Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Kung Fu Troll SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 02:41 PM
I'm not making this post to beat a dead horse. I just didn't get a chance to say anything.

Since the CSVT came out I had wanted one. Pretty badly. I test drove them frequently and had mixed emotions. No torque for example.

One day a salesman suggested I drive a standard V6. I didn't want to but he was going to let me drive an SVT afterwards. So I said OK. Let me say I was stunned. The similar torque but lower in the rev range was impressive. It had that great duratec sound, just quieter. And it handled pretty darn well. I couldn't believe it. Even I started questioning the merits of the SVT. Was it really not that much better?

We come back and jump into a Silver Frost. The seats were squeaky and loud. Driving around town the SE simply had better pull. The torquey feeling from the standard V6 was missing. I wanted to like it but the car was just asleep.

We finally get a stretch of open road and the difference finally became apparent. You have to let this sucker rev. And rev it did. The tach spun way quicker and the car just came into its own. I started grinning and couldn't stop. I didn't want to take it back.

My feeling is that the SVT is not superior. If it had 40-50 more horses, an lsd, bigger brakes and stiffer suspension than maybe. But it doesn't. We basically got a watered down version of what it could have been.

But SVT must have done something right to make this car so coveted. Maybe its just the intangibles. Maybe just personal preference. If I had never driven the SE, maybe I would have the attitude. But I have, so I don't. Its a fun car. Just giving respect where it is due.

-R-

Posted By: thejms Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 02:45 PM
Who exactly are you trying to convince here? Those of us with SVT's are not goin to say 'ohh damn my svt sucks now, I think I am goin to sell it for a SE'....it isnt gonna happen.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 02:48 PM
ummmmm i'm just wondering what th hell this has to do with general mods??????
Posted By: Kung Fu Troll Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 02:48 PM
Not trying to convince anybody. Just stating my experience.

-R-
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Richard David:
My feeling is that the SVT is not superior.

Ok, so why did you buy one then?
Posted By: BBorges_dup1 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Richard David:
Not trying to convince anybody. Just stating my experience.

-R-

And I honestly thank you for that.

I have in front of me two contour for sale: 98 SE & a SVT, and I was debating which way to go.

I was already going for the SE (only because it had lower mileage and it was cleaner) but I want the SVT at the same time. Your experience is helping me look at things more rationally than "visually".

Posted By: Mod-deth Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 03:04 PM
What ever floats your boat...but the SE will not take to mods nearly as well as the SVT (smaller TB/UIM/LIM and milder cam), nor will you stop as well, nor will you enjoy all the interior features. Nor will you enjoy the front air dam, side skirts, or rear.

Perhaps the SVT needed a good general tune-up? Perhaps it had some sh*tty gas?

But having owned both...I can tell you...when I jumped into the SVT..I was like..."Now here's the real McCoy..."
Posted By: Kung Fu Troll Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 03:05 PM
Do you really think your car is SUPERIOR ? Stand back and look at the cars objectively. I think my car is BETTER. Not SUPERIOR.
If you look at my 1st post I mentioned intangibles. Fact is, you can make a standard Contour look as good or make it as fast as an SVT. For less money at that. How are our SVTs superior?

E46 M3 - superior to E46 330. Significant difference.
CSVT vs Reg. V6. Show me the significant difference that makes it so superior.

-R-
Posted By: Kung Fu Troll Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 03:07 PM
Look at my post. Its obvious I preferred the SVT. I'm just wondering why people are making it sound like its a totally different car.

-R-
Posted By: Driver Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 03:17 PM
If you think the SE with a 5 speed is faster than a 2000 SVT, I think there is something wrong with your SVT. We have to be talking stock for stock though. I agree with you up to about 4,000 to 5,000 RPM but after that the SVT pulls harder. I own a 2000 SVT and in my experience the SVT is a little high strung. Meaning a small problem that would only slightly affect most cars performance, affects my SVT more. I know when I clean my fuel injectors in my SVT; it feels to be a bigger difference in performance than other cars I have owned. I have no time slips to prove this. I have raced a stock V-6 5 speed SE and I was faster. If we hard to shift at 4,000 to 5,000 RPM, the race would be very close. Of course I shifted close to red line, where the peak SVT horsepower is. My SVT is stock expect for the DMD.
Posted By: BBorges_dup1 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Driver:
If you think the SE with a 5 speed is faster than a 2000 SVT,

i didn't read he saying that.....
Posted By: Kung Fu Troll Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 03:30 PM
Ummm... thats what I said. SE feels torqueier down low, SVT pulls harder at the top. A friend in town has a faster SE than my SVT. Top end I still pull away.
Would I trade my SVT. Heck no! I just dislike the superiority complex.

