Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: alibies TICKETED - 09/01/03 01:26 AM
VENT ON
... ITS SUNDAY ITS 9:00 ALL I WANT IS TO GO TO BED... I AM GOING TO A POINT WHERE IN THE ROAD IT GOES FROM 55 TO 45 TO 35 WITHIN A QUARTER MILE......... I START TO SLOW DOWN FROM 55 AND A COP FLYS BY ME... I LOOK BACK AND DONT REALIZE IM IN THE 45 GOIN 55 SO I LOOK AROUND AND START TO SLOW DOWN I GET CLOSER TO THE 35 AND IM GOIN 50... I LOOK UP AND SEE 6 COPS SITTING THERE... WAITING... SO I SLOW DOWN AND KEEP GOING AND TURN TO GO THE BACK WAY HOME.. YA KNOW OUT OF SITE OUT OF MIND.... NOT A GOOD IDEA.. HE JUST WANTED TO WARN ME... AND NOW HE THINKS THAT TURN WAS TO EXCAPE FROM HIM EVEN THOUGH HE DIDNT HAVE HIS LIGHTS ON... WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! HE SITED ME FOR NO SEATBELT... IT WAS... ON! THE ENTIRE TIME AND HE SITED ME FOR NO TURNSIGNALS... IM STARTING TO THINK ALL COPS ARE GOOD FOR ARE FOR NOTHING... INSTEAD OF CATCHING CROOKS THEY GO FOR INNOCENT 17 YEAR OLDS LOOKING TO GET HOME AFTER A LONG DAY AT WORK

VENT off
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 04:03 AM
Originally posted by alibies:
VENT ON
... ITS SUNDAY ITS 9:00 ALL I WANT IS TO GO TO BED... I AM GOING TO A POINT WHERE IN THE ROAD IT GOES FROM 55 TO 45 TO 35 WITHIN A QUARTER MILE......... I START TO SLOW DOWN FROM 55 AND A COP FLYS BY ME... I LOOK BACK AND DONT REALIZE IM IN THE 45 GOIN 55 SO I LOOK AROUND AND START TO SLOW DOWN I GET CLOSER TO THE 35 AND IM GOIN 50... I LOOK UP AND SEE 6 COPS SITTING THERE... WAITING... SO I SLOW DOWN AND KEEP GOING AND TURN TO GO THE BACK WAY HOME.. YA KNOW OUT OF SITE OUT OF MIND.... NOT A GOOD IDEA.. HE JUST WANTED TO WARN ME... AND NOW HE THINKS THAT TURN WAS TO EXCAPE FROM HIM EVEN THOUGH HE DIDNT HAVE HIS LIGHTS ON... WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP! HE SITED ME FOR NO SEATBELT... IT WAS... ON! THE ENTIRE TIME AND HE SITED ME FOR NO TURNSIGNALS... IM STARTING TO THINK ALL COPS ARE GOOD FOR ARE FOR NOTHING... INSTEAD OF CATCHING CROOKS THEY GO FOR INNOCENT 17 YEAR OLDS LOOKING TO GET HOME AFTER A LONG DAY AT WORK

VENT off

You said it man.

I usually see a pig sitting at the end of a turn at a speed trap. The speed limit goes down from 35 to 30 at the end of the turn and he is sitting out of site. Most of the time I see a 2nd pig parked next to him, and they are just sitting there talking. Crimefighters my a$$.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 04:17 AM
luckily my local cops ain't quite like that... but did he give you a speedy ticket? i think it better to not get speeding ticket and get them other things. but one reason he may not have gave u speedoie ticket is cuz it wouldn't go too good in court for him for a couple reasons.
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 04:22 AM
Originally posted by lithium398:
VENT ON
... Caps here
VENT off

You said it man.

I usually see a pig sitting at the end of a turn at a speed trap. The speed limit goes down from 35 to 30 at the end of the turn and he is sitting out of site. Most of the time I see a 2nd pig parked next to him, and they are just sitting there talking. Crimefighters my a$$.

You sir, lithium , are an [censored]. You call the people who put their lives on the line in a [censored] job with [censored] hours to keep your home and life safe and secure , you call them pigs. You should grow up and realize that as long as you arent breaking the law , you wont get... punished for BREAKING THE LAW. I know there are abuses , but talking like this , youre a total as-shole.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 04:35 AM
darn pigs
Posted By: Swazo Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 04:47 AM
I have to agree with DimitriPopov.

I hate how so many police departments just focus on lame driving citations! But the same cops that have to get stuck issuing tickets are the same cops who are taking meth heads and other trash off the street all the time. There are those cops that have a power trip and abuse their power, but don't let a--holes like that make the rest look bad. I know a few cops and I have some in the family, and it makes me really mad to see people refer to them as pigs.
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 05:20 AM
out her ein kissimmee florida the police are the worst. they rented a truck with a truck liek the ones the elictric compant has with a scissor lift and parked it in a median with a radar gun. they wrote morte than 1,000 citations in 2 days. thats what you call having nothign better to do. and the drive to work for me is 15 miles on a 4 lane road that is 45mph half way through and about 8 squad cars waiting behind a brick wall. at the same time a few at a busy intersection watchign for those who dont coem to a complete stop to make the rigth turn onto the main highway after that long road. whiel all this is ha peopel are calling ther peopel and wondering why they are taking so long. also when a car is stopped about to other squad cars pull up for no reason even if the car has one person in it. once i was stopped for my tint and it took 3 under cover cops to do the job and i was just sittin in the car the whole time with groceries in the back seat. i think its pathetic. i have no respect for them. once i got stopped and they even called out the chopper. and i saw in the paper the other day that they want to add more officers to the local police force cause there arent enough. i think they need to focus on othee things other than peoe;l speeding. at the end of the month thats when there are speed traps all over. ever since they built this new road the city has been wanting to cash in on it. many do agree 45 on a 4 lane highway is rediculous. once a big brawl broke out in my friends neighborhood and took the cops like an hour or more to get there after it all ended and the peopel were hurt real bad. but hey atleast they caught a few people speeding. its a shame
Posted By: Renee_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 05:21 AM
You know, I think Lithium does that just to get a rise out of the adults, and it works. I don't agree with the "pig" crap either, and sometime Lithium acts like a moron, but it would be best to let him do his thing. Maybe, God forbid, he will need the help of the "pigs" and then he will learn a lesson from it. Yes, there are bad cops, but more good cops, who joined to protect and serve.

If ya wouldn't have been breaking the law, no matter how small, you wouldn't have gotten caught. Simple. Grow up. Let's see you call them "pigs" next time somebody robs you, hits your car, or whatever might happen.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 05:23 AM
Take what I said as you will, but I wasnt referring them to a whole anyways. Those particular cops were, infact, pigs. I know many cops myself, a few of my friend's parents are cops and are good people. The thing is I hate many of the cops that are out there, because they are, infact, pigs.

Mmmm'Kay?
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 05:29 AM
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:
VENT ON
... Caps here
VENT off

You said it man.

