Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 03:51 PM
ever gotten a ticket for failure to use turn signal. Well i just did. I wish there was a way that we could legally beat the [censored] out of cops. Why do they have to pick on young people, the group who are the least able to afford the fines and the penalties given from having point on thir liscenses

[\Rant]
Posted By: T-RedSVT Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 03:58 PM
Hmmm, beat up police officers because they caught you breaking the law. Nice standards.....
Posted By: Steve Bassen_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 03:59 PM
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
ever gotten a ticket for failure to use turn signal. Well i just did. I wish there was a way that we could legally beat the [censored] out of cops. Why do they have to pick on young people, the group who are the least able to afford the fines and the penalties given from having point on thir liscenses

[\Rant]

Tell me about it. I wish there was a way to legally beat the snot out of people that don't use their turn signals

Oh, wait, that's not what you were talking about....
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Steve Bassen:
Tell me about it. I wish there was a way to legally beat the snot out of people that don't use their turn signals

Oh, wait, that's not what you were talking about....

Hell yeah! I'm glad you got a ticket I wish they would write some around here!

-Andy
Posted By: 18psi2300 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Hell yeah! I'm glad you got a ticket I wish they would write some around here!

Me too!
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 04:56 PM

[\Rant]

I'd like to hear more of the details. Sometimes not using a signal is quite forgiveable, other times it can be rude or even downright dangerous.
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 05:06 PM
heres my turn signal policy: driving around in residential 25mph plan full of stop signs, dont use them (formed this habit when my last car the signal didnt automatically shut itself off and i quit using it because of that)

main roads, when turning off, pulling out, and any driving with other cars around, i do use turn signals
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 05:08 PM
How much effort does it really take to use a turn signal??? I mean, come on...

And they're not "picking on you". They're enforcing the law. What if your failure to use a turn signal caused the person behind you to smack into your car??? You'd probably want to beat the crap out of them, too. Use that little stalk on the left side of the column. Flip it up if you want to make a right turn, flip it down if you want to make a left. 100-150 feet or so before you get to your intersection or to the point where you wanna change directions. This is like in the first 20 minutes of driver's ed, man.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 05:21 PM
Finally justice is served. If I see another person this week not use it around me I'm going to have an aneurism.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 05:29 PM
Fyi i was pulling out of an office complex onto a large road with a median in the middle, so i had only one option. I didnt use the signal because i was waiting for traffic to clear for several minutes and it started to annoy me. It was pretty obvious the cop was picking on me because i was a kid in a decked out car. It pisses me off how you all are so quick to jump on me for this when you have no idea what the circumstances are, try to be a little more mature if you are at all capable of it.
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 05:43 PM
The cop may have been eyeing you 'cause you were a kid in a "decked out" car, but he didn't ticket you because of it. He gave you a ticket because you failed to signal. And I think the reason folks might be quick to jump on you is because you're looking for sympathy when you clearly have no leg to stand on. It'd be like someone stuffing their pockets with CD's from a record store and then crying about how the guy working there caught him stealing.

I love how people come in here and scream and cry about how they get profiled and picked on and given bogus tickets because they're young and "the cops are just jealous they have a nice car"... Take some friggin' responsibility for once, people. A half-second flick of the wrist could've avoided the whole incident.
Posted By: Renee_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 00SVT:
The cop may have been eyeing you 'cause you were a kid in a "decked out" car, but he didn't ticket you because of it. He gave you a ticket because you failed to signal.

I love how people come in here and scream and cry about how they get profiled and picked on and given bogus tickets because they're young and "the cops are just jealous they have a nice car"... Take some friggin' responsibility for once, people. A half-second flick of the wrist could've avoided the whole incident.

I hear ya man. I hate it when ppl don't signal their intentions. It's just plain RUDE. And your crappy "the single me out cause I'm a kid in a decked out car" don't play here pal. That's just trying to make an excuse for breaking the law. Next time, trying saying "I'm sorry, I am about to shoot you, but it's not my fault, YOU singled out MY car cause I am a kid in a decked out car". BORING, OLD, and IRRESPONSIBLE.
I actually have a sticker on my car that says VISULIZE USING YOUR TURN SIGNAL.

