Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 06:31 PM
Well due to recent events it got me thinking, canceled national meet and spring zing. Are we seeing the death of CEG? Those are the two biggest meets in the CEG. Also have noticed alot less turn out for local meets in the different area branches. I don't know if anyone else has noticed but I hope this doesn't happen, I for one love the CEG and have meet alot of great people on here and don't want to see it die.

So lets see how many people have noticed the possible death of the CEG.
Posted By: The Davis Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 06:41 PM
It's downturn and was bound to happen. We still get new members, I just don't know that big, national meets are going to fly anymore.

I mean really, I can only think of a few reasons to drive from AZ to IL, and a big-ass meet isn't one of them.

I don't think local meets have ever been stable.
Posted By: 95MID Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 06:43 PM
i dont really see the nessesity of this thread, but the contique is a discontinued car which probably will not have much collector value. interest will go downhill eventually, not to take anything away from lance or the people that keep this site running. i hold this site in high regard because everything i know about cars i learned from this site and ive met some good friends in the process. heres to years to come! tour or not!
Posted By: 97CS Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 06:44 PM
Ok, I dunno if I speak for anyone else, but I'd LOVE to go the any/all of then Nat'l meets. For me, it's an issue with money. Right now, it is, because I'm inbetween jobs, so things have been a bit slow.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 07:19 PM
its all about location for me.

i think u still have another few years before you really start to see the death of CEG.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 07:24 PM
I don't think it so much has to do w/ the death of ceg but the fact that ppl get burned out when it's contour day in a out... Like stated... it's dead car and pretty much almost everything has been done already. But it is true about the distance ppl have to drive to do natl. meets and what not... With that, maybe regional meets would be more apt to actually happen than trying to get ppl to drive across the country just to meet ppl w/ the same cars...
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 07:28 PM
I would like to say that joining this community was a great thing for me.. I have gained so much knowledge about these cars and cars in general it isn't even funny. I would like to thank everyone involved. I do have a question though.. How long has CEG been around? I notice that lance registered about may of 2000.. but from what I understand there was a crossover in the site somewhere.

I hope for many years to come out of this site, it is a great place for information.. and as long as people still own these cars.. this site will still go strong.

Posted By: CLASSVT Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 07:32 PM
I also feel that missing meets is a bummer. However when I'm making a career transition, or simply trying to hold on to what job I have now, then taking vacation to play with my car is not an option. It sucks but it's realistic. If I had vacation to use and the graces of my boss to take time off, then I would be there in a heartbeat. I think these cars will continue to circulate throughout society such as the tempo and topaz still do. As long as the street racing scene continues it's domination there will always be places for folks like us. And I, for one, don't plan on getting rid of my tour for quite some time. Hell I'm gonna' max that biatch out with all the mods it can handle, pay it off and drive it until I can afford a porche. I plan on having it throughout my schooling(full sail here I come) and as long as it still looks and runs well then it will have a home with me. Maybe others aren't as close to their cars, but if my SVT is my beater when I'm thirty-five then so be it. CEG is going strong. Don't be so negative.
Posted By: Midnight_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 07:42 PM
I do truely hope that this site dose not die. I know that i have been unable to make meets becuse of money but thats life. I have learned alot from hear and the guys i have worked with have saved me alot of time and hassel on repairs and mods. and seeing how much potentioal these cars truly have. I know that i have seen new mebers look on this site for how to's and mods in my town and one of them bought a 2000 SVT, and sevral other pick up newer SE's. So i know that this site is helpful. But as long as we keep it up it will live. and besides these car can run along time. iI've seen some with over a 180,000 on the stock motor and only one tranny replacement and still running strong. And besides other then Ford haveing bad serves it has been a great car for me.