You sir, lithium , are an [censored]. You call the people who put their lives on the line in a [censored] job with [censored] hours to keep your home and life safe and secure , you call them pigs. You should grow up and realize that as long as you arent breaking the law , you wont get... punished for BREAKING THE LAW. I know there are abuses , but talking like this , youre a total as-shole.

I agree. My Dad was a cop and he definately is not a pig.
There are some bad people out there, as there are in ANY line of work. And I have been hassled by one or two. But there are many more good ones than bad.
Posted By: Freakshow Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 05:40 AM
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
out her ein kissimmee florida the police are the worst. they rented a truck with a truck liek the ones the elictric compant has with a scissor lift and parked it in a median with a radar gun. they wrote morte than 1,000 citations in 2 days. thats what you call having nothign better to do. and the drive to work for me is 15 miles on a 4 lane road that is 45mph half way through and about 8 squad cars waiting behind a brick wall. at the same time a few at a busy intersection watchign for those who dont coem to a complete stop to make the rigth turn onto the main highway after that long road. whiel all this is ha peopel are calling ther peopel and wondering why they are taking so long. also when a car is stopped about to other squad cars pull up for no reason even if the car has one person in it. once i was stopped for my tint and it took 3 under cover cops to do the job and i was just sittin in the car the whole time with groceries in the back seat. i think its pathetic. i have no respect for them. once i got stopped and they even called out the chopper. and i saw in the paper the other day that they want to add more officers to the local police force cause there arent enough. i think they need to focus on othee things other than peoe;l speeding. at the end of the month thats when there are speed traps all over. ever since they built this new road the city has been wanting to cash in on it. many do agree 45 on a 4 lane highway is rediculous. once a big brawl broke out in my friends neighborhood and took the cops like an hour or more to get there after it all ended and the peopel were hurt real bad. but hey atleast they caught a few people speeding. its a shame

Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 05:44 AM
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 06:14 AM
Originally posted by MrsFurby72:
If ya wouldn't have been breaking the law, no matter how small, you wouldn't have gotten caught. Simple. Grow up. Let's see you call them "pigs" next time somebody robs you, hits your car, or whatever might happen.

1) I wasnt breaking the law... or atleast havent been caught yet *knock on wood* I havent been pulled over.

2) If somebody robs me, a cop wont be there at the exact moment to "save" me. They will write it up, tell me they will do something about it, and go back to fining jay walking or 5mph-over speeding.

3) If someone hits my car, the cop aint paying for it, its going to be my insurance.

4) ONCE AGAIN, I WASNT REFERRING TO ALL COPS AS PIGS YOU [censored] MORONS!

...you guys love to get a "rise" out of anything. If you actually think into what I have to say, and try to see my point, you might learn something. BUT most of the time, it is just have fun and see your reactions. Some people take a long time to realize it. *cough*mrsfurby*cough*

Get a life and stop getting so angry over some teenager posting stupid remarks online. How many posts on here are from people mad about my word-choice... 5! I like this site and all, but damn its full of prudes and hypocrites.

edit: This doesnt refer to kremit, swazo, crazydrver, and freakshow... i agree with what they had said.
Posted By: N-terst8 Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 02:53 PM
Make sure he put a radar on you. Cuz if he didn't he has no case.

Steve
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 02:54 PM

1) I wasnt breaking the law... or atleast havent been caught yet *knock on wood* I havent been pulled over.

2) If somebody robs me, a cop wont be there at the exact moment to "save" me. They will write it up, tell me they will do something about it, and go back to fining jay walking or 5mph-over speeding.

3) If someone hits my car, the cop aint paying for it, its going to be my insurance.

...you guys love to get a "rise" out of anything. If you actually think into what I have to say, and try to see my point, you might learn something. BUT most of the time, it is just have fun and see your reactions. Some people take a long time to realize it. *cough*mrsfurby*cough*

Get a life and stop getting so angry over some teenager posting stupid remarks online. How many posts on here are from people mad about my word-choice... 5! I like this site and all, but damn its full of prudes and hypocrites.

edit: This doesnt refer to kremit, swazo, crazydrver, and freakshow... i agree with what they had said.

Post- cops cant be everywhere at the same time , youre an as hole

Aborted: Not worth my time.
Posted By: tiv_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 03:13 PM

Hey, man. It happened to me that I was tickeded for 41 in a
30 zone, and I KNOW I didn't go that fast. If he said 33 or
maybe 35 I wouldn't argue, but he deliberately pushed it
above 40 so I get to pay the fine (same happened to a friend, same spot, same cop).

If someone does that, he is a pig, regardless of his
uniform and regardless of many people in the same uniform
who do a great job. If he is 1 out of a 100 or a 1000, he
is still a pig and shouldn't be in the police.

T.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 03:14 PM

lol... that was the point i was making to mrsfurby. Thanks captain obvious.
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 03:54 PM

lol... that was the point i was making to mrsfurby. Thanks captain obvious.

no problem Lieutenant Jackass.

lol
Posted By: alibies Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 06:25 PM
warning for speeding
sited for no seatbelt (it was on... it was dark tho)
sited for no turnsignal (i dont remember that but ill say its ok)

the problem is that i was sited for a failure to control a wile back and the judge said that if i was back in there for anything else we would be talking about weither or not i was gona get my license suspended or not... :-( do you think that the no seatbelt and turnsignal would be bad enough in ohio to get your lisense taken away (no points on my license) and im 17
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 06:27 PM
If you have no points on your license then you'd have to get that same judge again then he'd have to be a real jerk and use some stupid law to suspend your license.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/01/03 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
If you have no points on your license then you'd have to get that same judge again then he'd have to be a real jerk and use some stupid law to suspend your license.

Dont you love how the system works.
Posted By: proliphik Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 02:00 AM
and you guys think you have it bad with cops? (with the exeption of a few who have gotten hassled) put yourself in my shoes. one word, skateboarding. cops hate us no matter what, the biggest dick heads in the world to us just because we skate? never really understood why they come track us down somewhere instead of getting drug dealers n shyt. there are some good cops and some bad, but right away when they see a skateboard...they all seem bad.
Posted By: dbird_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 02:21 AM
if they write 1,000 tickets a day then they probably have about 10,000 peope that they could write a ticket to.... whats wrong with having a speed trap.. if you dont speed you dont get trapped... its just like someone trying to sell drugs and get caught, they call that entrapment..... well if they did not have the drugs to sell then they would never have been arrested.. those 17 yr.old shits dont have nothing better to do than run around 10 miles over the speed limit to get home, to go to the store, to go to work, to just testing the car.. they dont even think of how they are driving that is getting the attention of the police with their aggressive driving....... and they think they are being picked on?????
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 02:31 AM
speed trap=area where speed limit quickly changes to much lower speed and police (that could be fighting crime) convene at to make a little money for the city. And I'm a sh** just because I somtimes go 10 over (highway)? Is the 40 yr. old that does it (probably your neighbor, friend, or family) also a sh**? I wouldn't call speeding aggressive driving.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 02:46 AM
I can tell dbird is living his life on the edge. "Damn those teenagers and those fast mystiques!" The problem with having a speed trap is that them cops have better things to do then sit around waiting for a "sh**" to do 10 over the limit... as opposed to a "shi**" selling drugs on the street. Cops are never there when you need them, end of story, i have no complaints... but dont be making heros out of the meter maids. mkay?
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 03:04 AM
Cops are never there when you need them, end of story, i have no complaints... but dont be making heros out of the meter maids. mkay?

