Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 2deep2_dup1 Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/27/03 04:05 AM
Whose car on page 98 of Car Sound & Performance, Sept/Oct 2003 edition. Picture of a silver CSVT with blue flames (looked like Judge's Car reincarnated) at the NHRA Style Fest in Las Vegas, NV.

They called it a NEON.

Need to call Car Sound and straighten them out.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/27/03 09:10 PM
must be this one

Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/27/03 09:27 PM
yeah its pretty cool, but the rims are too much as is the interior...
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/27/03 09:29 PM
Other than the wheels, that car is awesome.
I really like what they did to the dash.
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/27/03 09:32 PM
the steering wheel is ok, but i really dont think they should have filled in the dash, thats much needed storage space in my car!
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/27/03 09:46 PM
It's not really a SVT is it?
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/27/03 10:04 PM
no. its an SE, the engine would say SVT all over it.
Posted By: NewPowerRadio Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/27/03 10:32 PM
Sweeeet!
Posted By: Jason43 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/27/03 10:55 PM
Its not mine, thank God.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/27/03 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Zippy_Zetec:

Not if you removed it to chrome the UIM.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/27/03 11:11 PM
It does have SVT gauges.....
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 12:49 AM
so do a lot of non-SVT contours...
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 12:51 AM
i just noticed something...no a/c vents... ...that wont fly in texas...gotta have a/c
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 04:27 AM
Hmmmmm the side skirts don't have the little jack squares. Those aren't the Razzi sides are they?
Posted By: DrGonzo_dup1 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 04:28 AM
i just noticed something...no a/c vents... ...that wont fly in texas...gotta have a/c

Yeah, I saw that, too. And no defogger vents, either. All show, no go? Must just be used in shows...
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 04:49 AM

lol you puss I bought my car in Amarillo w/o a/c and i managed and my car was parked in the sun 24/7 with no tint. People think its bad but its not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 04:53 AM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
Hmmmmm the side skirts don't have the little jack squares. Those aren't the Razzi sides are they?

He could of had it smoothedout like he did with the handles, wipers, and anythign else.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 04:56 AM
I don't have a/c either and I'm in south georgia. Really it's not bad at all. It takes like a day to get used to it.
Posted By: StealthWyvern Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 05:05 AM
it took me a lot longer to get used to the humidity change from tx to jaxs fl.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 05:10 AM
Yeah, humidity sucks. I would love some dry heat,,, but that's not gonna happen in georgia.
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 07:40 AM
it would be stupid to put SVT gauges in a non SVT as the mph and rpm would not read correctly.
Posted By: mavrock_dup1 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 01:44 PM
Jebuz, those wheels belong on an Escalade!! Hideous!!
Posted By: 00ContourSE_dup1 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 02:53 PM
Look closely at where the svt plaque should be. It looks as if the badge may have been removed or photochopped out. The only other thing that screams "SE" to me is that the grille has the slats going across it instead of the honeycomb. Why would anyone do that to an SVT?
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 03:03 PM
SVT's KKM intake usually connect into the fenderwell, unless this person purposely purchased the SE one.

Posted By: SlowNfurious Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 03:39 PM
that UIM looks nice, thats about it
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 04:33 PM
true. and somebody a while back posted that they had put SVT gauges in an SE sport (i was browsing as a guest at the time)...these things can be calibrated.
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 04:34 PM
Originally posted by DrGonzo:

Yeah, I saw that, too. And no defogger vents, either. All show, no go? Must just be used in shows...

also no windshield wipers
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 04:35 PM
Originally posted by todras:

Not if you removed it to chrome the UIM.

i thought the badge was embossed into the UIM...i could be wrong...
Posted By: rouar Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 04:38 PM
Originally posted by 00ContourSE:
The only other thing that screams "SE" to me is that the grille has the slats going across it instead of the honeycomb. Why would anyone do that to an SVT?