Thanks,
Eric
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 07:44 PM
I have to say that when I first heard about this site I knew next to nothing about cars, and thanks to the veterans and those that know cars I have learned alot, enough to be able to help out others that were once in my shoes. I think that this is one of the best sites I have ever been on. After I lost my car was totaled I got a newer,better one and enjoy this site even more.
As for the meets, I think alot of it has to do with time and money, I have met some great people on this site, and we hang out and help each other with our cars and with everything else. That's what I think this site is all about, making friends and learning how to make our cars nicer.
Johnny
Posted By: MarkO_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 08:15 PM
"Death" is a strong word.

The site has changed a lot since I joined. It seems (and I know I'll be flamed for this) that a lot of the innovators of modifications/aftermarket parts have slipped away or post a lot less now.

The problems are well known and fixes for all are available. The cars themselves are moving "down the food chain" and are being bought by a lot of younger folks it seems.

Anyway, I'll be here till CEG goes or I go. Hopefully, CEG, my car and me ! last a while longer.
Posted By: TGO Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 08:42 PM
When SZ is back in Michigan where it started, and where everyone remembers it being, more people will show up. I was down for chicago regardless...but I think alot of people were just worried about it not being the same. SZ was a blast and I can't wait to do it again. This whole national meet thing is just too bad...

EDIT: I don't tihnk it has much to do with the car not being sold anymore. There's probably more enthusiasts now than ever. Out aftermarket, while small, is just starting to come around. There's 100+ Cougars in VA Beach right now for cougarfest...not too shabby for a "dead" car.
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Kevdogg410:
How long has CEG been around?

http://www.contour.org/about/

Quote:

The Contour Enthusiasts Group started in November 1996 (although we didn't call it back then) on the Contour-L mailing list. The group has grown in large numbers since, and the contour.org domain was acquired in August 1997. The first contour.org web presence appeared just before the end of 1997. Forums were added in June 2000, which led to traffic tripling in one year.

This version of the site went live in August 2001, on a new server housed by CEG member Matt Marshall. Money for the server and software was entirely obtained by generous donations from other members.

We lost the T1 at Matt's at the end of July 2002. Thank you Matt for the year of hosting!

In August 2002, the server moved to Andy Watson's place, where it is now hosted on a 1.1Mb SDSL line. Again, donations were graciously given by members to keep the site alive. Enough was raised to support the site for almost 2 years. Thanks everyone!

The server is comprised of dual 733MHz Pentium III's, with 512MB of RAM and 36GB of mirrored SCSI disk available. The system is currently running a Red Hat Linux 7.3 with all the latest updates applied regularly.

Posted By: perry_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 09:03 PM
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
When SZ is back in Michigan where it started, and where everyone remembers it being, more people will show up.

Where were the first two Spring Zings? Springfield of course. Not Michigan. And it didn't start as a national meeting, it started as more of a regional thing, and a bunch of folks from around the country showed up.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/18/03 09:27 PM
Maybe death of SZ and NM, but not CEG.

The Contique community will shrink over time, but just look for Capri and Merkur support and you'll see it's still out there. (And they are still meeting, albeit in small numbers.)

I, for one, have to be very choosy. I wish I had time to drive all over the country and meet up with people who share a passion for these cars. Sounds like a real hoot. Oh well. Got a family, and other priorities.

I'd love to go to Carlisle someday. Maybe I'll finally meet some of you there, along with owners of other cars I love. (see paragraph 2, above.)

Hell, I live 3 hours from the SCCA Solo II Nationals site, and I still haven't made it up there.

Someday...
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Death of CEG? No!! - 07/18/03 09:54 PM
Interest in the CDW27 cars will not "die off". Just like above, there are still Merkur and Capri clubs. Even the Mavericks and Falcons have loyal clubs!

This year, I think the interest has dwindled due to the recession. People don't have extra $$$ for mods, 2nd cars, trips, and extra time too.

