Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: zzzcool Where is the OBD plug in 95Contour? - 10/20/03 03:23 PM
where it is located

95 contour v6
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Where is the OBD plug in 95Contour? - 10/20/03 03:25 PM
In the engine compartment on the firewall I think. You can just jump it and count the code flashes.
Its located by the drivers side wheel well at the top. It's clipped in closer to the side panel...well mine was anyway.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Where is the OBD plug in 95Contour? - 10/20/03 04:28 PM
under the hood, on the fender, behind the strut tower. the two plugs are in a plastic clip that is attached to the fender
Posted By: hmouta_dup1 Re: Where is the OBD plug in 95Contour? - 10/21/03 05:39 AM
how about in the post 98s specifically the svt
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Where is the OBD plug in 95Contour? - 10/21/03 11:39 AM
The OBD 2 plug (96 and newer vehicles) is located under the driver's side dash, near the fuse box but closer to the driver.
Posted By: zzzcool Re: Where is the OBD plug in 95Contour? - 10/21/03 01:21 PM
Thank for the help I found it .could someone tell the proper way to read code with a voltmeter also the jumper cable has two wires in it(two holes), which wire do I use?
Go Here:

http://www.troublecodes.net/Ford/

Or search around the forums. You'll find plenty of info on this.

Also, as recommended on this site, I found that a giant paper clip works as a great jumper wire.

And, you don't actually need the voltmeter as the CEL in your car will flash the codes with the jumper wire in place.
© CEG Archives