin that through waaaaaay too much.

If he gets it, he gets it...if he doesn't, then he doesn't...the dealership will probably find some way around it anyway.
Posted By: sigma Re: i may have a 2003 gt conv.stang for $4,200 - 11/01/03 08:42 PM
Quote:

I don't get the "morality issues" though...its just a damn car.

The "morality" issue is taking advantage of this knowing that it's a mistake. It's not the 'damn car' that is the issue, it's the poor guy who will probably get fired because of this -- a stupid mistake that got blown way out of proportion.

He can't and won't get the car, no matter what his "lawyer" says. I don't know how many times people have already explained contract law in here, including myself. But he can get the guy fired because he decided to act like an ass and threaten to litigate.

So not only will he not get the car (and I guarantee you he won't), but he threatens a guy's job trying to do so.
well my attorney and i spoke with the dealership this morning and by law they would have had to sell it and of course all of you are going to laugh but they sold it saturday morning. they even faxed papers proving they sold it to us. they said that a sister company had the same thing happen to them a few years back and they had to sell a brand new car for $20,000 under msrp, so to all of you out there that said me and my attorney were morons were wrong, i was right and cold have gotten the car but was a day late and a dollar short. but its all good cause when i am doubting someone else the same thing could have happened, but atleast i wouldnt have bashed them......
Believe it when I see it.
well my attorney and i spoke with the dealership this morning and by law they would have had to sell it and of course all of you are going to laugh but they sold it saturday morning.

How convenient.
When/where are dealerships open on Sat.? I'm moving there.

Actually some Ford dealers are open on Saturdays now in the area. I think the dealers association has finally lost its grip. They never wanted people to be able to shop around so they limited the times when the dealerships were open.

Anyhow, even if they had the car they would probably have just transferred it to a new dealer or sold it to a family member or friend before they took a $20,000 loss.
so to all of you out there that said me and my attorney were morons were wrong, i was right and cold have gotten the car but was a day late and a dollar short.

I thought you and your lawyer were all over this... it was open-and-shut. OF COURSE the dealership told you they sold it!!!!! They're not gonna sell you that car for $4200 without any kind of contract. They told you they sold it so you and boy-wonder lawyer would stop bothering them with your ridiculousness. Somehow I picture this legal eagle with a clip-on tie and a Trapper Keeper full of his legal documents.

I don't buy a single word of this "oh, they would have had to sell it to us for that price" garbage. THERE WAS NEVER ANY CONTRACT!!!!! Why is that so hard for you to understand? Anyone with half a semester of business law could tell you that.
Originally posted by MotorCity:

Actually some Ford dealers are open on Saturdays now in the area. I think the dealers association has finally lost its grip. They never wanted people to be able to shop around so they limited the times when the dealerships were open.

Anyhow, even if they had the car they would probably have just transferred it to a new dealer or sold it to a family member or friend before they took a $20,000 loss.

Almost all dealerships around here are open on Saturday!

-Andy
Damn! Must be nice! Not here!
every dealership here in georgia are opened on saturdays. thats the buisiest day to sell cars. they arent open on sat where you are??? damn that sucks.
see by not even knowing me or what i am about you wanna come on here and bash me like some b*tch, you are probly the type that has gotten screwed over by everyone cause your a piece or crap. i come on here onto these forums cause i thought there was a good bunch of people on here but it seems to be like most of them now days if they dont belive something or disagree with something they wanna bash someone. sounds like your momma never tought you any manners, let anole any tact. why dont you take a look in the mirror before you wanna talk trash about anyone else.
sounds like your momma never tought you any manners, let anole any tact. why dont you take a look in the mirror before you wanna talk trash about anyone else.

Yea but she did teach us the english language. Grammar rules!
that wasnt towards you todras, that was for 00svt.
Originally posted by 00SVT:
so to all of you out there that said me and my attorney were morons were wrong, i was right and cold have gotten the car but was a day late and a dollar short.

I don't buy a single word of this "oh, they would have had to sell it to us for that price" garbage. THERE WAS NEVER ANY CONTRACT!!!!! Why is that so hard for you to understand? Anyone with half a semester of business law could tell you that.

I agree! Duhhhhhhh!
sounds like your momma never tought you any manners, let anole any tact. why dont you take a look in the mirror before you wanna talk trash about anyone else.

Yea but she did teach us the english language. Grammar rules!

