Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: shaved tour what a great day! - 08/13/03 03:19 PM
getting ready to leave for work, and thought my car was really loud. so I got right back out to look at my muffler, yep sure is loud some A__H___! stole my muffler....

Well hope your hump day is better than mine.
Later Nick

And just to let you guys know it was an A-PEX muffler,
later guys have a good day.
Posted By: MotorCity Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 03:24 PM
Stole your muffler? They cut it off?

You know things are not going well when someone steals your muffler.

Please tell me your muffler bearing is at least still there. If not, I have the hook up on them. Shoot me a PM.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 03:30 PM
Wow that sucks. Honestly, though, who steals a muffler?

Was the muffler visible from a normal standing position outside the car? I know I can't see muffler on either of my cars unless I actually bend over to look. Makes me think either someone heard your car and knew you had an aftermarket muffler, or it was someone you know (maybe a vague acquaintance) that knew you modded the car. A friend of mine had his whole multi-thousand dollar stereo system stolen from his car a few years ago. Funny thing is, the thief knew exactly where he hid his amp and had all the appropriate tools to take out the front passenger seat and unmount the amp as well as the well-secured head unit (i.e. not your typical "smash and grab" thief). My friend still contends it was someone he knew, or a friend-of-a-friend that knew about the value of his stereo.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 03:37 PM
Well are you NOT going to notice a huge Apex-i muffler sticking out hetfield?
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 04:04 PM
I don't know, I've never seen one that I specifically knew was an Apex-i muffler; that's why I asked. To me, its just like a gigantic wing: it doesn't interest me all that much and I'm never putting one on my car, so I don't bother to learn the brands and models.
Posted By: shaved tour Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 04:29 PM
Well I don't have pics. yet, but my rear bumper is a little different than a normal SE, well how do I discribe it..... well the bottom of the bumper is notched out and it has a fabericated side pcs. that make the car almost as low as the side skirts. The reason I had a apex- is because you can see from behind and I need all the little ponys I can get out of the little 4-banger, not as some of you may think it not to be a so called ricer,(I drive a ford not an import) and to let my friends here at ceg the apex- muffler is a big difference, I have tried several different kinds.
I will try and get pics of my car soon for you guys.
Later nick
Posted By: ElKy Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 04:36 PM
was the muffler welded on or only clamped on?
Posted By: cwcsvt1 Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 05:16 PM
well if it was someone you know, either they are gonna sell it, or put it on their car, any of them have a car it could fit on?
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 05:53 PM
happened to me in high school on my galant. i was pissed, sounded beast though
Posted By: Bullet Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
was the muffler welded on or only clamped on?

That's what I would like to know.
This is the wierdest thing I have ever heard.
Posted By: shaved tour Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 07:11 PM
sorry, yeah it sure was welded on, well it was welded, i think they use a really big set of bolt cutters, b/c the pipe is pinched off clean, and the hanger has a clean looking pinched look to it to, Well it's so bad that I just ordered another one, its by far the worst souding thing.
Later Nick
Posted By: ezsvt Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 08:18 PM
wow...i never heard of anything like that. Next time you'll need to weld that sucker to the frame or something!?
Posted By: Corbett_dup1 Re: what a great day! - 08/13/03 08:44 PM
Who steals a $50 muffler? Honestly!
Posted By: shaved tour Re: what a great day! - 08/14/03 12:16 PM
Well I'am sorry to tell you but your not even close by saying $50 muffler, if you think its 50 bucks I need to know who can by a apex-i muffler for that.
© CEG Archives