My advice, take it like a man and quit whining. Next time, USE THE DAMN SIGNAL. Even if you turn it on JUST as you pull out, USE IT. No excuse for not doing it.
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Hell yeah! I'm glad you got a ticket I wish they would write some around here!-Andy

what are you talking about? on the beltway and 270, people are always kind enough to use their signals
Posted By: vcontoursvt_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 06:10 PM
Fyi i was pulling out of an office complex onto a large road with a median in the middle, so i had only one option. I didnt use the signal because i was waiting for traffic to clear for several minutes and it started to annoy me. It was pretty obvious the cop was picking on me because i was a kid in a decked out car. It pisses me off how you all are so quick to jump on me for this when you have no idea what the circumstances are, try to be a little more mature if you are at all capable of it.

Damn...that does kind of suck.

From the way I understand his post (there was a median in the middle of the road...I'm guessing this was a physical median and not a double line 'imaginary' median)...
I mean there is no other way he CAN turn if there is a physical median in the middle!
He can't go left, he can't go straight....I'm guessing he can't go backwards....
That only leaves one option to the...RIGHT!

If this was the scenario...then I must say, that officer is a stiff. It just means he has some quota to fill or something. If there was no physical median then I guess the officer has some grounds for giving his ticket, but even still thats being a bit nitpicky.

Don't get me wrong...I use my turn signal everywhere (just a good habit), even in the above scenario, ... but to give someone a ticket for not using a turn signal when there is only one plausible direction he can go seems a bit overboard.

Here in California (especially my area in the Bay Area), officers are being ridiculous. They pull people over for almost anything now just in an effort to gain revenue to offset local budget cuts because of the state budget. I have no problem with officers pulling people over for breaking the law, but why should they need the pressure of quotas from the state budget crunch to do so? If they are such upstanding officers there should be no need for quotas to force them to give tickets...believe me, there are plenty of bad drivers out here in California to gain revenue without quotas.
Posted By: vcontoursvt_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 06:18 PM
Despite my little rant, I will say this:

When I got my first ticket a few years back...I took it 'like a man' by paying my own earned money for the fine and paying for online traffic school. Ever since then my whole philosophy on driving has changed....I've been a sqeaky clean driver since!

Getting a ticket as a teenager driver is a good experience (at least for me it was)...I just wish it didn't cost so much
Posted By: T-RedSVT Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 06:18 PM
It was pretty obvious the cop was picking on me because i was a kid in a decked out car.

Was there an Aston Martin screaming by at 165 that he ignored to pull you over? Or was he stalking you from the time you left your parking spot 50 yards away until the time you turned?

Quote:

It pisses me off how you all are so quick to jump on me for this when you have no idea what the circumstances are, try to be a little more mature if you are at all capable of it.

And it pisses me off you posted this hoping for sympathy. Hmmm, somehow I am guessing this is not the response you were intending to provoke with your witty banter about being a kid in a "decked" out car.
Posted By: vcontoursvt_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 06:23 PM
Also you shouldn't freak out man...

If this is your first ticket?... then all it will be is a fine and a trip to traffic school (it will not show up for insurance)...at least, this was the way it went for me.

If this is not your first ticket...then you need to reconsider the way you drive, otherwise you'll be out of money faster than you think. Be absolutely safe...don't give officers an opportunity to pull you over in the first place (this way they can't fill their quotas...hehe... ).
Posted By: Freakshow Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 06:31 PM

This one time I shot a guy with my brand new H&K 9mm and the cop had the nerve to arrest me. It was obvious he was just picking on me because he was jealous that I was young and had a nicer gun than he did!

