Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
First off I am not going to name the other member at the moment because this just might be a misunderstanding, and I don't want it to go to far.

The reason I'm posting this is I would like for him to get in touch with me ASAP. I have left a few voicemails, and alot of PM's and not one has been answered

I payed for a product via PAYPAL on 6/25/03 for and agreed price of $650.00. The seller sent me a PM with a Tracking number through UPS. The tracking number did not work. I sent several Pm for the correct tracking number, However, I recieved a PM a week later stating that the package was returned to him, with the correct tracking #. although I was sent the supposive correct tracking number it was not even close to the first number sent. this raised an eyebrow. I contacted the seller via phone and we discussed the problem.

I then recieve a message stating the package was sent out 7/8/03 via USPS ground. i asked for a confirmation #, but still to date nothing has been provided to show any truth to this.

Flash forward to today - NOTHING HAS BEEN RECIEVED YET so im kind of pissed, and have not heard from the seller in 2 weeks.

The seller seems really cool, thats why I did not mention the product or his name b/c I'm hoping this can be all cleared up between us.

Thanks
Good luck!
Check your PMs...
Originally posted by LoCoZ2:
Good luck!

Thanks... I hate seeing hard earned money go like this.
Over a 100 views... anybody have any advice?
Go through paypal and start a investigation into fraud using paypal. They (paypal) are usually pretty good about getting your money back!
I had an issue with a CEGer who was selling through the classifieds. If it helps, we eventually got things straightened out and he sent my money back, but it was a huge hassle. We're actually looking to meet up in person and make the deal happen. I hope you're able to work this out like I was able to.

If not, you can try to dispute via Paypal, but from what others have said, there's a 30 day limit they impose on disputes. If you used a credit card to pay on Paypal, you can always call the CC company and dispute the charge.
I don't know why people can't just send the product when a person buys it from them.

It is not that difficult of a concept. You offer a service/product and someone pays you. You deliver the service/product as indicated.

If you can't deliver the service/product return the money or make sure the buyer is willing to wait.
It's weird how this stuff goes down. I've never had a problem until right now. I just sold a CEG'r a part and UPS says it was delivered and signed for last Friday and I just got an email that said he didn't get the part!

I'm thinking UPS messed up!

I hope this gets settled soon so that my name does not get pulled through the mudd!

Heck...I haven't even cashed the check yet! Maybe I should!!! Doh!!!
Originally posted by MotorCity:
I don't know why people can't just send the product when a person buys it from them.

It is not that difficult of a concept. You offer a service/product and someone pays you. You deliver the service/product as indicated.

If you can't deliver the service/product return the money or make sure the buyer is willing to wait.

I defintely know what you're saying. This isn't even the point of urgency. I'm willing to wait as this product will not be going the CSVT for a couple months. I would just like to kept in the loop on what's going on.
Originally posted by 99SVT - #91:

I defintely know what you're saying. This isn't even the point of urgency. I'm willing to wait as this product will not be going the CSVT for a couple months. I would just like to kept in the loop on what's going on.

Just be careful. The longer you wait, the less options you have, legally.
Originally posted by zgendron:

Just be careful. The longer you wait, the less options you have, legally.

Yep.. I'm gonna see if hear from him by this week, and if not I will contact the local authorities in his area. I've already filed with PAYPAL, so we'll see what happens. I really don't want to take it that far.
Just curious, what was the product? Also, if you've already talked to him on the phone, you must have his number, call him again(unless he called you the first time). Good luck.
Originally posted by MystiqueSVT:
I hope this gets settled soon so that my name does not get pulled through the mudd!

Well, look at it this way... When I buy something I expect problems to happen every once in a while. UPS is good for making mistakes. So if I were the person who bought from you, I wouldn't be upset if you kept in contact with me and UPS to solve the problem. What would make me upset is if I emailed you that I didn't get the delivery and then I didn't hear from you for two or three weeks.

That's the point of this thread, and many other similar threads recently. If you're going to sell something, communicate!
Originally posted by hetfield:
Originally posted by MystiqueSVT:

Well, look at it this way... When I buy something I expect problems to happen every once in a while. UPS is good for making mistakes. So if I were the person who bought from you, I wouldn't be upset if you kept in contact with me and UPS to solve the problem. What would make me upset is if I emailed you that I didn't get the delivery and then I didn't hear from you for two or three weeks.

That's the point of this thread, and many other similar threads recently. If you're going to sell something, communicate!

Thanks.. That's my point exactly. It's not that I never recieved the product it's that lack of communication. I have called, and it always goes to voicemail, so I left a couple of messages, but no return call.