Wtf do you want a cop to follow you around personally you jackass? Also keep up the personal attacks plz.

What youre saying is kind of like saying:

"man I really want some Wendys right now , but those BASTARDS always make me drive to their restaurant. Why arent they always right next to me just waiting to help my every need!?
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 03:25 AM
Cops are never there when you need them, end of story, i have no complaints... but dont be making heros out of the meter maids. mkay?

Wtf do you want a cop to follow you around personally you jackass? Also keep up the personal attacks plz.

What youre saying is kind of like saying:

"man I really want some Wendys right now , but those BASTARDS always make me drive to their restaurant. Why arent they always right next to me just waiting to help my every need!?

Cops are never there when you need them, end of story, i have no complaints ... but dont be making heros out of the meter maids. mkay?

Some people just see and hear what they want to see and hear.
Posted By: Swazo Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 08:24 AM
Dude, you complain the whole post and then you think since you say "I have no complaints" it's not complaining??

Why do they try to ticket people? For one the system is set up where if they aren't ticketing more than last year......oops.....budget cut. The other reason is to keep drivers under control and lower the accident rates, ect. So to say that cops have better things to do than setup speed traps is an ignorant way of looking at police work as a whole.

If you're tired of dealing with "pigs", then don't be so sloppy and you won't have to deal with them
Posted By: alibies Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 03:27 PM
Originally posted by proliphik:
and you guys think you have it bad with cops? (with the exeption of a few who have gotten hassled) put yourself in my shoes. one word, skateboarding. cops hate us no matter what, the biggest dick heads in the world to us just because we skate? never really understood why they come track us down somewhere instead of getting drug dealers n shyt. there are some good cops and some bad, but right away when they see a skateboard...they all seem bad.

i understand that fully.... the cops have gotten used to me tho... if they ask for my board i snap it in half... at least that way they say good enoughfor me and take off wile you still have your hardware trucks wheels and barings.. the stuff that outlasts the board any way...
Posted By: civic_smoker Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 03:42 PM
i know how you feel. my last ticket, the cop was sitting on the side of the freeway with his hood up. he had his radar gun pointing out the rear windshield and he was looking at it around the hood as he was bent over acting like he was fixing his car (it was a damn black chevy impala looked production issue totally unmarked) and i flew by him. by the time i realized he was a cop i couldnt slow down. BAM! got me for 105 in a 70, changing lanes without signalling and reckless driving. oops. anyway, i got all three thrown out in court because the judge thought the officer's methods were "Questionable".

but i dont think all cops are bad. some a dicks, thats true, but most are doing it cuz they love the job and are very decent people.
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 07:49 PM
Originally posted by civic_smoker:
i know how you feel. my last ticket, the cop was sitting on the side of the freeway with his hood up. he had his radar gun pointing out the rear windshield and he was looking at it around the hood as he was bent over acting like he was fixing his car (it was a damn black chevy impala looked production issue totally unmarked) and i flew by him. by the time i realized he was a cop i couldnt slow down. BAM! got me for 105 in a 70, changing lanes without signalling and reckless driving. oops. anyway, i got all three thrown out in court because the judge thought the officer's methods were "Questionable".

but i dont think all cops are bad. some a dicks, thats true, but most are doing it cuz they love the job and are very decent people.

Rofl omfg you got pwned. You should have had to take all counts. your decision should probably be to not go 105 in a 70 [censored].
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 09:18 PM

Rofl omfg you got pwned. You should have had to take all counts. your decision should probably be to not go 105 in a 70 [censored].

Im probably just starting more crap... but dimitri, you seem like a [censored] pu$$y. You get all mad when people like to drink (other post), and now you are against doing 10mph over the limit. You must be one boring s.o.b.

with that said, im sorry for pissin ya off. hahaha
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 10:36 PM
The crux of the matter is people are breakin' the law. Me boring, maybe - but I'll never be sorry for keeping within the law. Wanna go fast? Take it to the track. If you break the law, expect that you will eventually get caught. The odds are against you. Just hope you don't have to live with maiming some innocent 'cause 10 mph over is no big deal in your opinion.

By the way, how's your ride doin'? I'm planning on doing the Y-pipe mod & heading to the SE CEGer meet in the Smokies. We're gonna run the Dragon.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 10:41 PM
Originally posted by proliphik:

Move to South Florida. Skate parks going up all over the place. The municipality that I work for is building a huge facility for skaters & boarders. Not my project, but I have access to all the pictures if you wanna see.

No worries here, mate.
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: TICKETED - 09/02/03 11:54 PM

Im probably just starting more crap... but dimitri, you seem like a [censored] pu$$y. You get all mad when people like to drink (other post), and now you are against doing 10mph over the limit. You must be one boring s.o.b.

Lol well the drinking thing was the fault of my own inability to express my opinion on the matter. Its ok to drink , you just shouldnt have to do it everytime you go somewhere.

I am anal about driving infractions to an extent. Because you risk my life , and other innocent peoples lives doing stupid [censored] like 106 in a 70. But I admit that sometimes I drive fast , but I dont do it in a manner to really endanger anyone but me. You are one boring SOB.

**theres nothing for me to insult
Posted By: TropicalSVT_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 01:18 AM

If you knew Kissimmee, FL you would understand and give this guy a little slack.

Some of the quotes in this thread are unbelieveable. How some of you portray your disrespect for law enforcement officers because they should be getting the people who are breaking the real laws. I have news for you, if you drive over the posted speed limit, chances are that the legislature in your state has deemed that a violation of law. Whether you are 1 mph over, 10 mph over, or 50mph over, you can be stopped by a police officer.

It also seems as though some of you believe that we as police officers recieve some sort of personal benefit from writing you a ticket. What do you think that I get? A cut of the fine? A promotion? A letter from my supervisor saying how good of an officer I am? Usually what I get is a trip to court on my day off. Sometimes I get a nice comment from the motorist on the roadside. But, I always get the satisfaction of knowing that you will be thinking about that chunk of change you lost next time you think about endangering the lives of innocent people by BREAKING THE LAW.

Lithium, I hope you take a vacation to Mickey land in FL one day. And, I hope to see you on the side of the road. BTW - speeding fines in FL are pretty steep. I will be there for you when you are the victim of that highway robbery you keep complaining about, trust me....