-R-
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 03:50 PM
the original thread was started by a jacka$$ that just wanted to start some sh*t and has carried over to here. the idiot in the original thread only said that b/c he wanted to get trouble a brewin'. the reason why people prefer the SVT is b/c it's an SVT, same thing with a Z06 corvette, sure you can make a regular corvette into a Z06, but it's the name that you are paying for. just my take on it though, everything has strong points and weak points.
Posted By: Kung Fu Troll Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 04:17 PM
Agreed. Let's just drop it.

-R-
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 04:20 PM
If I would have known there was a SVT model of the Contour I would have got that instead of my Zetec ATX....but after hearing and seeing all the problems with it I like my slow Zetec. Looks way better than my car though.
Posted By: 97CS Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 04:27 PM
Really, regardless of what you all are saying, when an admin locks a post, that typically means let it the #%&* go.
Posted By: The Davis Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 05:26 PM
Don't you know you can't say anything negative about the SVT here?? I'm sorry for those of us that bought something other than an SVT - we are all scum The ability to write a check for that car instead of this one makes those with an SVT better people.

But seriously, I love these kind of threads. It really blows up the egos of those guys w/ "SVT # of #" in their sig.
Posted By: I8RICE Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 05:28 PM
just to through in my 2 sence here i have ran against and seen a lot of svt's run and i am just as fast or even faster than some in the 1/4 mile that is and all i have is a 98 gl v6 5sp with a few bolt ons. the plus side to my situation is a spent only 3500 dollars for my car and roughly only 1000 bucks for mods so that is pretty dang cheap if ya ask me. the big down fall is it is just a plain old contour and nothing fancy looking but what the hell ya get waht ya pay for right. i just figured i bought the car for a daily driver and didn't need another fancy vehicle to worry about some jackass messing with.
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 05:29 PM
wow fellas, if your all jealous of the SVT's go buy one. Thats all I get out of this bunk thread.
Posted By: The Davis Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 05:42 PM
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
wow fellas, if your all jealous of the SVT's go buy one. Thats all I get out of this bunk thread.

See...that's the problem. If someone doesn't put your ass on high just because you drive an SVT you think they're jealous. Speaking for myself; I'm not. I have friends with SVTs and can get my fill of them anytime I want. I considered buying one last year, but got to thinking about all the issues I've read about and seen firsthand (secondaries sticking, oil starvation, water pump) and decided I'd rather just keep my reliable old Zetec and work with it.

My point is: if you have an SVT; great. But you didn't do anything special. You bought a friggin' car. You wrote a check. Drop the attitude and come down here w/ the rest of us and hang out; you may enjoy our company (and *gasp* learn something).
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 05:46 PM
My SVT pulls way harder than my slushbox Sport. It also handles better, brakes better, squeaks less, looks shinier, growls louder (and that's with a CAI on the Sport) and feels tighter and more responsive. I'm happy.

I guess I'll have to take one of the local NECO guys' Cougars out to see how a regular 5-speed compares, but according to ov3n (who has a number of mods on his 2.5) my SVT is a shave better.

Of course, this trash-talking is all being done on the most inaccurate dyno of them all -- the butt dyno. Why do people have to be such haters lately?
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 05:53 PM
All I see is bull [censored].....Who cares if its an SVT or a SE....A Contours a Contour. Same goes with Contours and Cougars.

Now i love my car, not the SVT Name plate, but my car.
I wanted it becasue of the extra power and touque it had...since i got it i have droped over 5 grand into the car (only 800 in exterior and interior mods).

I don;t see car as better than anyone elses. Faster, maybe....but that all depends on what people do to there contours and if people can drive.

This whole arguement is just to get people pissed off....just forget about it. I did comparestock SVT to SE v6 both 5 speeds before i bought the SVT...>And i noticed a very appearant diffrence in power infavor of the SVT.

But that was my experience.

Personally, i ahve no problem with peoples opinions on my car in general. But you have to understand that some people will feel like they have to respond to you comments in a defensive manner. Yous hsould have realized this before you posted your statement.

Good Luck

Roz
Posted By: Freakshow Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:10 PM
Originally posted by D Davis:
Don't you know you can't say anything negative about the SVT here?? I'm sorry for those of us that bought something other than an SVT - we are all scum The ability to write a check for that car instead of this one makes those with an SVT better people.

But seriously, I love these kind of threads. It really blows up the egos of those guys w/ "SVT # of #" in their sig.