The product contains 2 parts Nitrogen and 1 part Oxygen
N2-0, umm... NO

Isn't that one part each, or are you trying to throw us off the trail?
It's a Venom nitrous kit....he previously had it in his sig, but now it's gone as he has not recieved it yet...

I would "out" him, maybe he has a couple of buddies on the site that will get on his case...

I would be pissed and if he/she is reading this....you're lucky you didn't sell to me, as I would be all over your case!
Break out the tar and feathers!
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Break out the tar and feathers!

LOL.. Ok.. Since I have been recieving alot of PM's on to name the person......

it is..

Hydro and it was his VCN2000 Kit.

Sorry Bro, But I haven't heard from you in a while...
Originally posted by wavrdr:
It's a Venom nitrous kit....he previously had it in his sig, but now it's gone as he has not recieved it yet...

I would "out" him, maybe he has a couple of buddies on the site that will get on his case...

I would be pissed and if he/she is reading this....you're lucky you didn't sell to me, as I would be all over your case!

WAVRDR - Check your PM
Hydro's last post on CEG was 7/25 in case you wanted to know.
I'm sure SVT ST PETE can offer you some advice.
Originally posted by TommySVT:
Hydro's last post on CEG was 7/25 in case you wanted to know.

Yea... .I noticed.. . Maybe he's out of town or something... don't really know.. I just want an explanation on why I feel like I'm being avoided???
I just want an explanation on why I feel like I'm being avoided???

lol, b/c he's avoiding you

sorry, had to, good luck with it, i'm sure there's a good reason
Originally posted by cliffjohnson:
I just want an explanation on why I feel like I'm being avoided???

lol, b/c he's avoiding you

sorry, had to, good luck with it, i'm sure there's a good reason

LOL.. Yea.. I swung the door wide open on that one..
Well, I've known Hydro (formerly hellahydro) for quite some time and have even spoken to him on the phone on several occassions.

IMHO, he's a straight up guy and I'm sure there is a logical mistake somewhere.

I'll give him a buzz tomorrow if I get a chance and give him a heads up.
At least they are giving you credit for your payments. I have paid in full (as of 12/19/02), yet the webpage for the body-kit claims I still owe 500.
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Well, I've known Hydro (formerly hellahydro) for quite some time and have even spoken to him on the phone on several occassions.

IMHO, he's a straight up guy and I'm sure there is a logical mistake somewhere.

I'll give him a buzz tomorrow if I get a chance and give him a heads up.

wow look at that!
you are one hellova guy man! good sh!t in my books
i'd be quite suprised if this turned out to be anything other than a simple misunderstanding. hydro has been on the boards and has always been up front about everything. just look at that body kit gb he got off the ground.
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
N2-0, umm... NO

Isn't that one part each, or are you trying to throw us off the trail?

Nope, two parts nitrogen is correct. It's common name isn't it's chemical composition.
... aw, so I can put my shenanigan broom away now? Dammit...
Hey,

I work directly with him - that's not like him and I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding.
i've been having an issue like this as well. albeit it's not $650, but i'm not exactly rolling in the dough either. anyways, i've sent several PMs and even though i talked to him before the transaction, i haven't heard a thing. i've sent a half dozen more PMs and still nothing. he had like 300 posts or something, so i figured he was legit. he only accepted a money order, so i was like cool, whatever, and now i'm sorta pissed cuz i have no word on it.
Originally posted by nyceboi:
Hey,

I work directly with him - that's not like him and I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding.

That's what I think it might be as well. We'll have to wait and see what happens. Thanks to all the people who have tried to contact him.
I can understand how you feel. I have been ripped off a few times online. (Luckily not at CEG)

Hydro IS straightup. If you bought something from him, he will send it. I'm sure there is some other kind of problem.
Hydro is a great trust worthy guy, I've talked with him before and was helping me with some things. I'm sure he's just been busy and hasn't been able to get back to you.

Aaron
Posted By: hydro overzelous e-coffee room gossipers are great! - 07/30/03 03:34 PM
Yes everyone, I tried to pull a scam and sell a nitrous kit that I did not have. I'm a known scammer on the CEG and I basically felt that I would take $650 from a fellow member and leave the site because i'm such a lowlife bastard! wavdvr, u can kiss my ass on that one.

actually since Joe has decided to go public with this even though I'm a phone call away, I ran into some major problems with UPS trying to ship the nitrous kit and they would not let me send it even though I had the bottle profesionally emptied out. I contacted Joe immediately about this and we got everything squared away. I then packaged it even better and went through USPS.