Bottom line: The cop may have been being nitpicky but he was doing his job...ENFORCING THE LAW. Had you used your turn signal as the LAW states you wouldn't have gotten a ticket and we all could have been spared this crybaby sympathy seeking post. First you talk about how you wish you could beat the cop up then you lash out at people on here all simply because you refuse to take responsibility for your actions. What did you expect, everyone to say "awww man we're so sorry you got a ticket (even though it was your own fault) you should take that stupid cop to court"?????
But then, we are all probably just picking on you because your a teenager with a decked out car.

P.S. With the "maturity" you claim others in this thread lack comes RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY for YOUR actions.
Posted By: Renee_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 06:53 PM
Originally posted by freakshow:
What did you expect, everyone to say "awww man we're so sorry you got a ticket (even though it was your own fault) you should take that stupid cop to court"?????
But then, we are all probably just picking on you because your a teenager with a decked out car.

P.S. With the "maturity" you claim others in this thread lack comes RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY for YOUR actions.

Well said Freak, though I bet he DOES want to take the cop to court hoping to get out of it if he doesn't show or something. LOL
Sorry Konto, but really man, if your state allows, just go to traffic school, at least keep it from your insurance. Some states, like Texas, allow you to go to defensive driving, and you don't have to pay the ticket NOR will it go on insurance. Just chill, quit moping, and take care of it.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 07:09 PM
I'm sorry guys i though it to be irrelevant but heres the whole story, when i was first pulled over he said he was pulling me over for my tinted windows, since i am uncommonly sensitive to light i have to have them, and have a note from an optomologist that allows me to. After i showed this to him he started harrasing me about it saying it was a joke that i had the note. When he came back to the car he said he was giving me the turn signal ticket because i had a note for my tinted windows. I don't doubt that if an older person had a similar note he would have taken it seriously.
Posted By: 18psi2300 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 07:13 PM
Did you use your turn signal or not??
Posted By: 00SVT_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 18psi2300:
Did you use your turn signal or not??

No, 'cause then he wouldn't have gotten a ticket. Dark tint is gonna catch their eye 'cause they're gonna assume it's illegal. Add the failure to signal onto that and you'll get popped more often than not.
Posted By: Renee_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 07:32 PM
Anybody think this dead horse should be burried already??

Facts are these, even IF he pulled you over for the tint, you still DIDN'T use your signal, you said so yourself. You didn't think you needed to PLUS it annoyed you. Simple. Get over it, do the driving school or whatever you got to do, but quit trying to convince ppl you are right for not signalling.
Thanks, drive thru please.
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 07:46 PM
when i was first pulled over he said he was pulling me over for my tinted windows, since i am uncommonly sensitive to light i have to have them, and have a note from an optomologist that allows me to.

And this works in Michigan? Man, what ever happened to sunglasses? This would never fly in MA, I don't think.

Mass laws on tint are pretty strict in order to protect the officers.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 08:01 PM
Originally posted by freakshow:
This one time I shot a guy with my brand new H&K 9mm and the cop had the nerve to arrest me. It was obvious he was just picking on me because he was jealous that I was young and had a nicer gun than he did!

Man, I HATE it when they do that!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/29/03 08:04 PM
Originally posted by zgendron:
when i was first pulled over he said he was pulling me over for my tinted windows, since i am uncommonly sensitive to light i have to have them, and have a note from an optomologist that allows me to.

And this works in Michigan? Man, what ever happened to sunglasses? This would never fly in MA, I don't think.

LOL!!
Posted By: Alan Coles_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/30/03 03:26 PM

The more you explain it Konto, the worse it gets man. Next you'll tell us that your lame a$$ doctor gave you a note for school and/or work telling them they had to tint the windows in their buildings.

You had me going for awhile, I was almost thinking the cop might have been a jerk and that you weren't totally at fault. I even looked to double check what you'd said about being sensitive to the light. That's where your story appears to fall apart (unless there is another twist you're holding back so people can't respond to the full facts - In which case you should just quit). If you had a skin sensitivity that would be one thing, but eye sensitivity is dealt with through sun glasses (specialized ones if necessary - do you have any?).