I don't like the SVT honeycomb myself. The SE/LX/GL(98) grille flows a lot more smoothly with the car. When I get an SVT the first thing to go will be the stock grille, hopefully with ElKy mesh in its place.
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 05:55 PM
Originally posted by 98 SE:
The only other thing that screams "SE" to me is that the grille has the slats going across it instead of the honeycomb. Why would anyone do that to an SVT?

I don't like the SVT honeycomb myself. The SE/LX/GL(98) grille flows a lot more smoothly with the car. When I get an SVT the first thing to go will be the stock grille, hopefully with ElKy mesh in its place.

just dont do what this person did, or someone here will castrate you!
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 07:44 PM
the SVT plaque just sticks on the UIM. The gauges can be calibrated but that would cost some money, not that this person does not have money by the looks of the car, but I would assume they would get custom made gauges for the money they would spend to calibrate stock SVTs. Oh well, not my car. It is pretty hideous, but I do kind of like the dash. Not on a daily driver of course.
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 07:49 PM
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
the SVT plaque just sticks on the UIM.

ok well ya learn something new everyday.
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 07:51 PM
if it is an SVT, he purposely erased all evidence that it is, except for the gauges. does anybody have a pic of the rear of the car?
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 07:54 PM
the SVT plaque just sticks on the UIM. The gauges can be calibrated but that would cost some money, not that this person does not have money by the looks of the car, but I would assume they would get custom made gauges for the money they would spend to calibrate stock SVTs. Oh well, not my car. It is pretty hideous, but I do kind of like the dash. Not on a daily driver of course.

o and it wasnt a change over of the complete gauge...just the faces.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Whose Car in CSP mag *DELETED* - 09/28/03 07:54 PM
Post deleted by FLCEGkid
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 07:54 PM

o and it wasnt a change over of the complete gauge...just the faces. actually i believe it was hector.
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 07:55 PM
post deleted by Zeppy_Zetec
Posted By: Dtagon Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 10:21 PM
The paint job is awesome, but the car is ruined by the hideous rims. I cannot believe someone saw those and I thought "wow these are hot, let's buy them." How typical.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/28/03 11:40 PM
good show car, needs a splitter

definitely an SE
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/29/03 12:26 AM
gotta give him respect for the amount of time and money into it.
Posted By: DeanJoyce.com_dup1 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/29/03 12:31 AM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:

i highly doubt those are the razzi's. they're identical to the oem svt skirts and i dunno if its just me, but in that 1 sideshot i think i see where the rear jack notch is because it looks lighter even tho they're molded smoothe. maybe its just my brain putting something there because of knowing what they usually look like. but i think i see a bad touchup job on that rear notch.
Posted By: 2deep2_dup1 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/29/03 03:27 AM
Well that's the car. Looks nice except for the wheels.

Does what a show car is to do, attract attention unto itself.
Posted By: 2&1/2 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/29/03 11:18 AM
Front grille work looks pretty good, other than that ummm it's......well the car......nevermind.
Posted By: 2deep2_dup1 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/30/03 05:21 AM
Well I spoke with Rob Hephner, Editorial Director of CarSound & Performance and personal friend and he noted it not called a Neon (My bad, need my glasses or something).

In that he has been in my SVT and has several Pictures of it, including one in the same edition of the mag, he should know an SVT from modified SE. He thinks it's one wicked SVT.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/30/03 02:12 PM
Gave me a idea for a dash. I was thinking about something like that already. Now i have something to run with.
Posted By: arble Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/30/03 03:30 PM
also no windshield wipers

but it still has the wiper stalk on the steering column. I'd be more concerned about how I got in, seeing as it seems to have had its door handles decontented....
Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 09/30/03 03:40 PM
thats easy, hydraulics on the doors. keyless ENTRY lol. not keyless door unlocking . the other thing they could do os reroute the door handles to a button on the bottom of the car (like in "Gone in 60 Seconds").
Posted By: Ian in Pittsburgh Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/02/03 12:56 AM
Aren't those SE Sport seats? Also, I wonder if he'll have issues with dashboard separation? :-).

