Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Issue 3 Summer 2003 SVT Enthusiast - 07/27/03 03:48 PM
Included in the issue are some highlights from Ford's 100 year celebration and of the new GT and its trip to Italy.

Anyone catch James Sawyer's article about the Contour?
"Used examples are being swept up by young enthusiasts. These drivers are very concerned with the Three Ps"

Article

Posted By: Lazzzy Re: Issue 3 Summer 2003 SVT Enthusiast - 07/27/03 04:04 PM
kinda small?
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Issue 3 Summer 2003 SVT Enthusiast - 07/27/03 04:11 PM
Yeah, I read that. Nice article.

Kind of nice because it seems I hear quite a few Contour SVT owners complain that the SVTOA does not give much CSVT acknowledgement.
Posted By: TGO Re: Issue 3 Summer 2003 SVT Enthusiast - 07/27/03 05:03 PM
can we get a bigger version...or can someone post it? I can't read that, im blind.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Issue 3 Summer 2003 SVT Enthusiast - 07/27/03 05:59 PM
Best I could do.

Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Issue 3 Summer 2003 SVT Enthusiast - 07/27/03 09:47 PM
I would really like to read that article. Is there a website that you can read it on?
d'oh sorry about that, it looked fine before I uploaded it.
I'll try to fix it.

Posted By: MotorCity Re: Issue 3 Summer 2003 SVT Enthusiast - 07/27/03 10:00 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Included in the issue are some highlights from Ford's 100 year celebration and of the new GT and its trip to Italy.

You did catch the GT article at the end when it went...buzzz...right?
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

You did catch the GT article at the end when it went...buzzz...right?

yeah I did
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Issue 3 Summer 2003 SVT Enthusiast - 07/27/03 11:08 PM
That brought a tear to my eye.
I read just last night, I thought it was cool, they only started talking about csvt's in the last paragraphs or so. . .basically, it's an easily moddable pocket rocket, and they hope the FSVT reaches the same stature when enough of them reach the used market (just like our cars have, 5 years after the introduction). . .
As a Contour owner who is VERY active in SVTOA I completely disagree with the statement that SVTOA doesn't acknowledge the SVT Contour. If you were at the SVT Experience you would have seen the Contour prominently displayed on the shirt and awards and the few that participated are in the video many times. Local SVTOA clubs that have car shows almost always have Contour classes as well. If Contour owners would submit articles to the SVT Enthusiast I can confidently say they would be published as well.

I actually think the problem is that the Contour owners feel like the red headed stepchild in the SVTOA and those that do participate in the On-Track Events and at the Experience see that this is DEFINITELY not the case.

We had 4-5 SVT Contour's come to the IRP Invasion last weekend and all of them had an absolute blast! The SVTOA is a club for ALL SVT and high performance Ford vehicles and there is absolutely no reason why they would ignore the Contour group.

If more Contours came out to events I can also say you would see more of them in the SVT Enthusiast as well.
Posted By: Kung Fu Troll Re: Issue 3 Summer 2003 SVT Enthusiast - 07/31/03 04:25 PM
Agreed. I'm always the only CSVT at SVTOA meets and I always have a blast. They don't put you up on a pedestal or anything, but the love can definitely be felt.

-R-
Nice article...
Very true about SVT Contour, it took hits re: the back seat and aero kit and interior trim but scored at the top on "fun to drive" and ran with sedans of its day costing 2-3X as much.

I even feel Focus SVT is getting the cold shoulder since the NEON came out. But, as an overall package I would personally find FSVT the nicer car, the one I would buy (except both are rather unattractive looking IMO).
Originally posted by Richard David:
Agreed. I'm always the only CSVT at SVTOA meets and I always have a blast. They don't put you up on a pedestal or anything, but the love can definitely be felt.

-R-

Ditto for me. We may have 30 Cobras at a meet, but everyone wants to check out the Contour.

-R-

Ditto for me. We may have 30 Cobras at a meet, but everyone wants to check out the Contour.

Especially when you pass them on a straight away with a stock Contour. That's when they learn about exit speed!!!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Issue 3 Summer 2003 SVT Enthusiast - 08/01/03 09:34 PM
I attended the svt experience w/ my svt contour and was very dissapointed that I was the only one at the Milan Dragway event. Oh well I still had fun beaten up on those Cobras and focus and also took home a prize in the bracket racing class. Needless to say I suprised a few people I think!
© CEG Archives