Some of you need to walk in the shoes of a professional before you open your mouth and make yourself look like a fool.
Posted By: alibies Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 01:56 AM
id love to see pics of that park ! im trying to get one made in centerburg ohio
Posted By: fordfan056 Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 03:07 AM
i got one for ya. i live next door to a cop and it sucks. he is always in his back yard. that dont matter but what really matters is that they are in uniform standing there drinkging pop and talking watching people fly up and down the street where kids are all playing . people and the cops just dont care around here. and this is in lincoln park michigan. where eles. i hate liveing here. need to move.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 03:14 AM
Originally posted by TropicalSVT:

If you knew Kissimmee, FL you would understand and give this guy a little slack.

Some of the quotes in this thread are unbelieveable. How some of you portray your disrespect for law enforcement officers because they should be getting the people who are breaking the real laws. I have news for you, if you drive over the posted speed limit, chances are that the legislature in your state has deemed that a violation of law. Whether you are 1 mph over, 10 mph over, or 50mph over, you can be stopped by a police officer.

It also seems as though some of you believe that we as police officers recieve some sort of personal benefit from writing you a ticket. What do you think that I get? A cut of the fine? A promotion? A letter from my supervisor saying how good of an officer I am? Usually what I get is a trip to court on my day off. Sometimes I get a nice comment from the motorist on the roadside. But, I always get the satisfaction of knowing that you will be thinking about that chunk of change you lost next time you think about endangering the lives of innocent people by BREAKING THE LAW.

Lithium, I hope you take a vacation to Mickey land in FL one day. And, I hope to see you on the side of the road. BTW - speeding fines in FL are pretty steep. I will be there for you when you are the victim of that highway robbery you keep complaining about, trust me....

Some of you need to walk in the shoes of a professional before you open your mouth and make yourself look like a fool.

I was already at mickey land. Six flags is where it's at...

Who makes these laws? Oh yeah, those nice friendly honest politicians... almost forgot. Just because something is the law, doesnt mean it is right or wrong. Police are just doing their job, ok I understand that, but many abuse their power.

So, its legal for a cop to endager lives on the road when they are doing about 65 on a busy street in Chicago? I dont see how that is. Oh and laws dont really apply to politicians unless it has to do with them taking money from the government. heh, so I feel like bringing up amsterdam again. How high is the crime rate there? How many issues do they have there? If you think about it, some laws actually induce crime. Marijuana is illegal, ok... so now drug dealers are out on the street selling it to minors and carrying guns. This is better than it being legal, and stores actually selling it? I dont do drugs, but just imagine if it was legal. Alcohol causes more problems than marijuana ever has. OH yeah, and that brings me to another point. Some of my friends have been stopped by a cop and could have been arrested for posession, but what the cop did, is he took the stuff for himself and let them go. He took their lighter too. (hmmm, i wonder?)

The autobahn also comes to mind...

Some of you need to walk in the shoes of the other person before you open your mouth and make yourself look like a fool.
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 03:26 AM
Speaking of Amsterdam, Ive heard first hand accounts of the drug shops and the [censored] places they inhabit and the [censored] that surrounds them , legalizing it doesnt solve any problems other than more addicts.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 03:28 AM
Speaking of Amsterdam, Ive heard first hand accounts of the drug shops and the [censored] places they inhabit and the [censored] that surrounds them , legalizing it doesnt solve any problems other than more addicts.

gee, thanks for the help dimitri.

Ofcourse, dont go wild with getting rid of laws. Certain laws are not helpful. Ofcourse the [censored] the surounds those shops is messed up, because whatever that [censored] maybe, it is probably illegal here anyways. Laws are good and all, ofcourse, but some dont help.
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 04:17 AM
i feel that i am a save driver and know my car well enough to drive save at highs speeds. im not doing 100 in traffic but usually ill be doing 65 or 70 on a long empty road. but a 4 lane highway with a speed limit of 45 is rediculous. its the main road of 2 that joins poinciana to kissimmee. the road use to be 55 the whole way back when it was just 2 lane now that it is a 4 lane its 45 about halfway and its rediculous. they build a road for better teravel than slow it down. when they do the speed traps on it they will come out in the middle of the raod and pull over a few cars at a time. the road seems like a road that is made for driving 55 and its like 12 or 13 miles. i dont think speeding is that big of a deal uness your just driving reckless or racing. all my accidents were from people running stop signs or red lights or people backing into me. all my accidents were also under 45 mph. i think the cosp could over look certain situtions. its one thing to be speeding down a empty road but on a busy road with lots a people thats not safe. once i got stopped at like 3 in the morning in my boys maxima and the brake lighst were just stuck as if i was braking and i was stopped for that. i told him i noticed it in the car when i got out and i cant do any6htign about it till i get hoem and im on my way now. he still gave me a ticket. i even had the hazard lights on. i hate the cosp that get a badge and just becoem the biggest bad a$$ now they they are a officer. one cop had stopped me and was cool and polite and asked me how many points i had and gave me a break with a seatbelt ticket. soem cops are ok and some just dont need a badge. once i was stoppe din a speed trap with 2 other peopel one guy was let go cause he spoke no english the other let go cause he looked like someone important in a nice suite and me i got the ticket. so i knwo there is somethign wrogn with the way they do things. the worst was when soem dude from england hit my supra. all he had was the rental car reciept and no kind of id and the cops didnt even want to right a ticket. if i had no id i would have been locked.
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 04:34 AM
i feel that i am a save driver and know my car well enough to drive save at highs speeds. im not doing 100 in traffic but usually ill be doing 65 or 70 on a long empty road. but a 4 lane highway with a speed limit of 45 is rediculous. its the main road of 2 that joins poinciana to kissimmee. the road use to be 55 the whole way back when it was just 2 lane now that it is a 4 lane its 45 about halfway and its rediculous. they build a road for better teravel than slow it down. when they do the speed traps on it they will come out in the middle of the raod and pull over a few cars at a time. the road seems like a road that is made for driving 55 and its like 12 or 13 miles. i dont think speeding is that big of a deal uness your just driving reckless or racing. all my accidents were from people running stop signs or red lights or people backing into me. all my accidents were also under 45 mph. i think the cosp could over look certain situtions. its one thing to be speeding down a empty road but on a busy road with lots a people thats not safe. once i got stopped at like 3 in the morning in my boys maxima and the brake lighst were just stuck as if i was braking and i was stopped for that. i told him i noticed it in the car when i got out and i cant do any6htign about it till i get hoem and im on my way now. he still gave me a ticket. i even had the hazard lights on. i hate the cosp that get a badge and just becoem the biggest bad a$$ now they they are a officer. one cop had stopped me and was cool and polite and asked me how many points i had and gave me a break with a seatbelt ticket. soem cops are ok and some just dont need a badge. once i was stoppe din a speed trap with 2 other peopel one guy was let go cause he spoke no english the other let go cause he looked like someone important in a nice suite and me i got the ticket. so i knwo there is somethign wrogn with the way they do things. the worst was when soem dude from england hit my supra. all he had was the rental car reciept and no kind of id and the cops didnt even want to right a ticket. if i had no id i would have been locked.