Also, summertime is when people are outside, not in sufing the net.
Posted By: Kevdogg410 Re: Death of CEG? No!! - 07/18/03 10:09 PM
Originally posted by FocusTour:

oh wow.. that is what I should be doing instead of stuck here at work
Posted By: ScarContour_dup1 Re: Death of CEG? No!! - 07/18/03 11:57 PM
When I wrecked my Contour I tried to find an SVT, but couldnt find one in the Auburn, Montgomery area. I got my Jetta because it has better overall acceptance by the aftermarket community. That said, I am still planning on buying another Tour some day. My girlfriend loved the car as much as I did and she wants to buy one too. Maybe I'm just a softie for my first car, but I will love the Tour forever and will probably end up with 5 or 6 in my redneck backyard someday.
Posted By: DsCSVT Re: Death of CEG? No!! - 07/19/03 01:33 AM
Gotta love those redneck backyards. You got any old refrigerators or rusted out cars yet?
Posted By: MarkO_dup1 Re: Death of CEG? No!! - 07/19/03 02:03 AM
Ha !

There's a '8x Regal sitting on my driveway that hasn't moved in ~9months. It has grass growing up around the back of it now. (yes, grass is growing thru the driveway & no, the Regal isn't mine.)
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: Death of CEG? No!! - 07/19/03 02:20 AM
Originally posted by ScarContour:
When I wrecked my Contour I tried to find an SVT, but couldnt find one in the Auburn, Montgomery area. I got my Jetta because it has better overall acceptance by the aftermarket community. That said, I am still planning on buying another Tour some day. My girlfriend loved the car as much as I did and she wants to buy one too. Maybe I'm just a softie for my first car, but I will love the Tour forever and will probably end up with 5 or 6 in my redneck backyard someday.

War Eagle dude! My SVT came off the showroom floor of Auburn Ford, L-M. But you should've looked in B'ham, there is always one for sale around there.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 02:57 AM
Originally posted by RogerB:
I'd love to go to Carlisle someday. Maybe I'll finally meet some of you there, along with owners of other cars I love.

Roger, mark your calendar for next year's All Ford Nationals.

IIRC, we had over 30 Contours show up and had a good time even though it was pouring.

All Ford Nationals 2002

All Ford Nationals 2003
Posted By: White99SE Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 04:13 AM
Originally posted by RogerB:
Maybe death of SZ and NM, but not CEG.

The Contique community will shrink over time, but just look for Capri and Merkur support and you'll see it's still out there. (And they are still meeting, albeit in small numbers.)

I, for one, have to be very choosy. I wish I had time to drive all over the country and meet up with people who share a passion for these cars. Sounds like a real hoot. Oh well. Got a family, and other priorities.

I'd love to go to Carlisle someday. Maybe I'll finally meet some of you there, along with owners of other cars I love. (see paragraph 2, above.)

Hell, I live 3 hours from the SCCA Solo II Nationals site, and I still haven't made it up there.

Someday...

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think this site will keep going as long as there are still Contours on the road! I think the state of the economy right now has a lot to do with the poor turnout at SZ and NM. But just cuz those events were cancelled (or scaled back) doesn't mean that the CEG community is dying.

Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 05:05 AM
CEG won't die...Simply put. The reason for the dwindling in meets will happen....But I will say that in the SE we have had quite a few meets. I know myself, I have been involved or had a hand in three meets. One was the Nashville/Huntsville meet where we had a pretty good turn out in April on both days. Second, not as many but hey, we had some fun...July 4 and 5....Now we have one that I had no planning with but is at my house...LOL...and is tomorrow.

We will have a 2 from Miss, 1 from Chicago, 1 possibly from Chattanooga TN, and a few from HSV...Not big numbers by any means. But the primary reason is that we all are good friends cuz of the site and the reason we have meets or G2G's is cuz of the car.

As far as meets or anything this year, I just think this year was a fluke. It was hard to do with the locations and it was hard to get all the stuff organized. Everyone involved in the Nats worked hard and put in the effort, but people had other responsibilites and such that had to be taken care of. I couldn't go mainly cuz I am broke broke broke...and just got a job. I had intended to go...somehow....but I just couldn't afford it in the end.

I do agree, meets by region on one day is an idea. The plan would be to post pics of your meet and what took place....I still think that would be a good idea for later.

Right now what we need to do is get the National Meet off the ground. Throw everything at it, learn from our mistakes and begin building something for next year...

