Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
well guys n gals as you know i've been figditing around trying to figure out what to do with my SVT - and decided to trade it in tonight...

I have a new 2004 Mazda6s - lucky for me, the dealership hasn't moved a car all day and I just happened to be their first '04 Mazda6s customer, I was very fortunate tonight!

a strange thing is that all the mechanics and salesmen were lined up to drive my SVT when i was leaving, wow - what a moment...

Here are some late night pics... I was at the dealer for 5 hours so i'm goin to bed!
Congrats and ENJOY!
Probably the most logical choice for someone who's tired and/or wants to upgrade their CSVT or Tour, congrats Can you post some daytime pics and/or pics that work? BTW, Zoom'n 3.0L here in the SEMI also has a Mazda 6 as well, check out the Millie Miglia MM-S on www.tirerack.com for your car
Congrats!
Awesomoe, but please tell me you got the 3.0 and the 5-Speed
Pics no worky.
Originally posted by todras:
Pics no worky.

Pics no worky.

i think you have to be signed into Yahoo to view them, I'll have to find another site to post them on...
Originally posted by Toadster:

I have a new 2004 Mazda6s - lucky for me, the dealership hasn't moved a car all day and I just happened to be their first '04 Mazda6s customer, I was very fortunate tonight!

How hard was it on your valet ?
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
...please tell me you got the 3.0...

I have a new 2004 Mazda6s

6i = I4
6s = V6
I'm waiting for the mazdaspeed
Pics no worky.

i think you have to be signed into Yahoo to view them, I'll have to find another site to post them on...

I'm signed in. Still no work. Found your album of what appears to be pics of your ugly mug. Agina did you get the manual?
Posted By: Lee K Please post detailed comparison notes - 09/18/03 03:55 PM
I think all of are beginning to face the realization that as our Contours get up past the 100K mark that it might be time to start looking around. Most of us still have the same requirements: relatively affordable four-door sports sedans. Without spending $40 large on a 330i with sports package, one has to consider the logical alternatives: WRX, 6s, TSX, IS300, Altima, etc. On paper, it looks like the 6s is the most directly comparable car to an SVT. The power numbers are slightly higher, but the car magazine test reports show very similar performance. Being a C&D 10 Best winner, the 6s obviously has the eye of driving enthusiasts. We'd all be very interested in your impressions.

Lee K
E0 CSVT, silver
Pics no worky.

Found your album of what appears to be pics of your ugly mug. Agina did you get the manual?

ugly mug eh? LOL but hey, at least my kids are cute

I got the 5-speed... so far VERY pleased with this car!!!

power to weight is very comparable, plus the Mazda is REALLY quiet compared to the SVT - but then again, my KKM and Edelbrock added to the audible note on my SVT

anyone want a used KKM?
having issues getting yahoo photos to work today so you can goto my SVT website for my pics

http://toadster.homestead.com/
I want the I4 MTX!
If you want that same engine, get a 2005 Focus with the 2.3L/MTX. The Zetec's replacement.
sweet, toadster. i like the white....i think if i were getting one i'd be torn between the lapis blue and the steel gray, but the white and black are right behind 'em. i test-drove a gray one last friday night and was very impressed....

you'll have to post your impressions after living with it for a little while - i'm anxious to hear how it compares to the CSVT from someone who drove 'em back to back. i'm 3 years removed from mine, so my memory of the CSVT is a bit idealized at this point.

i'm considering selling the jeep and buying something like a 6s-mtx, tsx-6mt, or the like in a year or so....but we'll see. i'd love to see a mazdaspeed 6s out there, but the rumors i read about that indicated it would probably be a turbo 4 - which is all good except for the fact that my favorite part of my 6s test-drive was the sound of the duratec!

i'm also anxious to see what happens w/ the release of the 5-door and/or the sport-wagon here in the US. i remember thinking when i first saw the 6/atenza pics prior to their release that the 5-door was the best-looking one of the bunch; wonder if i'll still feel that way after seeing so many of the 4-door sedans on the road and growing to like them a lot.

if you don't mind my asking, did you get much off of sticker? it seems like mazda is all about incentives and rebates on the 6i but shows no love for the 6s in that department. now that i have a miata, i'd be eligible for a loyalty rebate - except those haven't been offered on the 6s to date.

congrats on the purchase!
First mod needs to be the body color sport grill.
First mod needs to be the body color sport grill.

I dunno something about that grill bothers me....just my opinoin
I agree, the sport grille just doesn't look right.. The general manager at our Mazda dealership drives a black 6s with the sports grille and a billet gas tank cover.. Looks like utter crap.

Congrats Toadster.. Never seen a white one in person before, but it sure looks like a beauty, especially with the tan interior!
You've got to be kidding me. This is better

than this?

That would be my first mod hands down. I'd have it done the first week of ownership. A billet gas cap is retarded yes and would detract from the elegance of the car.
I am left handed and often drive local streets and parkways with my left hand at the six o:clock position while my right hand or arm rests on the arm rest, so I do not like three spoke steering wheel designs. On highways my hands are on the 10 and 2 o:clock positions.
Does Cali require a front license plate? Cause that thing is hideous uke:
the TSX is kinda ugly. it has a CTS-esque profile...which i hate in an automobile, which is also why i hate the CTS. the headlights also look stupid.

i don't know why i did this comparison, nobody cares

good choice on the madza 6 btw.
Originally posted by beatmoonlight98:
the TSX is kinda ugly. it has a CTS-esque profile...which i hate in an automobile, which is also why i hate the CTS. the headlights also look stupid.

i don't know why i did this comparison, nobody cares

good choice on the madza 6 btw.