Dude, you have seriously got to start paying more attention in English class...
Posted By: Nikon Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 03:41 PM
I hear every bit of your anger. I was going to collage about 2 months ago and a punk of a bicycle cop steped out in front of me and almost got ran over. He ticket me for 57 in a 35. If thats not bad enough I was going to pay that ticket when a Highway Patrol pulled me over and gave me another ticket. I'm hoping when I get thru with the whole Paramedic schooling that I will never get another ticket again... So I know what you mean about not liking cops...
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Nikon:
I hear every bit of your anger. I was going to collage about 2 months ago and a punk of a bicycle cop steped out in front of me and almost got ran over. He ticket me for 57 in a 35. If thats not bad enough I was going to pay that ticket when a Highway Patrol pulled me over and gave me another ticket. I'm hoping when I get thru with the whole Paramedic schooling that I will never get another ticket again... So I know what you mean about not liking cops...

I know it's already been said, but for Christ's sake, if you're speeding and you get busted it's nobody's fault but your own. 57 in a 35 isn't nitpicking by any stretch. And then you keep speeding after you get a ticket and get another one... How is that the fault of some police officer?

I'm not gonna sit here and say I've never exceeded the speed limit. If I'm on the expressway I normally travel between 70-80, or whatever speed the flow of traffic is moving. If I get pulled over for speeding, then it's my fault because I've been careless about my speed and watching for cops. I simply DO NOT speed on surface streets 'cause that's where most of your speed traps get set.

I think some of you guys have an "everybody is out to get me" mentality. If you don't want to get hassled by police officers, don't speed and don't draw extra attention (illegal tint, lights, etc.) to your car. It's very simple.

Posted By: Honkeytonk Monkey Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 04:30 PM
The police here seem to enjoy pulling me over about once every couple months during my lunch break.

I've taken lunch at 3AM (night shift) every weeknight for 2 years. Once in awhile, as I leave the parking lot, a cruiser drops in behind me, and proceeds to follow my car, usually within a few feet of my rear bumper, for a few blocks then on come the wigwags.

I pull into a parking lot and sit in the car for 10 minutes while the officer masturbates, finishes his donut or whatever he's doing that takes so long. No biggie I just talk with whoever is in the car with me. Eventually he waddles up to my car and asks what I'm doing. "Reasons" for pulling me over often include such great lines as "You took that corner back there pretty fast", "I saw your vehicle exiting the Double Duece (bar located in the same mall as WalMart) lot", and one time because "You'll have to remove your aftermarket driving lights, they are too bright for on road use" (Stock focus fog lights)

My car is not hard to remember, alot of people around the city know me just by my car. It's one of about 10 ZX5s in the city, it's the only blue ZX5 in the city, and it has a giant Knukonceptz logo in the back window. I've been pulled over by this particular retard 7 times now, and 12 times in total by the idiots that get to drive CVs around this city.

I always tell him the same thing. I'm out for lunch, I work at WalMart, and I'd like to at least try to eat something before I head back. Last time I was more than a little angry about it. I guess I snapped when he shone the flashlight right in my eyes again. I asked why he keeps pulling me over despite knowing damn well I'm just on my break from work and getting something to eat. I guess it was a bad idea since he took my registration and license back to his car and sat there for a half hour. I waited. When he got back I told him if the same scenario plays out again I will have my attourney contact him and file a harassment suit against him personally. I have his name, and I have the car number and times marked down of the last 5 stops. I don't think he liked that much. That's fine I don't really care much for him either, he can shove that flashlight up his ass. If it happens again I might do it for him.

I'm not the only one it happens too either, last year my friend lost his license because after being pulled over twice in one lunch break he got mad and started getting lippy. The cop started writing tickets for various problems his car had. It was an old car and had rust, the dash lights stopped working, the exhaust was leaking behind the manifold. He got a few fixits

The problem of traffic violations/power abuse has come up a few times too. We'll be sitting outside on 8th street (main drag here) and see a cruiser pull up to the lights. He'll flip on the wig wags, go through the red, and pull into Tim Hortons for his coffee break. They like to blow through anything resembling intersection, nearly ran over a couple of my co-workers once.

I've determined that the police here are some of the worst people I've ever met. Complete losers with nothing to do. It's catching up to them though. A couple of them lost thier jobs for taking a drunk man out to the city limits and ditching him there. It would have been a wrist slap, only it was -30C and the man froze to death. More recently there have been sexual harassment problems going public.

Long story short, not all cops are "pigs" although that's not a good word to use. Some officers are really great people. Some are just complete [censored] and don't deserve to wear the uniform.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 06:26 PM
Speed limits are dictated by the traffic volumes, lane widths, intersections & their associated sight lines, and the types of intersecting roadways & the intersection/driveway interface frequency. How'd you like to try crossing that 4 laner during rush hour with a 55 speed limit? Ain't gonna happen - at least not safely.

In case you haven't guessed, roadway design is a major part of what I do for the municipality I work for. I'm in the process of performing an analysis of the roadway system & have been making many suggestions/recommendations to Palm Beach County for improvements to safety. Not that they did a bad job, the county is just growing so fast that they can't keep up.

And yes, language skills are cool.
Posted By: TropicalSVT_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 08:57 PM
Who makes these laws? Oh yeah, those nice friendly honest politicians... almost forgot. Just because something is the law, doesnt mean it is right or wrong. Police are just doing their job, ok I understand that, but many abuse their power.

So, its legal for a cop to endager lives on the road when they are doing about 65 on a busy street in Chicago? I dont see how that is. Oh and laws dont really apply to politicians unless it has to do with them taking money from the government. heh, so I feel like bringing up amsterdam again. How high is the crime rate there? How many issues do they have there? If you think about it, some laws actually induce crime. Marijuana is illegal, ok... so now drug dealers are out on the street selling it to minors and carrying guns. This is better than it being legal, and stores actually selling it? I dont do drugs, but just imagine if it was legal. Alcohol causes more problems than marijuana ever has. OH yeah, and that brings me to another point. Some of my friends have been stopped by a cop and could have been arrested for posession, but what the cop did, is he took the stuff for himself and let them go. He took their lighter too. (hmmm, i wonder?)

The autobahn also comes to mind...

Some of you need to walk in the shoes of the other person before you open your mouth and make yourself look like a fool.

Tell me, Lithium, is ignorance really bliss?

"Lets legalize cime and the crime rate will go down".

I live in America by choice, and you probably do too. If you want to live in Amsterdam, go. If you want to live in Germany, go.

And, your friends, do they share the same brain as you? I mean, complaining because they weren't arrested for possession of a joint? And then you have the cojones to say that the cop probably took it for himself.

One more thing, I have walked in the shoes of the public citizen. I have been pulled over and given tickets. I have seen reckless drivers almost cause serious crashes. And, I have seen the death and destruction that alcohol, drugs, speed, and stupidity can cause on the roadways of Florida first hand.
Posted By: tiv_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 09:33 PM

I live in America by choice, and you probably do too. If you want to live in Amsterdam, go. If you want to live in Germany, go.

