Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Looking from the front of the Contour there is one flap that hangs down that is a cover for the towing hooks used to pull the car on and off car trailers it is my under standing. Those flaps are attached to some structure that is beginning to hang down evermore. What is this structure called I would like to replace it. This structure seems to cover the front under carriage of the Contour?
It's usually called the "front splash guard"
Well how much does it cost to replace. because mine seems to be sagging.
The older ones are two piece the newer ones are a single peice. I would suggest getting on that is a single piece because lots of dirt tends to college between the two seperate pieces.

-Andy
I guess this is a dealer only product as well?
Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
I guess this is a dealer only product as well?

you could always pop one off a car in a junkyard..that's a part that the junkyard don't usually take off
Anyone know how much this part might cost?
we had one that was hanging down on a 96 contour.. when changing the oil i removed it and never put it on correctly... just use a torx screw driver and remove it and then make sure the plastic inserts that go into the cross member under the car are placed in correctly and put the screws back in... aobut 4 under the cross memebe and two on each side right in front of the tires..... sure beats buying another one for about $150.00 from the dealer......
Front splash guard is what I would call it as well. I take mine off each time I change my oil (makes filter access much easier IMO).

If it's a one-piece unit like I have, there are about 9 Torx screws holding it on. Are all the screws in place on your splash guard? If not, I'd suggest replacing those screws first (take one of the screws with you to most any auto parts store, and look in the small trim bits/emergency repair parts section). Might save you a whole lot of trouble.

Since I don't know what year your 'Tour is, I'm just guessing, of course...
95 v6 ATX
Posted By: TourDeForce AHEM... - 07/24/03 04:37 PM
Those are called the front air seal for some odd reason. If you ask for a splash guard they'll know what you're talkin' about, so no problem.

My cost for a new one on my car was under $80.
My daughter likes to park right up against the wheel stops.

Her ZX-2 has the air seal missing too.
© CEG Archives