Never fear guys! This site will be around as long as there are Contiques...or...people to host the site...

Hang in there!!!!!

L8R
Rich
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 06:40 AM
...it cant die! I just found this site not too long ago! I got plans for maybe buying an svt by late 2004.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 07:01 AM
This is blasfamy(sp?) Don't speak of such things

This site won't die, there are too many people that have a passion for our cars and for one, I don't know all i want to yet so ya'll better be here to help me out

I just think we should stop posting in this thread as it is kind of a touchy subject and i don't think it makes anyone happy to read. Just lock it please.
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 07:37 AM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:

This site won't die, there are too many people that have a passion for our cars and for one, I don't know all i want to yet so ya'll better be here to help me out

I just think we should stop posting in this thread as it is kind of a touchy subject and i don't think it makes anyone happy to read. Just lock it please.

I just asked a question, if anyone else had noticed the trend.

I like this website very much and hope it never dies. This site is like a family to me and I'm here to help in anyway I can. I well be here for as long as the site is here and I will have my tour that long as well. I just thought I would point out to people that there is a trend, so we could turn it around.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 01:22 PM
Think of it like this, the Chevelle for instance is also dead, but people keep fixing/modding/driving them, right The thing is, theres always going to be people buying/selling this car, with stock ones still around, giving those people a "blank piece of paper" To this day, I still look forward to getting into my car and have a couple things to do to it yet, thus making it desirable to this day
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Death of CEG? No!! - 07/19/03 03:26 PM
Well the national meet is not dead it will just be smaller in turnout....more like a midwest meet.
Posted By: SAV Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 05:15 PM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:

Blasphemy. But yes, point taken.

I'd have to agree with the majority here. CEG has been around almost three years now since the Contour itself met the grave thanks to our fellow Focus friends. But anyhow, if we've lasted this long without dying, why the sudden scare about it now?

It's just a bad time in the world at the moment. As soon as the economy picks up again, SZ and the NM will more than likely turn up again to be the huge deal it is.

There was a Camaro meet at the Savannah Mall the other day. They aren't made anymore but there must've been at least 100 cars. So instead of wasting time worrying if the site/group is going to crash, I think we oughta pick up the pace and then we can have huge meets like that. Good feeling when you bring things back from the dead, stronger than ever.

Besides I need this place for my laughs! I'll never forget the Gold Bond thread in Common Interests.
Posted By: R_G Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 05:52 PM
I am not sure I may post here, for my membership here doesn't feature more than 4 months or something, but that's what I am thinkin':

1. Car-not-in-production is not an issue. There are enthusiast groups for everything ever manufactured or made on Earth, and them numbers seem to be stable.

2. The Forum - well, my experience with other Forums/Message Boards is that individual involvement alsmost never survives for more than 3 years, with all dedication and devotion possible. New members are coming in, but the veterans are leaving it, being tired to answer for the 1,235th time the same questions about CAI intake, painted dash or mesh grille. That's natural. Ppl move on.

I personally like the site, ya'll fellas seem to be kewl peoplez, so I guess I got some couple of years in store be4 I quit
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 06:13 PM
not a chance! definitely not any time soon will this site suddenly cease to exist, especially not because of smaller meet turnout. I'd also have to disagree about the turnout of local meets, but perhaps my region is a special case.

It is apparent that money is tight for people across the nation, especially in the past couple years. Definitely a big factor in people not being able to take big road trips. I know it's a factor for me.
Unexpected lay-offs, struggle for re-employment, settling for lesser paying jobs just to make due, and being hit by other big expenses has hit a number of people pretty hard.

The enthusiasm will never diminish though, merely the means to express that enthusiasm.
I'm patient. I keep my eyes set on better days to come.
The site will die only if you let it.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 07:55 PM
I think the negative feelings of people in general on general things (aka look at economy downturn) has made people not so anxious about doing things that would constitute a lot of time and energy and money.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/19/03 08:32 PM
CEG will be very old when it comes to an end.
This online community has shown the ability to come together when needed most. To put all "other" issues aside and worry about the one common thing that most of us are here for to begin with - our car and our enthusiasm for this platform.