One could make a case that the officer should or shouldn't have given you a ticket for the turn signal violation if we had a bit more info on the exact layout, but that's not why you got the ticket, is it. You lead us to believe it is and then when no one says "Oh poor, poor Konto the world is so cruel to you" , then and only then, you tell us the real reason you got the ticket.

You got your ticket because the cop wasn't as dumb as you figured he'd be. You spit in someones face and get upset when they don't smile and say thank you.
You got your ticket because the cop didn't beleive you, just like others here. Maybe, he and we are wrong but the way you've presented everything and held things back doesn't lend itself to that interpretation. Cops are like most everyone else in this world, if you piss them off they'll try to find a way to pay you back. That's life. Get on with it.

I too am "uncommonly sensitive to light". I've had two corena transplants and now wear hard contact lenses which also increase ones sensitivity to bright light. Regarding the tinted windows, unless you've left even more out, you don't "have to have them", you just want them. Dark tinted windows will make things worse in low light conditions and possibly dangerous, not better. No self-respecting "optomologist" at least no self-respecting ophthalmologist would claim otherwise. How to they expect you to get from their office to your car and from there to everywhere else. You're gonna need sunglasses buddy not dark tinted windows in your car.

If you've left something else important out then perhaps my comments about your ophthalmologist are out of line but then certainly not about how you've held back facts to suit ulterior motives.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/30/03 05:36 PM
I work with the local p.d. and all but two officers do not have tinted windows, i am in no way stretching the truth. If tint is so dangerous and poses a threat to police officers, then why does just about every officer in my area have their front windows and windshield tinted on their street cars, please explain that to me. Not to metion several other states which have ruled it poses a negligible threat to society. (Florida for example)

Also i would like to thank you all for the advice, i will take this off my list of common sense laws that have the ability to be either completely obsolete, or very important.

Stop sign (rolling stop)
j-walking
Uip
Obstructed vision ([censored] hanging from the rearview mirror)
ETC.

As i see it, you need common sense to decide when and where to obey these laws, i would never take a piss on the sidewalk in new york city, but i have relieved myself many times in the middle of the woods. Out there this poses no threat to decency, but it certainly does in new york. I do not understand how you are so close minded that you cannot grasp so simple of a concept.

As far as the light sensitivity issue goes, I inquired with my optomologist if she could test for ultra-sensitivity for light, her response was negative. I explained to her my situation and she agreed to write me a note for tinted windows. As far as glasses are concerned i never said my case was severe, it is only persistent and toublesome. I prefer not to wear sunglasses more for a convienencce issue, I drive on the highway very often commuting to and from school. With tinted windows I can recieve similar protection as sunglasses and in addition have the convienence of having a cool car for my trip.
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/30/03 06:35 PM
I work with the local p.d. and all but two officers do not have tinted windows, i am in no way stretching the truth. If tint is so dangerous and poses a threat to police officers, then why does just about every officer in my area have their front windows and windshield tinted on their street cars, please explain that to me. Not to metion several other states which have ruled it poses a negligible threat to society. (Florida for example)

With tinted windows an officer is not able to see into the vehicle after a stop to determine number of occupants and any other potential hazard to the officer. For example, a driver/passenger could be reaching for a weapon.

Consider this explained.

Posted By: infinitemethod Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/30/03 07:50 PM

With tinted windows an officer is not able to see into the vehicle after a stop to determine number of occupants and any other potential hazard to the officer. For example, a driver/passenger could be reaching for a weapon.

Consider this explained.