I disagree. In person, nothing about the TSX and CTS seem similar. TSX looks great without the factory body kit (especially the side skirts) but it is several thousand more than a 6. The CTS is unique and thats about it. The 6 is the logical replacement for the CSVT.
You've got to be kidding me. This is better

than this?

That would be my first mod hands down. I'd have it done the first week of ownership. A billet gas cap is retarded yes and would detract from the elegance of the car.

I like the black grille better....just a little paint on that chrome strip and it would be over!
Oh yea!

Not bad but definately better than the chrome.

I like the bottom pic better. Mesh grille with body colored upper lip looks hot!

Now here's hoping they bring out the 5-door hatch with a higher-po v6
How's the tranz on those things? Does it take more of a tap on the clutch to shift than the svt?
How about the 1-2 shift? Can you just dump it, or do you have to baby it a bit?

Nice car by the way, good color choice, nice rims.
Originally posted by Black on Black:
How's the tranz on those things? Does it take more of a tap on the clutch to shift than the svt?
How about the 1-2 shift? Can you just dump it, or do you have to baby it a bit?

Nice car by the way, good color choice, nice rims.

There's more clutch travel than the SVT, though it's not exactly long either. You can definitely dump the 1-2, or at least I was able to in my test drive.

Nice ride and a nice choice. I agree that it's like a slightly larger, much more refined CSVT. I'm currently torn between the 6 and a WRX for the next ride, I need to spend some time test driving again tomorrow

Scott

gratitutious troutslap:

Originally posted by Kirill:

How hard was it on your valet ?

so this is the best part...
I got it for $150 under invoice!!!
I stay away for a few days and one of our finest defects. What a surprise to come back to.

I'm glad you are enjoying your Mazda6. It would most definitely be high on my list as a replacement for my SVT, but I'm still enjoying having my SVT paid off.

It was time for a new vehicle for my wife, so we bought a new Escape Limited in July to replace her nearly 20 year old Econoline Club Wagon. We are really enjoying the Escape, which is also a close relative to the Contour.

I got a better deal than you did though. I bought it on the D plan. It helps to work for a dealer.
thanks Jim, you guys are the best...

one of the weird happenings is that the dealership knew about the S-plan pricing, but they hadn't done an S-plan sale in probably over a year (the salesman said) - he even asked me what website he could goto to get a plan for himself

to be honest, I was rather amazed... the head salesman even told me that he may use it, he is currently driving a '99 Civic Si because he didn't know he could use an internal plan!?!!? how weird is that!?!?!

don't worry guys, I'll just become your new favorite troll
What's Mazdaspeed?
Originally posted by zzzqqq:
What's Mazdaspeed?

A joke. There has been no offical word of a Mazdaspeed version of the 6, just ALOT of speculation. There's alot of cars in queue at Mazda (New 3, to replace the Protege, new Miata, RX-7, possible MazdaSpeed RX-8, etc) that take priority over the 6, especially since it's selling as well as it is on it's own.

As for the grille choices, I like what Mazda's done on the Protege's with the sports package. Black out the chrome, but leave the grille alone. Looks awesome on just about any color.
Originally posted by zzzqqq:
What's Mazdaspeed?

this is the 'tenative' concept car that may run as the Mazdaspeed6

http://www.mazdafun.com/news%20m6%20mps.htm

this HAS to be one of the BEST looking 4-door vehicles out there!!!

280HP and AWD out of a 2.3L Turbo 4-cyl!!
Congrats on the purchase! Come on over to www.mazda6club.com theres a good amount of info there.

And the sport grille looks WAY better IMO.

http://community.webshots.com/user/rudan01
I am so jealous, I am so wanting a 6s. i like the one with the kit and all. I am gonna see if I can get that or a mustang. dont know which yet.
well - check with your insurance carrier, I could have a new GT Convertible for the same price - but the insurance was 3X my SVT insurance!!!!

my 6s is only ~$30 more per month
Ah yes another item to vehicle choice reasonable insurance, I detest having to throw money away.

Toadster any thoughts on a Mazda web site as good as the CEG has been ( sharing of all the good info helping car bluffs avoid the big business *pitfalls/etc).
Tnx
YORF Paul

*Knowing more inside info to keep ahead of the dealer/mechanics.
I understand that computer is using something called "Can protocal"??? Wonder if our present OBD-II software will even talk to the computer??? anyone throw this question towards Mr. Peper? I admit I haven't been able to keep up for the last few few months. I just did a quick scan of Alex's web page got to get time to get boned up on all the new stuff?????
well - I'll admit, as far as car forums go, CEG is WELL beyond most 'enhusiast' sites for cars that aren't mainstream performance cars... Mustangs, F-bodys, Vettes, Supras, yah - they have their sites...

so far, I've found a couple decent sites but they definitely need more time behind them (like CEG) to become a world class forum like this one!

http://www.mazda6club.com {Mazda6 Club) duh...
http://www.mazdamp3.com (Mazda Forums)
http://forums.mazdaworld.org (probably the largest site so far)

I really hope the online community becomes as well versed as you guys here @ CEG... only time will tell.
I found the Alero (not a popularly tuner/enthusiats car) website was good.
www.aleromod.com
© CEG Archives