Fact is, in my case, local meets are more likely to fit my schedule than national meets or long distance meets.

Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Death of CEG? No!! - 07/19/03 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Kevdogg410:

oh wow.. that is what I should be doing instead of stuck here at work

It was just an idea, , not a sorry

Also, the National Falcon Club has been around over 25 years, and the car was last made in (USA) 1970. There are numerous car clubs for antique cars that date back before many CEG members were born. Don't worry, CEG will be around.
Posted By: stickyjazz Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/20/03 02:26 AM
This pre-death worrying sounds like my 95 year old grandmother. She still does her finances and looks more than 5 years into the future!

Get a grip and don't start worrying about the death of CEG after only a few years. It could go on for another 10 for all we know.
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/20/03 06:47 AM
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/20/03 10:19 AM
okay that might be the worst pic i've ever seen....

i dont know that the site is dying but as was said...vets of the site have moved on while i've noticed many new members just this yr alone

personally i have been completely burned out on ceg and actually stayed away for quite awhile...now that i check in regularly again i post waaaaay less than i used to...common interests was my fave section but now im tired of the political and racial posts and the debates that go with them and dont have much need to post elsewhere

as far as the meets,justseems llike they are a thing of the past, except locally......even regional seems out of the question considering how tough it can be to get a local meet together......the socal guys do a good job of hooking up far as ican tell buti've never been to a meet personally

the site will live til lance burns it to the ground...its gotta live cuz my next car will be an svt when the time comes.....if i cant swing an a4
Posted By: oldmanriver Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/20/03 06:09 PM
Originally posted by gdub520:
its gotta live cuz my next car will be an svt when the time comes

I want an svt by the end of next year. I hope ceg will be still going good. I also hope I dont get bored of this car or ceg before I have the money, im really looking forward into having an svt.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/21/03 12:32 AM
I do remember that it seemeed like people expected any sort of National Meet to happen in their neighborhood. But, the recession has put a crimp in people's spending and long trips are first to go.

As time goes on and as long as there's enthusiastic drivers CEG will stay.
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/21/03 12:41 AM
People are going to come and go. I've only been on here 7 months, but I luv it. Everyone has different schedules and time and money constraints which prevents us from having the meets we'd of course love to have, with everyone there. But CEG is still strong, here's what we did in SE Michigan today:

Posted By: BOFH Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/21/03 02:20 AM
Originally posted by D Davis:
It's downturn and was bound to happen. We still get new members, I just don't know that big, national meets are going to fly anymore.

I mean really, I can only think of a few reasons to drive from AZ to IL, and a big-ass meet isn't one of them.

I don't think local meets have ever been stable.

I had a reason to make the AZ to IL trip

TB
Posted By: Blevans Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/21/03 02:24 AM
I just purchased a 98 contour (love it) and discovered CEG.
My comment is LONG LIVE CEG!!!! We all share an interest in the Contour family autos and should all stick together!!
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/21/03 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Blevans:
I just purchased a 98 contour (love it) and discovered CEG.
My comment is LONG LIVE CEG!!!! We all share an interest in the Contour family autos and should all stick together!!

See, the newbies can carry the torch.

And don't think because of Nat meets dying that CEG is, also. Other car clubs that I lurk have had big meets fizzle out too.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/21/03 01:15 PM
CEG die? What kind of talk is that? Been around 5 years. Many more to come.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/21/03 05:10 PM
NAT MEET IS NOT DEAD!!! It will be smaller in scale...and still a BLAST!!!
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Death of CEG? No!! - 07/23/03 10:23 AM
talking about redneck backyards..... i think my contour's goal is to be in one asap. the front as of now consists of my 96 contour (with blankets shut in the doors to keep the rain out, can't roll up windows due to short), and my mom's 85 olds 88 royale that i'm currently driving (hey, this big ugly olds 307 with the 7004r tranny chirps the tires). i even got it to powerbrake for about 1 second in front of a store...lol...