I didn't know that officers pulled people over in their street vehicles. Thats interesting.
Posted By: dbird_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/30/03 09:27 PM
you should protest the ticket.. just tell the judge that you want to beat the crap out of the cop.. and that he was picking on you as you cannot afford a ticket.... and then tell the judge that you should not have to pay the fine or you gonna bet the crap out of him/her also.... tell the judge that all people pick on you and that you dont have to obey any bull shoot laws that you dont want to... if they dont agree with you then dont let this get you down.....
go some some dope as it might be against the law, but you not bothering anyone... go shoot a few people.. they got alot of people on the streets now and a few missing will not make much difference...... then when you go to jail and the jailers say sit here, stand there, you tell them to beat it as they are just picking on you and you dont have to put up with it as you have rights... and when big ed(your room mate) smiles at you at night just shut up and smile back...as you now know what he wants....
hope you have a nice day.....
beat the cop????? boy what a waste of time answering this Yo, yo...
Posted By: Freakshow Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/30/03 10:23 PM
It was pretty obvious the cop was picking on me because i was a kid in a decked out car.

This statement always gets me. People with nice or "decked out" cars always say that the cops pulled them over for something simply because of that. Why do you buy/mod a car to make it look really nice? So people will NOTICE it when you drive by. Hello, cops are PEOPLE therefore logic would say "hey you've got a decked out car that really stands out, not just to regular people but to cops as well because they notice your decked out car more than the average undecked out car on the road. Therefore, when you do something stupid like not use your turn signal it gets noticed more by cops because they were looking at your car since it sticks out in a crowd."

I guarantee that you could take the same driver in a "decked out" noticeable car vs that same person driving a plain old stock ride and the decked out car will get pulled over more just because of what I said above. Its not because the cop is "jealous" that's just a lame excuse for getting caught breaking the law.

You've got 3 options: 1) Obey the law or just don't get caught 2) Refer to 1 and go buy a plain old car so you won't get caught as often or 3) When you do get caught take it with a grain of salt, belly up and pay your friggin ticket without whining.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 01:30 AM
Quote:

I didn't know that officers pulled people over in their street vehicles. Thats interesting.

I made it very clear that I was referring to their civilian vehicles, and once officers are off work, they too can be pulled over. AS I SAID EARLIER, if they thought tint to be dangerous they would not tint their own cars. If they knew their tint scared other officers when they get pulled over, they would not tint their cars.

Quote:

go some some dope as it might be against the law, but you not bothering anyone... go shoot a few people.. they got alot of people on the streets now and a few missing will not make much difference...... then when you go to jail and the jailers say sit here, stand there, you tell them to beat it as they are just picking on you and you dont have to put up with it as you have rights... and when big ed(your room mate) smiles at you at night just shut up and smile back...as you now know what he wants....
hope you have a nice day.....

#1 I am not against drugs taken without putting others in danger.
#2 AS I SAID EARLIER the laws i named before are for common sense, it is fine to shoot a gun in the woods while hunting, but not in a crowded city with the possibility of hurting someone.

How many times do i have to repeat myself before you dense ones can fathom my ludicrously simple points.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 01:32 AM
Also I understand my first post may have been a bit harsh, but even the most rational people can say and do things that are far out of their personality range when they are heated, please take my wording and intentions with a grain of salt.
Posted By: infinitemethod Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 02:00 PM
Quote:

Originally posted by {Kontofosho:
}
Quote:

I made it very clear that I was referring to their civilian vehicles, and once officers are off work, they too can be pulled over. AS I SAID EARLIER, if they thought tint to be dangerous they would not tint their own cars. If they knew their tint scared other officers when they get pulled over, they would not tint their cars.

hey, i was making fun of the other guy. but you can lash out on me too if you want. that is why i quoted him not you.
Posted By: hydro Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 02:22 PM
say what you want but if any of you have driven in the SE Michigan area you would understand that local and state police here are NOTORIOUS for bringin the pain to young, male drivers with nice cars. it's damn near an epidemic around these parts so I can see exactly where kontofoshow is coming from. they'll pull you over for anything and sometimes for nothing at all.

and don't even get me started on the tint law which is basically set in place only because it's a jackpot for the state. considering I see cops everyday who change multiple lanes at a time without even thinking about using a turn signal I will definitely say there's a double standard set and it's BULLSH*T!!!