I really haven't noticed too many people on these boards trying to act like they are better than others because they have an SVT. Get a friggin grip man this is CONTOUR enthusiast group not SVT ot SE enthusiast group. We're all on the same side.I bought my SVT beacuse I liked the extra styling and handling and I really don't give 2 sh!ts about which is faster/better etc etc. Honestly it sounds to me like you have an inferiority complex which is really not necessary...just like bashing fellow CEGers is NOT necessary or warranted. I'm so sorry I am proud of my car and it was limited production and I put the # in my sig...if that bothers you then too friggin bad fella but don't trash people simply by what car they drive that's just plain ignorant.
Posted By: tomtoursvt Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:21 PM
This post is so emberASSing.

I hope nobody from any other sites comes over and looks at this post.

We all now SVT's are superior!!!!

j/k
Posted By: The Davis Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:24 PM
If you haven't noticed it then you haven't been on the boards long.

Why would I have an inferiority complex? I do okay for myself and like I said - I almost bought an SVT last year.

It is a Contour board, which is why the attitudes I've seen expressed here and there irritate me to no end. I do want that cohesion we should have to exist, but you're blind if you think it does.

And about the "SVT # of #" thing. That in itself doesn't bother me, I was using that to illustrate I was talking about SVT owners and not regular Duratec owners.

But in the end I care less and less about this place.
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:34 PM
It really blows up the egos of those guys w/ "SVT # of #" in their sig.

hold on just a damn minute, are you referring to me???

you guys are letting that DuMass who has been banned from this site, what 3 times now, get the best of you. i have never seen a thread where people gloat about their cars, whether it be SVT, SE, GL, LX, and say how much the other cars suck. i see people post pics, but that's just IMO to get ideas and constructive critisisms, relax
Posted By: tomtoursvt Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:34 PM
One question about this "general mod".

Is switching from an SE to an SVT a good general mod?

I think this "general mod" may make the insurance go up.
Posted By: The Davis Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:38 PM
Originally posted by tomtoursvt:

Now the thread is qualified to stay in this forum

Even though everyone probably thinks I'm a hater, I do believe for most that going from anything to SVT is a "general mod"
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:49 PM

I HATE YOU ALL!!! (Wonder if I can get a production certificate for my SE ... )

-------------------------------------
A VTEC would tech as many Vs as a VTEC could tech, if a VTEC could tech Vs
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:53 PM
I'm sellin' my SVT dammit!

Wait, I don't have one. &^(*^%()*

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:55 PM
My point is: if you have an SVT; great. But you didn't do anything special. You bought a friggin' car. You wrote a check. Drop the attitude and come down here w/ the rest of us and hang out; you may enjoy our company (and *gasp* learn something).

Ahem. Then why don't you just shut up.
Posted By: The Davis Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:56 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

You aren't supposed to answer that dammit!!!!!! Now I have to change it 'cause the secret's out
Posted By: tomtoursvt Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:58 PM
Hey TourDeForce.

I found your production certificate with your build # for you.

#563,742,572 of 7,999,564,872
Posted By: Captain Bart_dup1 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 06:59 PM
Posted By: FlechaAutoSports Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:09 PM

I believe it to be an excellent mod

are there any n/a 2.5L se's in south florida who wanna have a meet and greet little meet?
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:13 PM
Aighty... Everyone is bitching because someone has stated their opinion... Big deal Now if we're going to talk about going from zetec to svt, then yeah, it's a mod, an upgraded mod. V6 to svt... anyone can easily change a few things around and boom, you're there. Either way then, it's a mod.
Posted By: BBorges_dup1 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Stolon #05:
Aighty... Everyone is bitching because someone has stated their opinion... Big deal Now if we're going to talk about going from zetec to svt, then yeah, it's a mod, an upgraded mod. V6 to svt... anyone can easily change a few things around and boom, you're there. Either way then, it's a mod.

hey YO !!

Don't put the ZETECers in that discussion !!

It ain't a performance mod to go from a Zetec to a SVT ( )

what are you trying to imply ???

WANNA RACE babe ??? Let me call that Seagulf guy with his Nitro-Turboed Zetec.... he he he.....
Posted By: The Davis Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:23 PM
Originally posted by BBorges:
Seagulf

I thought it was Seawulf...
Posted By: Freakshow Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:34 PM
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
It really blows up the egos of those guys w/ "SVT # of #" in their sig.

hold on just a damn minute, are you referring to me???

you guys are letting that DuMass who has been banned from this site, what 3 times now, get the best of you. i have never seen a thread where people gloat about their cars, whether it be SVT, SE, GL, LX, and say how much the other cars suck . i see people post pics, but that's just IMO to get ideas and constructive critisisms, relax

That was my point exactly...of course this thread and the dumbass who started all of this in the previous thread I am not counting. I would sure like Davis to show us all some examples of SVT owners on here putting down non-svt owners since apparently it happens so often. How about a link or 12 to some of these alleged threads? I think it's an embarrasment to these boards that CEGers are bashing each other like this.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:39 PM
Originally posted by BBorges:

hey YO !!