that reminds me of a trip i took to florida with my dad in february, my dad and uncle (he lives in florida) were drunk, and my dad rented a 2003 towncar for us, so i was designated driver, they wanted to know if the car had balls, so i checked by trying to powerbrake it, and the backend moved, so i switched off the traction control and it really lit up those tires at a car show we checked out in kissimmee, we were outside a family restaurant, i could just picture that: a brand new lincoln burnin up the tires....... oh man.... that was fun.....
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/23/03 10:41 AM
oh and another thing i notice, i know that i know more than the average person about cars, not saying i'm a genious, far from it, but i notice that cars like hondas... most of the poeple that want them don't know much about cars.

plus another thing, i can pick up a lot more chicks in my stock teal contour than any stock (non si... like maybe a dx or so....) civic. chicks dig my tour, maybe it's the color, maybe the styling, but they dig it, they all want one. it goes to show that this was at least car that has style to it, it's not all plain jane rental car like maybe a malibu. contours will remain, especially the svt ones. my next car (depending on how the air force treats me) is a black or red svt. no doubt about it. i love how the svt looks. contours are (fairly) cheap cars that handle great, everyone that has driven my car loves how the steering immediatly centers itself after a turn.

little things (not counting svts) like that will keep contiques alive....
Posted By: Zum Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/23/03 01:42 PM
I think people are just getting frustrated in certain sections because they cant get anything together and when they try, everyone bails. Things change and people get busy, but in no way do I think this place will ever die. After the summer is over, things will calm down a bit.. my two .02.

1BADTOUR: Remember this pic: we had a good turnout this summer and that is not even half of our chapter. I think we are growin strong!

Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/23/03 01:50 PM
I've noticed a down swing, but compare this site to some other vehicle enthusiast sites. This site is still bigger than most and I think it's got life left. I still come here even though I don't have the svt anymore, albeit to argue most of the time, lol.
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/23/03 04:12 PM
I plan on sticking around... I want a stock wheel, stock ride height 3L sleeper early SE as a winter car to drive when I get my 2005 Mustang GT. There's nothing like knowing every nut and bolt of a car to make you love it...
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/23/03 05:33 PM
Originally posted by bnoon:
I plan on sticking around... I want a stock wheel, stock ride height 3L sleeper early SE as a winter car to drive when I get my 2005 Mustang GT. There's nothing like knowing every nut and bolt of a car to make you love it...

Very cool!
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/23/03 07:52 PM
Two Focus clubs I know have had Zero meets in the past 6 months. So, CEG is doing fine, just a "changing of the guard."
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/24/03 02:31 AM
Two Focus clubs I know have had Zero meets in the past 6 months. So, CEG is doing fine, just a "changing of the guard."

Yeah, just look at how many times there are re-posts (aka Newbies) I've never seen so many new newbies since I've bean here. I think all the work of the former/present members helped get new ones.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/24/03 02:35 AM
"Death of CEG", yeah right! Go and look in Pics and Video under the same title and tell me what you think about that. We had 17 Tours, 1 FSVT and about 5-7 other "regulars" would just couldn't make it, so I'd say its nowhere close to dying out this way. Long live the "red-headed stepchild" of SVT and its predasesours...the SE and Sport
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/24/03 04:06 PM
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
"Death of CEG", yeah right! Go and look in Pics and Video under the same title and tell me what you think about that. We had 17 Tours, 1 FSVT and about 5-7 other "regulars" would just couldn't make it, so I'd say its nowhere close to dying out this way. Long live the "red-headed stepchild" of SVT and its predasesours...the SE and Sport

SE woot woot!!!
Posted By: Lazzzy Re: Death of CEG????????????? - 07/24/03 05:10 PM
I got my 98 lx for my b-day last year and wasn't really too excited about it till I got on this site and realized the true potential of our cars. Needless to say I got my CSVT 10 months later I love the site and the cars.
© CEG Archives