This probably should go to Common Interest or locked down,
but many people seem to miss that he probably lives in
America because he believes that he has a small word in
telling what is right or wrong, maybe he also believes that
it is possible to change laws which are disliked by many.

Many people here seem to be happy to dictate others what to
do and what is right or wrong and tell them to leave 'their'
country at the first place. This country used to be built
by democratic values, and not by sending people away, but
accepting them. Looks like this country no longer needs that
spirit which builded a nation "e pluribus unum".

Maybe it'll be better if those people really leave - there
are millions at the door waiting to come in. They are coming
and coming, from India, China, Russia, South America - and
probably they wouldn't bring from home such a strong need
for settling any issues in a "democratic way" and those
people who stay here will be happier to live with them.
They are used to follow what they're told - the ideal
citizen for you. Welcome to the happy world of no disputes.

Sorry for venting out. This thread indeed needs to be locked.

T.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
The police here seem to enjoy pulling me over about once every couple months during my lunch break.

I've taken lunch at 3AM (night shift) every weeknight for 2 years. Once in awhile, as I leave the parking lot, a cruiser drops in behind me, and proceeds to follow my car, usually within a few feet of my rear bumper, for a few blocks then on come the wigwags.

I pull into a parking lot and sit in the car for 10 minutes while the officer masturbates, finishes his donut or whatever he's doing that takes so long. No biggie I just talk with whoever is in the car with me. Eventually he waddles up to my car and asks what I'm doing. "Reasons" for pulling me over often include such great lines as "You took that corner back there pretty fast", "I saw your vehicle exiting the Double Duece (bar located in the same mall as WalMart) lot", and one time because "You'll have to remove your aftermarket driving lights, they are too bright for on road use" (Stock focus fog lights)

My car is not hard to remember, alot of people around the city know me just by my car. It's one of about 10 ZX5s in the city, it's the only blue ZX5 in the city, and it has a giant Knukonceptz logo in the back window. I've been pulled over by this particular retard 7 times now, and 12 times in total by the idiots that get to drive CVs around this city.

I always tell him the same thing. I'm out for lunch, I work at WalMart, and I'd like to at least try to eat something before I head back. Last time I was more than a little angry about it. I guess I snapped when he shone the flashlight right in my eyes again. I asked why he keeps pulling me over despite knowing damn well I'm just on my break from work and getting something to eat. I guess it was a bad idea since he took my registration and license back to his car and sat there for a half hour. I waited. When he got back I told him if the same scenario plays out again I will have my attourney contact him and file a harassment suit against him personally. I have his name, and I have the car number and times marked down of the last 5 stops. I don't think he liked that much. That's fine I don't really care much for him either, he can shove that flashlight up his ass. If it happens again I might do it for him.

Unlike some of you punks complaining about getting a ticket for 15 over, this is a good example of a cop abusing his power.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 10:47 PM
'Scuse me tiv

You're complaining about intolerance then calling for the thread to be locked after you express your opinion? Kinda narrow minded of you.

Both of them had a point, but I think that neither expressed it in a way that was very tactful. Entertaining, but not tactful - that's part of the fun.

Freedom of speach does not equal acceptance of an opposing point of view. We can scream it all we want, nobody is required to listen.

Laws are generally written to discourage bad behavior. What is considered "bad" changes with our social priorities & currently prevelant ill tendencies. Right now, gang activity, drugs, alcohol, & street racing are amoung the social ills that are plaiging us. Law enforcement is responding accordingly - for the most part.

TropicalSVT is simply reflecting the growing sentiment that the United States has become too permissive of destructive internal rhetoric. Too many Americans are complaining about America, & rather than doing something to change it for the better, they choose to make America weaker.

Like my dad used to say, "Byachin' is easy - anybody can byach. Doin' stuff. That takes character.". TropicalSVT, thanks for doin' stuff!

<S> (salute)
Posted By: civic_smoker Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 10:56 PM

Lol well the drinking thing was the fault of my own inability to express my opinion on the matter. Its ok to drink , you just shouldnt have to do it everytime you go somewhere.

I am anal about driving infractions to an extent. Because you risk my life , and other innocent peoples lives doing stupid [censored] like 106 in a 70. But I admit that sometimes I drive fast , but I dont do it in a manner to really endanger anyone but me. You are one boring SOB.

**theres nothing for me to insult

it was the freeway, everybody was doing 90-95 anyways . and i have complete confidence in my driving abilities, not to be cocky or anything, but i wasnt posing a danger to anyone but me. however, i never speed on city streets if i can help it.
Posted By: TropicalSVT_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/03/03 10:59 PM
Originally posted by tiv:
but many people seem to miss that he probably lives in
America because he believes that he has a small word in
telling what is right or wrong, maybe he also believes that
it is possible to change laws which are disliked by many.

Many people here seem to be happy to dictate others what to
do and what is right or wrong and tell them to leave 'their'
country at the first place. This country used to be built
by democratic values, and not by sending people away, but
accepting them. Looks like this country no longer needs that
spirit which builded a nation "e pluribus unum".

By no means am I telling him to leave the country. I am merely suggesting that to him because his view is not shared by the populus of this country. If he wants things his way all the time, maybe he should move to a country that supports such illicit behavior. The vast majority of the people in this country do not support the legalization of drugs. The vast majority of people in this country do not support reckless drivers. The vast majority of people in this country support law enforcement and the laws that they enforce. If that wasn't the case, then those laws would not be in place. This is the beauty of the republic that we live in.
Posted By: tiv_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/04/03 12:04 AM
The vast majority of the people in this country do not support the legalization of drugs. The vast majority of people in this country do not support reckless drivers. The vast majority of people in this country support law enforcement and the laws that they enforce. If that wasn't the case, then those laws would not be in place. This is the beauty of the republic that we live in.

I think this is the major point of difference between our
opinions. If that what you're saying would be 100% correct,
prohibition, racial discrimination would be still in place,
women didn't have the right to vote etc. because (as your
logic follows) there was a point in time when the vast
majority of people supported those ideas thereby making
them into laws. Fortunately these laws have changed, because
there were certain individuals (in minority at the beginning)
who raised these questions and slowly managed to convince
the "vast majority".
Who knows, 20 years from now maybe people will think
about today's drug laws like we think about prohibition.

Same thing about speed limits: I believe with the advance
of technology speed limits should increase in general (they
did in the last 50 years). But for that to happen, there
needs to be voices dissatisfied with current ones, because
it won't happen just by itself.

T.
Posted By: cvkillacontour98 Re: TICKETED - 09/04/03 04:47 AM
sorry i type in the dark and have big hands.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/05/03 03:22 AM
Tell me, Lithium, is ignorance really bliss?

I guess you would have to kind of know me to not be able to say that im ignorant but i see what ur saying. But, if you thought a little outside of the box, saw the point i was trying to make, instead of fingering your a$$hole while reading through what i had to say, then you would see what point I was trying to make! Some of you out there are worthless, and since I was pretty busy with school and work, coming back here to catch up on the thread and read your senseless b$ was a waste of my time. Im not gonna go through all my stories of stupid cops, because you would start the finger-work again.
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: TICKETED - 09/05/03 03:42 AM
litium , you keep TRYING to be nice ,but you always fall back to the ashole ways.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/05/03 03:57 AM
litium , you keep TRYING to be nice ,but you always fall back to the ashole ways.