Don't put the ZETECers in that discussion !!

It ain't a performance mod to go from a Zetec to a SVT ( )

what are you trying to imply ???

WANNA RACE babe ??? Let me call that Seagulf guy with his Nitro-Turboed Zetec.... he he he.....

What am I trying to say you ask? Well first of all I've had the luxury of being able to drive every model from zetec to duratec to svt on a pretty much a regular basis. How many have had the opportunity to have a zetec and an svt parked in their garage to drive on a regular basis and sometimes their friends SE duratec? YOU perhaps? I HAVE, and there IS quite a difference in upgrade between them. But, the svt is nothing more than an over glorified duratec, which is why I don't choose to dote on it because it appears to me that there is too much of that going on through out this site... Not that it really matters to me having both, if that is the case, but it does seem to me that a majority of the ppl on here w/ svt's tend to make the people on here w/o svt's feel a little inferior. And that's what goes all over me... The svt isnt' so "special" in many ways... SVT didn't fine tune it enough in my book. They could of made it something that really stood out, but instead, they left it lacking when it should of been something more. Then there would have been a greater difference. So much for "special vehicle team"...
Posted By: The Davis Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:41 PM
Geez, you ppl. think I bookmark the threads or something? They're usually just random comments. I've even brought this up to SVT owners that see it.

What I'm talking about is something that I've noticed over time. And the original intent wasn't that they outright bash the others all the time, but there's a level of big-headedness that seems to come from the SVT crowd.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:43 PM
Geez, you ppl. think I bookmark the threads or something? They're usually just random comments. I've even brought this up to SVT owners that see it.

What I'm talking about is something that I've noticed over time. And the original intent wasn't that they outright bash the others all the time, but there's a level of big-headedness that seems to come from the SVT crowd.

Be it intentional or not, it does tend to come across that way...
Posted By: tomtoursvt Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:49 PM
Stolon-
Just because you have probably been beat by a few SVTs, doesn't mean your Contour isn't neat too.

[Censored], maybe we need to have a haters and bashers forum.

BTW, I'll be down in Vegas this weekend if you would like to see how special the SVT is against your car in the 1/4 mile.

I should probably de-badge my SVT because of the lack of performance the SVT has not making it worthy of the SVT name.

I'm not trying to be a snob, I just want to show you the special difference between the engines.
Posted By: BBorges_dup1 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:53 PM

Be it intentional or not, it does tend to come across that way...

I wanna DIE !!!

To be ZETEC or not to be....

That is the question...

Whether its nobler in the mind to suffer

slowly in a world of furious and fast...

or to take arms and opposing them...

to DIE, Become a SVT

Posted By: The Davis Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:56 PM
Stolon-
Just because you have probably been beat by a few SVTs, doesn't mean your Contour isn't neat too.

[Censored], maybe we need to have a haters and bashers forum.

You lack reading comprehension - he owns one of each
Posted By: tomtoursvt Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 07:58 PM
Right, I only saw his picture of the non-SVT.
Posted By: ScottK Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 08:06 PM
You are all wrong - if you don't drive a modified 95-97 SE with an MTX you just plain s@ck (specifically in black with leather and sunroof)

Less of those were made than SVT's too.

ScottK 97 black SE MTX w/ leather, sunroof, 4 wheel disc w/ abs, power everything, dual lighted visors, 60/40 rear split with fold down armrest, and lots of mods too

#1 of 1

Posted By: BStoneMega Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 08:09 PM
I have never ever seen any type of "big-headedness" by the SVT owners here. I read alot of post too. I think people here are Contour enthusiast not SVT enthusiast. Personally, contours turn my head no matter what trim level. But, SVT wouldn't be around if they didn't do something to the vehicles, something doesn't only include engine modifications either.
Posted By: 97CS Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 08:12 PM
Would an admin just please lock this thread? And ban (for a week or so) the next person to start a new thread on the same subject. It's getting old.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 08:24 PM
After browsing through this thread...I see that it tried to start out as an intelligent conversation but the first couple posts quickly changed that.

And I would just like to say...They both suck! ZETECS WIN!
Posted By: BBorges_dup1 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 08:44 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

Posted By: The Davis Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 09:16 PM
Right, I only saw his picture of the non-SVT.

er, what? Now I lack reading comprehension so I'll post a pic.