I obey every single traffic law I can and use turn signals even when I'm in my apartment complex because I don't want to give our cops a reason to pull me over. And I had to learn the hard way too. I've been f*cked with by the cops in ways many of you could never dream of and I'm not being overzealous either. all of you uptight pilgrims with stock contours and svt's who've never even came close to getting a ticket wouldn't understand
Posted By: infinitemethod Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 02:39 PM
I would have to agree that michigan is a [censored] for cops. i was just driving down a road in albion not too long ago in the city and i go by a cop and i wasn't doing anything wrong, just being there, he does a u turn, which to my knowledge is illegal and then gets right on my ass. he does this for about a mile or so and then i get to my turn and the second i turned on my blinker he did another u turn. now i'm sorry but thats bulls*hit. cops abuse their status and i know exactly where he is comin from also. HATERS SUCK!!!!
Posted By: zgendron_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 02:51 PM
Originally posted by infinitemethod:

hey, i was making fun of the other guy. but you can lash out on me too if you want. that is why i quoted him not you.

I don't know how you were making fun of me, but ok. I didn't mention anything about cops using civilian vehicles to pull people over.

Some police officers have an issue with tint in that they can't see into a tinted vehicle. This is a safety issue for them. It has nothing to do with tint on their cars.

And stop whining about cops following you and abusing their power. I've been pulled over a number of times for no reason. Why, because they want to make sure I'm not drunk or something like that. I don't give them a hard time, and they let me go once they realize that all is ok. Doesn't bother me at all. If you are just now realizing that our country is full of double standards, then you've got a lot to learn.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 03:34 PM
Originally posted by hydro:

and don't even get me started on the tint law which is basically set in place only because it's a jackpot for the state.

Would you want to walk up to car with limo tint? I'd like to see if the guy is going to pull a gun on me. I don't follow the law with my fronts tinted but it's very light. I understand where they come from for sure.
Posted By: FordTruckBoy_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 03:57 PM
And stop whining about cops following you and abusing their power. I've been pulled over a number of times for no reason

So this makes it OK?

Ya know I say where's the love? I'm with you Kontofosho. I haven't had a traffic ticket in 10 years, but I don't use my signal (much). I've had cops pull me over for no reason (because they recognize me) and I think its a load of crap. I pay them to serve and protect so....
they should go do that.
Posted By: hydro Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 04:30 PM
Originally posted by todras:

and don't even get me started on the tint law which is basically set in place only because it's a jackpot for the state.

Would you want to walk up to car with limo tint? I'd like to see if the guy is going to pull a gun on me. I don't follow the law with my fronts tinted but it's very light. I understand where they come from for sure.

I don't. Have you been pulled recently? Have you seen the type of lights these cruisers and SUV's are equipped with and the effect they have when shined on a car at night? They're bright enough to blind a freakin bat let alone see inside tint. On top of that, what type of effort does it take to roll down your front window? make that the law, if you get pulled over you have to roll down you front window. you can't tell me otherwise on this issue.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 06:03 PM
I agree with Terry here. The tint law in MI is total horseshit. I have always wound down my window when I have been pulled over. Make that the law.

My car looks odd now with just the back windows tinted; and that bothers me. It also makes the bast@rd as hot as a fat man's armpit in the summer time which sucks when you have to first get in your car after it has been parked for a while in the sun.

Nonetheless, I would have to agree with the cop gigving Konto the "no signal" ticket (even though cops do that shiat themselves all the time - yeah it sux). It seems that in MI using your blinker gets you more trouble than good.

I myself ALWAYS use my turn signal as growing up and driving in Australia shows you what REAL hardass traffic cops are. They'll nail you FOR ANY MINOR TRAFFIC INFRINGEMMENT!

It seems that in SE MI if you indicate to change lanes it'll only get you cut off by someone in that lane you wish to enter. It's like clock work - you cruise past someone putzing along and spot an opening for your car to get in front of him/her - as soon as you put your blinker on VROOOOOOOM the assclown will speed up and cut you off!