If I were trying to be nice, I wouldnt say anything at all. Normally im an ok guy, until I run into somebody that I realllllllllllllly realllllllllly disagree with, or just dont like.
Posted By: DimitriPopov Re: TICKETED - 09/05/03 04:00 AM

If I were trying to be nice, I wouldnt say anything at all. Normally im an ok guy, until I run into somebody that I realllllllllllllly realllllllllly disagree with, or just dont like.

Ouch , my feelings

lol
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: TICKETED - 09/05/03 04:32 AM
all-in-all... you seem like a nice "sober-non-speeder-with-too-much-to-prove".

Posted By: 2kSVT Re: TICKETED - 09/05/03 05:26 AM
Hi, kids..I would like to say that I am one of these"pigs", some of you speak of. I personnaly know Dimitri and he will tell you I'm a pretty cool person, despite the fact I have a curly tail! I have said it before,there are some cops that abuse the power given them.This makes people believe we are all a$$holes.I work in Dayton,Oh, and have worked for 2 other agencies. Some small depts. use traffic to " pay the bills". Anyone who wonders why we are never there when you need them. I challenge you to do a ride along in a large city near you, and see why they aren't there. I, just Tuesday night spent 5 hours of a ten hour shift on a homicide. I was second on the scene and watched another officer hold a towel to the neck of a 22 year old guy that was shot, sitting in a car with his girlfriend. I had to tell this guy he was gonna be o.k., as his blood pumped out,despite my efforts to control it. Then I got to sit with the girl friend,covered in his blood and try to find out who did this.Some of you [censored] about getting a ticket for driving like an a$$,guess what in Suburbia that's what cops do.

Most speed traps are the product of grants, which means those officers are on a zero tolerance assignment because of accident figures. Alibies,the seat belt is not a moving violation and is no points,just $ out of your pocket.

Civicsmoker, I didn't know an imaginary 62' Vette would do a 105.Or were you driving the neighbors BMW.

Being a cop is a thankless job,try going to work and think that most everyone you come in contact with,secretly hates you and some would like nothing more than to see you dead. That's my job as a PIG. Sorry for the rant.

Rod
Posted By: BURNTU2_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/05/03 06:18 AM
I don't believe half the bullchit that is posted in this thread. I think a lot of these stories are fabricated or stretching the truth, especially when it comes to diss'in the cops. Sure there are a few bad cops out there, but 90% of them are decent hard working men who uphold the law and who put their lives on the line to protect your families, your girlfriends/wives, and even your stupid worthless asses. You are all very disrespectful in calling any officer a "pig"...not only that you all deserved the tickets you received, whether you feel it was a minor violation or not, it's still breaking the law. I apologize to any police officer who read this thread and I am personally embarrassed to be part of generation "Ignorant". As for the idiot who originally posted this, I don't buy your sad story, and I'm glad you were ticketed, because you should be fined for your stupidity.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: TICKETED - 09/05/03 10:02 AM
alright.... some of the things the complainers here i agree with.

the cops in my town usually are real slow to get anywhere. i don't know why. i have a scanner in my car, and sometimes i go near where they are supposed to go (like "bat in house", i'm not gonna go to something serious), and i get there repeatedly quicker than they do. i deliver pizza, so i pretty much know the town like the back of my hand.

well, there are also cops that flick on their lights to go through red lights and then shut them off and drive, doing nothing. that is abuse of their power, i can't do that, why can they? (remember, they have no reason...)

also, i get pulled over for the stupidest crap. it's just becuase they know i'm a teen, so they wanna "teach me a lesson". for example, a certain cop here is hard on teens, he's personally pulled me over several times. last time i got pulled over was for having red leds as my licence plate fastner. (he said i can only have white near my plate), what a load of bs. they weren't even bright, plus they were on the back, which i recall from iowa code: rear lights can be red, white, or amber color.

now, i think the rest of the cops are doing an excellent job. there is one cop that saw us when he was riding his motorcycle and joked to the other guy loudly "heh, i'll bet they're in there smokin WEED!!!" just cause he's a cool guy and can relate to kids (i don't and would never smoke weed, btw) in fact, i wanna be a cop. there is just something about being a cop that i like. i actually have an app in front of me right now for florida highway patrol.

alright, also, i'm not a bad driver, but i'm impatient. i wanna get everywhere real quick, no matter where "it" is. i don't know why i am, but i am. and i'm not agressive, either, unless i encounter an obviously stupid driver, then i pass them as quick as i can to avoid them hitting me. also, my brother pointed out, i'm not afraid of cops, that's why i drive like i do. but i APPRECIATE what cops do.

now, in chicago, we were on I-88, and we had the speedo maxed on the 92 grand marquis we were driving (probly doin 90-95), and we were getting passed left and right by everything, cops, cars, junk crap, and even panel vans. can you guess the speed limit? 45! and we were getting passed by everyone doin 90!

oh, and my city also wanted to set up a skate park, but decided against it becuase the OLD people on the council didn't think they should cater to skaters. i have not met 1 (!) skater that was a bad person. they're not destructive as long as they can skate, gives them something worthwhile to do. i'd rather them be skating and grinding than getting into real trouble.
Posted By: Renee_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/05/03 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BURNTU2:
I don't believe half the bullchit that is posted in this thread. I think a lot of these stories are fabricated or stretching the truth, especially when it comes to diss'in the cops. Sure there are a few bad cops out there, but 90% of them are decent hard working men who uphold the law and who put their lives on the line to protect your families, your girlfriends/wives, and even your stupid worthless asses. You are all very disrespectful in calling any officer a "pig"...not only that you all deserved the tickets you received, whether you feel it was a minor violation or not, it's still breaking the law. I apologize to any police officer who read this thread and I am personally embarrassed to be part of generation "Ignorant". As for the idiot who originally posted this, I don't buy your sad story, and I'm glad you were ticketed, because you should be fined for your stupidity.