2 weeks later Joe has not received his package and I'm in the process of seeing WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. Apparently I'm not the first person who's gone through hell and back trying to deal with issues like this with the Post Office. I've apologized profusely to Joe and offered to pay the shipping charges after he gets the package. Also offered to pay additional money on top of the Insurance that I paid EXTRA for that I did not have to. Through all this, Joe has understood that his package was insured and because I've built such a strong reputation I would think that the last thing he'd be worried about was a scam. obviously I thought wrong and i can understand his concern.

So hopefully that clears everything and thanks for those who have my back.
Posted By: 99SVT - #91 Re: *UPDATED* - 07/30/03 03:59 PM
Originally posted by hydro:
Yes everyone, I tried to pull a scam and sell a nitrous kit that I did not have. I'm a known scammer on the CEG and I basically felt that I would take $650 from a fellow member and leave the site because i'm such a lowlife bastard! wavdvr, u can kiss my ass on that one.

actually since Joe has decided to go public with this even though I'm a phone call away, I ran into some major problems with UPS trying to ship the nitrous kit and they would not let me send it even though I had the bottle profesionally emptied out. I contacted Joe immediately about this and we got everything squared away. I then packaged it even better and went through USPS.

2 weeks later Joe has not received his package and I'm in the process of seeing WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. Apparently I'm not the first person who's gone through hell and back trying to deal with issues like this with the Post Office. I've apologized profusely to Joe and offered to pay the shipping charges after he gets the package. Also offered to pay additional money on top of the Insurance that I paid EXTRA for that I did not have to. Through all this, Joe has understood that his package was insured and because I've built such a strong reputation I would think that the last thing he'd be worried about was a scam. obviously I thought wrong and i can understand his concern.

Terry and I Have spoke and everything is basically squared away. Like I stated numerous times, i didn't think he was trying to scam me, I just didnt know what was going on. This is why I didn't want to post his name in this thread. I still trust him, and when this situation passes. I plan on getting in the body kit group buy.

Thanks again for contacting me hydro.

Joe
Originally posted by hydro:

Good to see this is taken care of.
Terry, I had a similar thing happened to me while I was in FL on vacation.

I sold a guy a brake kit as I have done with other CEGer's, many, many, many, many times before, and I shipped it out 2 days after receipt of his payment. Which, for someone who has a REAL 9-5 job, I think, is pretty good service. (I take time out of MY lunch hour to run to the distributor to get the brakes components and to run to Fed Ex to ship them out, just to help out fellow CEGer's )

I have NEVER jipped, scammed or robbed one person, and IMHO, have a good reputation on the CEG.

Nonetheless when I returned to MI, and back to work on Monday, I had numerous emails and voicemeails, and evan a PayPal refund request, demanding a full refund for not sending him his brakes (even though they were delivered within the promised 5 day shipping period by Fed Ex), I guess fast enough. Remeber we are dealing with a 54lb 12" x12" x12" box here, so it doesn't exactly get preferrential treatment, I am sure, at Fed Depots due to it's weight etc.

Anyway I was annoyed, to say the least, because of this guy's impatience and mistrusting attitude. Like out of the 100's of brakes and mufflers etc, I have sold, I finally decided to take HIS money and run.

I even posted in the forums, before I left for FL, that I was away on vacation so tht people wouldn't think I disappeared off the face of the earth, but alas I was chastised and questioned as to why I was not returning his calls (being left at my uninhabited office).

Thankfully he retracted his refund requestsd and I haven't heard squat from him since - his brakes where delivered on time.

It's sad that a good reputation means nothing on these boards sometimes.

I hear ya Stazi, things like this are unavoidable sometimes and no matter who you ship through if you send out enough stuff every once and a while a mishap is due to happen. i've shipped out much larger packages than this before but never one with explosive chemicals lol. make no mistake, I'm not upset at Joe for his actions and I think he is definitely a good CEG'r. after all that time I would have been very concerned too. I just wanted him to know that the deal is in good hands and that he's covered either way and I'm glad we got it worked out.

Dan Squires!

-Andy
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Dan Squires!

-Andy

Terry and Stazi, face it, we all know you guys are both crooks and just out to swindle CEG'ers out of thier hard earned money. We know you guys pay the FedEx and USPS guys extra to slow the packages down just because you can.

Now where did that sarcasm smiley go again????
TTT
payment sent a week ago, still no reply... do you think i've been taken?
© CEG Archives