Nonetheless I still use them all the time, and nothing is worse than slowing down to an almost dead stop behind someone and wondering WTF? Then all of a sudden they turn off the road. Man that makes me mad.

NICE SIGNAL ASSHAT!

PS Cops are some of the most hypocritical people, when it comes to laws, that I have ever met - and I know a few.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 08:54 PM
its stupid if they gave u a ticket a 3AM on a completely open street.

I got a ticket for that when I was on the freeway (I was speeding at the time so he just tagged that on there)...I could've sworn I had my blinker on the whole time and I personally think hes full of sh!t. But I'd rather not waste my time, just pay the $110 and be done with it. The speeding ticket I got was really my main concern.

I just think cops get bored sometimes...gotta pull a couple people over a night just for the hell of it. Just to insure that you're doing your job.

But for now on, whenever I see a cop I slow down...I see people on the freeway trying to go by all slow. Screw that, if the speed limit is 55 and he slows down to 45 I'm goin 35 I don't give a crap about what he does.

Anything to avoid getting another ticket in the next 2 years
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Has anybody else..... - 07/31/03 11:16 PM
Just to comment on the whole abuse if power thing and irresponsibility.....
Since i know all the local cop's cars, i can spot them very easily. Where i live we have a downtown area where all the kids hang out, on weekends it's packed. Well following the cop in his civilian car, i watch him peel off a light and floor it all through first and partially second gear, he must have been going 40/45 in a 25. Also keep in mind this is a very packed downtown area with young people. Not to mention his windows are tinted 20% and he had a rice can (illegal muffler for those who have ever been ticketed). Not to say he's like all cops, but that is just one instance on a long line that has really pissed me off.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Has anybody else..... - 08/01/03 05:55 AM
cops can cheat whenever they want, thats the [censored] thing about it.

When I got pulled over for speeding the cop himself was doing 70 in a 55...but what can you do?
Posted By: MCconnection cc Re: Has anybody else..... - 08/01/03 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Russell:
heres my turn signal policy: driving around in residential 25mph plan full of stop signs, dont use them (formed this habit when my last car the signal didnt automatically shut itself off and i quit using it because of that)

main roads, when turning off, pulling out, and any driving with other cars around, i do use turn signals

Just use them all the time so you won't end up like homeboy that made the post....
Posted By: MCconnection cc Re: Has anybody else..... - 08/01/03 03:14 PM
say what you want but if any of you have driven in the SE Michigan area you would understand that local and state police here are NOTORIOUS for bringin the pain to young, male drivers with nice cars. it's damn near an epidemic around these parts so I can see exactly where kontofoshow is coming from. they'll pull you over for anything and sometimes for nothing at all.

and don't even get me started on the tint law which is basically set in place only because it's a jackpot for the state. considering I see cops everyday who change multiple lanes at a time without even thinking about using a turn signal I will definitely say there's a double standard set and it's BULLSH*T!!!

I obey every single traffic law I can and use turn signals even when I'm in my apartment complex because I don't want to give our cops a reason to pull me over. And I had to learn the hard way too. I've been f*cked with by the cops in ways many of you could never dream of and I'm not being overzealous either. all of you uptight pilgrims with stock contours and svt's who've never even came close to getting a ticket wouldn't understand

I totally agree, I have got f-ed with so much. 2 tickets for tinted windows, and 1 of the times I had my windows down. The cop made me roll my window up so he could write me a ticket.
Posted By: FordTruckBoy_dup1 Re: Has anybody else..... - 08/01/03 05:14 PM
Originally posted by MCconnection cc:

I totally agree, I have got f-ed with so much. 2 tickets for tinted windows, and 1 of the times I had my windows down. The cop made me roll my window up so he could write me a ticket.

Ok, now that's messed up!!! I can't help but laugh when I read this...
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Has anybody else..... - 08/02/03 12:49 AM
i've had the same thing happen.
© CEG Archives