Burnt, please drink some Chamomille tea and calm down. I already tried this argument with them and it doesn't work. They don't care, and still want to call the police "pigs". It's annoying, but they will learn, or they will be one of those idiots who goes around all their lives in paranoia thinking the cops are always out to get them Oh well.
2kSVT, thank you so much for your insight. I totally understand where you are coming from. One night I came along on an accident scene about 10 seconds after it happened. It took the police a few minutes to get there, but I also understand they might have been across town on patrol or coming from the little side station they have, but others must remember, much of the problem with it taking a bit for police to arrive are the MORONS on the road in their own happy little worlds, not paying attention to the fact there's a cop coming up behind them or trying to get around them, or they plain don't care.
A few weeks back, I saw a Fire Chief, lights & sirens blazing away, coming down a 3 lane highway. I moved over, as did a lot of folks, but I also did see SEVERAL people who didn't bother...... including 2 semi drivers. The chief wasn't on their a$$, so they can't use that excuse they didn't see him, they just didn't bother to move because they were turning AFTER where the chief had to turn. They were in the left lane and could have at least pulled to the left into the grass. This stuff pi$$es me off to no end, and you wonder why it takes so long for police and medical personel to get to the scene. Think before you open your mouths dogging the police or anyone else like that. Think about the traffic you drive through everyday, and remember, that's the same traffic these guys have to drive through to get to the scene of an emergency.
Oh yeah, a bat in someone's house does NOT count as an emergency, so of course they are not going to speed to it, and with your track record, I can see why you would get there before the cops. If you are so idiotic to do 42 in a school zone, then you obviously don't care about other's safety, only yourself.
I thank ALL police for doing thier jobs. I don't personally know of any bad cops, although I am sure they are out there.

I think it's time to lock this thread now. The dead horse has been beaten enough.
Posted By: zzzqqq Re: TICKETED - 09/05/03 02:38 PM
Add a turbo so you can out run the pig
Posted By: TourDeForce Link to skate park construction - 09/05/03 06:15 PM
Here is a link to the construction progress pages of the Abacoa Skate Park. It is a part of the Jupiter South Community Park project near Roger Dean Stadium. We've got the Cinema 8 Theaters there too, & free live bands at the Theater on the Green almost every weekend. Not to mention the BEACHES.

http://www.jupiter.fl.us/Engineering/PARKS%20PAGES/South%20Jupiter%20Community%20Park%20Progress.htm
Posted By: dredwingz03 Re: Link to skate park construction - 09/05/03 09:26 PM
There's obviously two kinds of police officers. Good and bad. The only time I have ever been pulled over, was at 3am driving straight home from the lake. I wasn't speeding at all, actually a few mph below the speed limit, and the cop came flying up from behind me turned his lights on and pulled me over right there. He asked me what I was doing out so late and gave me a warning for speeding as an excuse to pull me over. Now that type of thing is was makes people call police officer pigs, but like everyone else said most of them aren't that way. Whever I see a cop I think of the courageous police officers and firefighters that gave their lives to save others on 9/11. That is what most police officers are like, and I would like to thank them all.
Posted By: alibies Re: Link to skate park construction - 09/05/03 10:01 PM
can i get this thread deleted?
i didnt not mean to have all this "pig" talk... it was not the reason i posted... the reason i did was to see if anyone had anyclue how ohio handles juv-punishments.... i have a no turnsignal and a no seatbelt charge and i was woundering what possibly would be the punishment... thats all i wanted :-(
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: TICKETED - 09/06/03 07:47 AM
If you are so idiotic to do 42 in a school zone, then you obviously don't care about other's safety, only yourself.

umm.... WTF???

i know that was to me.... cause you read my post on insurance, and decided i was a bad person. i'll bet you didn't even read my post, you just saw my name and decided i was a bad person. thing is, there were no cars OR people there, it was like 2 hours after school was out, and i was late to work AND i only had my licence for a month.

did you see what i said, "but i APPRECIATE what cops do." probly not. and no, i'm not angry for you saying that, but it was word usage that actually made me a little sad that people have so much hatred.

also, guess what i wanna be.... you guessed it "A COP!!!", why, CAUSE I APPRECIATE THEM. plus people (even old people that think like above...) say i would be a good cop, it's also a family thing, lots of cops/fbi people on both mother's and father's side.

-----------

hey alibies i agree, there is WAY too much trash talk on here, but you can probly get those tickets dropped in court. the cop was probly trying to be a hard ass.

less than a month ago, i got pulled over by an iowa state partrol officer becuase he couldn't see i was wearing my seatbelt from behind. as soon as he came to the car, he was like "oh, you are wearing your seatbelt...".

my guess is tell the judge exactly what happened, and he'll probly drop the no turn signal/seatbelt, unless he too is a hard ass.
Posted By: Renee_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/06/03 03:22 PM
Originally posted by insayne_kokane:
If you are so idiotic to do 42 in a school zone, then you obviously don't care about other's safety, only yourself.

umm.... WTF???

i know that was to me.... cause you read my post on insurance, and decided i was a bad person. i'll bet you didn't even read my post, you just saw my name and decided i was a bad person. thing is, there were no cars OR people there, it was like 2 hours after school was out, and i was late to work AND i only had my licence for a month.

Ok wait....... if it was that late after school hours, then you should not have gotten a ticket. What was up with that?

Anyway, the only reason I said you were idiotic was if you were going 42 in a 25 school zone when kids are supposed to be there, then you really don't care about others.
Now I have to wonder, was the officer just bored and decided to ticket you when it wasn't time, or is it a 25 zone 24/7. If it is a 25 zone 24/7 then you deserved it, but if not, then you should have fought that.
Speed doesn't make you a bad person. Shoot, I speed every now & then, everyone does. Even the heavenliest of ministers will speed. I only decide I think someone is a moron due to their actions.
Speeding = Not Moron
Speeding in a school zone full of kids = MORON

Anyway, I apologize if the ticket was not warranted, I do not apologize if it was.
Posted By: sigma Re: TICKETED - 09/06/03 04:28 PM
Quote:

can i get this thread deleted?
i didnt not mean to have all this "pig" talk... it was not the reason i posted... the reason i did was to see if anyone had anyclue how ohio handles juv-punishments.... i have a no turnsignal and a no seatbelt charge and i was woundering what possibly would be the punishment... thats all i wanted :-(

The cop was probably trying to be a nice guy and only give you a no seatbelt instead of a speeding ticket. As long as you're cool about getting pulled over and can admit you were speeding, the cops will do it all the time.

No seatbelt is a 0-pointer unlike speeding which in Texas now is a 2-pointer (big insurance hit), so you make out, and the fine is probably less too. I'd guess you're looking at anywhere from $75-150. No seatbelt here in Texas is, I think, $85.
Posted By: alibies Re: TICKETED - 09/06/03 05:31 PM
what about in ohio ... oh yeah.... there was a no turnsignal in there too :-( i admit the turn signal.... and i dont admit the seatbelt... come cort day i will say i admit it tho...:-\... fighting it just will make the other fine worse... :-(
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: TICKETED - 09/06/03 11:01 PM
Take your lumps and move along.
Posted By: 2kSVT Re: TICKETED - 09/07/03 05:13 AM
Since your a juvenile..your fate is in the hands of the judge. Some tips,dress nice,and look like a productive member of society. Respect his position(yes sir/no sir).
Just tell him the truth..he's heard all of the excuses.
Like I and someone else said, these aren't "moving" violations.They give you no points..12 points=No License in Ohio.

Rod
Posted By: alibies Re: TICKETED - 09/07/03 04:44 PM
thanks guys ... i get so nervous when it comes to the law... expecially when my license could be taken away... :-( i love to drive... and i fear fast speed... but that dosnt mean i dont love my car...
© CEG Archives