Maybe his lawyer also teaches english...He could get a two for one deal.
guess you are a punk as well there burntu2, i wouldnt say that if you could have refrained from the "duhhhhhh"

I agree! Duhhhhhhh!

hey burnt maybe i will get yo momma to teach me.
see by not even knowing me or what i am about you wanna come on here and bash me like some b*tch, you are probly the type that has gotten screwed over by everyone cause your a piece or crap. i come on here onto these forums cause i thought there was a good bunch of people on here but it seems to be like most of them now days if they dont belive something or disagree with something they wanna bash someone. sounds like your momma never tought you any manners, let anole any tact. why dont you take a look in the mirror before you wanna talk trash about anyone else.

Where to start with you??? First off, you came on here strutting around like a half-assed pimp about how you were getting this car 'cause you were so crafty and caught the dealership's mistake and you and your lawyer were gonna have a field day. Some people here attempted to correct you by giving very detailed, factual explanations of why, legally, you weren't going to get it. You proceeded to get all bent out of shape 'cause it wasn't what you wanted to hear. This has nothing to do with "a good bunch of people on here..." It has everything to do with people telling you straight-up that it wasn't gonna happen, no matter what your lawyer said.

I don't need to know you or what you're about to know that you are a big crybaby with no grammatical skills who thought he was gonna get something for next to nothing. My mother taught me plenty of manners. She also taught me how to smell a BS story a mile away, and she also taught me not to fall for any "woe is me" sob stories from clowns on the internet. And I can see my reflection in the monitor as I type this out, and I proceeded to talk trash to you.

Get over it. Or call your lawyer and sue me for being mean to you. I'll bet he tells you that you've got an open-and-shut case with that, too.
Quote:

Rule 6: This is the internet -- don't be a wuss and get all bent out of shape if someone else doesn't agree with you. This is how flame wars start.

Rule 7: If you have a problem with someone on the forums, please do not air it publicly. Take it off line via email, PM.s (personal message) or IM.

Rule 8: Do not start or continue personal flaming. Posters initiating flaming will be met harshly, you have been warned.

Let's all grow up and act at least SOMEWHAT civilized and mature huh?

EDIT: Ya know what? Nevermind this is sorta entertaining in a way. Sue for being mean...lmfao
hehehehehehe you are too funny. i never cam on here to sit there and act like as you call it a pimp. and when someone gave advise i took it as long as it didnt come with a smart a*s remark. the internet laws are different in every state many laws of that nature are thats why i spoke with my lawyer about it before acting like some jerk and calling the dealership first. i wanted to have all my ducks in a row first. see the main problem here is that you cant give your opinion without trying to cut someone down in the process, there is something called tact. you can give your opinion without making rude remarks. and trust me i am far from a crybabby, if i was wrong i would have posted on here that i was mistaken and thats that, but i saw his lawbook and his notes that proved what he told me. so maybe next time instead of stating your opinion and following it with rude comments or cut downs just leave those out, people like you should be kicked off this site. be civil about things......

Where to start with you??? First off, you came on here strutting around like a half-assed pimp about how you were getting this car 'cause you were so crafty and caught the dealership's mistake and you and your lawyer were gonna have a field day. Some people here attempted to correct you by giving very detailed, factual explanations of why, legally, you weren't going to get it. You proceeded to get all bent out of shape 'cause it wasn't what you wanted to hear. This has nothing to do with "a good bunch of people on here..." It has everything to do with people telling you straight-up that it wasn't gonna happen, no matter what your lawyer said.

I don't need to know you or what you're about to know that you are a big crybaby with no grammatical skills who thought he was gonna get something for next to nothing. My mother taught me plenty of manners. She also taught me how to smell a BS story a mile away, and she also taught me not to fall for any "woe is me" sob stories from clowns on the internet. And I can see my reflection in the monitor as I type this out, and I proceeded to talk trash to you.

Get over it. Or call your lawyer and sue me for being mean to you. I'll bet he tells you that you've got an open-and-shut case with that, too.

Dealerships that are closed on weekends are pretty much limited to MI and parts of the midwest. Way back when, dealerships in the region banded together and passed a statute that prohibits them from being open on weekends. Almost everywhere else, dealerships are open on Saturdays, and about 50% are open on Sundays too.
be civil about things......

you're the one getting all bent out of shape.
so maybe next time instead of stating your opinion and following it with rude comments or cut downs just leave those out, people like you should be kicked off this site. be civil about things......

Well, it's funny that you have such an aversion to these so-called "rude comments" seeing as how about 2 hours ago you made some lame "Momma" joke toward someone else. I still think you got all bent out of shape because you didn't get 3 pages of attaboys and "stick it to that stealership" like you thought you would. A couple of people called you out and you got all defensive. If that isn't a crybaby, I don't know what one is.

Maybe you could talk to your lawyer and see if he can get me kicked off of this site. God forbid somebody say something that might upset you...
He ain't getting the car, case, and thread, closed.
© CEG Archives