Posted By: TourDeForce Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 09:21 PM
Hey TourDeForce.

I found your production certificate with your build # for you.

#563,742,572 of 7,999,564,872

LOL!! Mail it down man, Thanks!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 09:22 PM

You aren't supposed to answer that dammit!!!!!! Now I have to change it 'cause the secret's out

Sorry, I thought you were lookin' for .
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 09:25 PM

I've seen the odd comparison here & there, but I have NEVER seen a post where any SVT owner is bashing the SEs or GLs. If you're so sensitive to it, turn off your computer or go elsewhere. The rest of us enjoy CEG.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
After browsing through this thread...I see that it tried to start out as an intelligent conversation but the first couple posts quickly changed that.

DAMN YOU!! I HATE YOU TOO!! I'm sending my SE production certificate back just as soon as I get it!!

(Wonder where I can get a Ztec engine for my car...)
Posted By: The Davis Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 09:29 PM
I've seen the odd comparison here & there, but I have NEVER seen a post where any SVT owner is bashing the SEs or GLs. If you're so sensitive to it, turn off your computer or go elsewhere. The rest of us enjoy CEG.

Posted By: BStoneMega Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 10:07 PM
D Davis, those are a couple of sweet contours you have there.
Posted By: Dan Nixon_dup1 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 10:08 PM

(Wonder where I can get a Ztec engine for my car...)

My lawnmower!

Nice little SVT B&M cession you have going here, hope it is theraputic.
Posted By: akrump47 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 10:09 PM
I'm really getting tired of seeing "SVT is overrated, buy an SE and mod it" vs "SE is a stupid grocery getter, SVT is way better".

If you're an SE owner who thinks your car is just as good/better than an SVT, then FINE, good for you. Enjoy your car and the CEG.

If you own an SVT and think your contour is just the coolest thing, great, enjoy your car and the CEG.

As for myself, I wasnt interested in the SE because it was just too plain looking and quiet. Just my preference. There are people who put a pre-98 trunk on their SVT, because they like the looks. Since I think that looks ugly, should I start a thread about that too?

The SVT is at the top of the Contour food chain, but the SE isn't that far behind. There are good reasons for owning and buying both cars. Why don't we just leave it at that?

Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 10:19 PM

Sorry, I thought you were lookin' for .

so then.... now that we know about VTEC's, how about Zetec's?

oh yeah, and my car has an opinon:
I AM THE ZETEC, I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!!! I AM BETTER THAN THE DURATEC AND THE SVT, COMBINED!!!

ya know what, i'm just happy to own a contour. i don't care even if maybe a few SVT owners would like to brag and feel special, they paid the extra $$$ for the name anyway.

i feel i have no room to feel special, i have like #24,564,789.5 of 500,000,000 1996 GL Sport.... even though it's got the name, it's no better than a non sport, but i can still say to non sports: "I have a Sport, and you don't "
Posted By: The Davis Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 10:25 PM
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
D Davis, those are a couple of sweet contours you have there.

LMAO - they aren't mine, they're Stolon's! I was trying to get the point across he owns both and has an extremely valid opinion here.

But thanks anyway!
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 10:25 PM

so then.... now that we know about VTEC's, how about Zetec's?

oh yeah, and my car has an opinon:
I AM THE ZETEC, I AM THE BEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW!!! I AM BETTER THAN THE DURATEC AND THE SVT, COMBINED!!!

ya know what, i'm just happy to own a contour. i don't care even if maybe a few SVT owners would like to brag and feel special, they paid the extra $$$ for the name anyway.

i feel i have no room to feel special, i have like #24,564,789.5 of 500,000,000 1996 GL Sport.... even though it's got the name, it's no better than a non sport, but i can still say to non sports: "I have a Sport, and you don't "

This is the last thing i'll say. SVT is not just a name.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 10:32 PM
I'm not really trying to pick fights w/ anyone on here because really, it's not worth my time. All i'm getting at is that I have been fortunate enough to experience each of them and that in the end, the svt isn't as great as it was originally made out to be. Don't get me wrong, it's an extremely fun car to own and drive but my point is that it still could of been beefed up a little more in comparison to the standard duratec. That's all.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: SVT not so great-Part II - 07/30/03 10:54 PM
i guess i didn't word that quite right.... i meant that you paid more for a higher up model....

ya know what, i'm just happy to own a contour. i don't care even if maybe a few SVT owners would like to brag and feel special, they paid the extra $$$ for the BETTER PERFORMANCE AND name anyway.

© CEG Archives