Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: EvlBill What would you do? - 07/30/03 06:42 PM

what to do?
can you say, project car!
don't bother

My bro's 95SE (used to be mine) is pretty dead, it would cost him $3500 for it to be repaired. I don't know the specifics but that was for all three converters (the cat and both precats?), a broken engine mount, and some other things.

I can get it for $300, which is very tempting. I'm really torn, part of me wants to buy it and do either a 3L or some sort of FI, suspension, and everything else I don't feel comfortable doing on my daily driver.

Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: What would you do? - 07/30/03 06:47 PM
if you have the cash hook that biotch up

EDIT: how about the first ever V-8 Contour, and it would come right out of Northern VA!!!
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: What would you do? - 07/30/03 06:47 PM
Do you have the Space/Money/Time for a project car ? If so then if you think this is something you can fix up and into a nice project then go for it.
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: What would you do? - 07/30/03 06:56 PM
For $300? Buy it, stow it in some garage space, and start planning out an autocross car. That way you can part out at least some of the bits of the car to pay for the good stuff.
Posted By: Kasey Chang Re: What would you do? - 07/30/03 09:16 PM
I doubt you need all 3 cats. Engine mounts aren't that expensive (maybe $150 each for front/rear). Get engine codes and see what pops up. Bet you can fix it for less.
Posted By: Bullet Re: What would you do? - 07/30/03 11:59 PM
I'd say go for it. If I could get my hands on another Contour/Mystique for $300, I would be all over it.
© CEG Archives