Posted By: luvinmycontour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/02/03 01:08 AM
looks to be, i like the SVT seats, if this was an SVT, the erased all signs that ir ever was, and that sux cuz svt's kick ass.
Posted By: h_town_contour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/02/03 04:36 AM
Originally posted by 98 SE:

Actually thats a billet grille not an SE, and he has the lower billet grille in the bumper too, you can get thoses made for any kind of car.

I personally love that car, he has put a lot of money into it and i think it looks great.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/02/03 08:04 PM
A lot of you are hating on his car, but then you go and love Dean Joyce's car. I dont get it, this car is more original and had much more work put into it than DJ's. I personally think this car is f*ckin incredible, and it sets the mark for you guys to upstage him. Obviously it a show-car. Who cares if theres no wipers, I would take them off if I had that car too, because I would never let it see rain in the first place.
Posted By: h_town_contour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/03/03 02:25 AM
Im with you lithium, that is one awsome car, I wish I had the time and money to do that to mine!
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/03/03 02:40 AM
i don't like show cars like his/hers and DJ's at all. I give them respect for putting time and money into it(sometimes), but it's not my cup of tea.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/03/03 02:44 AM
Dean Joyce's car looks better, has more custom body work, and actually has some class,,,, that car looks like is was made straight to win shows (not ones i'm judging though) and not even be something for the owner.
Posted By: maxx_power76 Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/03/03 02:47 AM
I like it. However I would get different rims. I don't think I would have airbrushed the dash either. I guess that's one way to fix the dash warping problem.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/03/03 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Dean Joyce's car looks better, has more custom body work, and actually has some class,,,, that car looks like is was made straight to win shows (not ones i'm judging though) and not even be something for the owner.

This car has all custom interior. You should look closely to all the details he really put into it. I wish there were more pics of the inside to look at. DJ's car really has less custom work on it. He has a custom trunk, glitter green paint job, shaved door handles, body kit, enormo-wing (with class?), light cover-up, and some leds. This guy is COMPLETELY custom on the inside. The outside could use a little work, yes he could use better rims, yes he could use milan's headlights, and yes he could use shaved door handles, etc. But damn, this car is sexy in my book.

Now compare audio systems.

Custom?

Custom!!!

Oh yeah, I hope I didnt offend DJ in anyway, I like your car alot too. I just needed to base the most aesthetically modded contique thus-far with this one which I think is now the most aesthetically modded contique.

But thats just my opinion.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/03/03 03:45 AM
I take it you don't know what body work is? And I'd take dean's system over that guy's and I bet dean's airbags are a better setup as well. And plus dean is really cool.
Posted By: h_town_contour Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/03/03 03:50 AM
umm... this guy does have shaved door handles
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/03/03 03:53 AM
Dean has those, a custom front end, etc.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/03/03 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
I take it you don't know what body work is? And I'd take dean's system over that guy's and I bet dean's airbags are a better setup as well. And plus dean is really cool.

They are both show cars. You dont need airbags. Yeah I understand body work, but how much work have you done with fiberglass? A completely custom interior vs. a custom trunk lid?

Then again im argueing with a guy who has a yellow grill and yellow windsheild wipers. lol im sorry
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/03/03 04:01 AM
ummm buddy, I'm not talking just about the fiberglass (which I may be getting some of my interior done this summer by a friend). I guess you didn't notice this, but dean has a custom front end. His car is a mystique and that's a contour bumper w/ a splitter. Dean's car has class and wins shows and is driveable unlike that guy's car. And I didn't know we ever comparing our cars, I think that's what people start doing when they realize they're wrong about something. I'm outta this thread before I or you gets it locked.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: Whose Car in CSP mag - 10/03/03 04:11 AM
lol agreed. but not about thinking wrong... because im not.

Edit: The remark was judging your taste in cars.
© CEG Archives