Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: LBVSVT_dup1 Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/12/03 01:08 PM
May 8 - I receive a reply back from DTEC to a technical question.
May 17 - I paypal them money.
May 28 - I send a friendly reminder.
May 29 - I get a reply back saying I should get the heatshield in a week.
June 27 - I tell them I'll cancel order if I don't hear back on status of order by July 2.
July 9 - I ask for a refund.
Today - still waiting to hear anything since May 29.

As far as I see it, I've given these guys plenty of chances to get back in touch with me. If DTEC reads this, don't send me your product, just send me a refund - I've already made one myself out of sheet metal products.

Anyone else care to vent and perhaps offer a next course of action?
Posted By: Seamore_dup1 Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/12/03 01:14 PM
make a compliant with paypal. I recently had to do that with a item from ebay. The guy couldn't have coughed up money fast enough. He also sent me the original item for free.
Posted By: horseydug_dup1 Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/12/03 02:02 PM
Silly me. I thought this was about our Duratec engines. Who/what are DTEC.

Yes, by all means, request Paypal to reverse transaction due to non-receipt of goods and lack of communication from supplier.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/12/03 08:06 PM
Honestly, I doubt you have been scamed by Dtec.......but i will agree that there communiction skills are being extremly bad. The Reason i feel like you guys are not being scamed, is because i have talked with them a lot in the past when they statred this and beofr ethat.....I truthful feel there not that type of people. Im not saying "to wait", I to reconmned going through PAYPAL and get your money back, All im saying is thats i find it hard to believe that they would need to scam GEGers.

Roz
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/13/03 03:09 AM
I am in the same boat as you my friend. I paid for mine on the 11th of may, got a pm saying they will be shipped out on the next monday, didnt recieve andything, so i sent another pm on the folowing monday and havent heard anyting since . i have sent numeros pms since the purchase of my heatshield and only had one reply.

I believe it is to late for paypal to refund the money, i thought they only took claims within 30 days of the payment.
Posted By: LBVSVT_dup1 Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/13/03 01:03 PM
When I get a chance, I'm following through with paypal to see what they say.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/17/03 01:41 AM
Anything?
Posted By: stickyjazz Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/17/03 01:54 AM
anybody try calling them? Dial that number see if they are still in biz....that's how we do it in the phone business. Then you hire the crackers!
Posted By: gdub520_dup1 Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/18/03 06:55 AM
think u guys are getting scammed the guys over at taurus car club have been waiting over a yr for modded 5.0 mustang uim for the vulcan...and they're all prepaid
Posted By: LBVSVT_dup1 Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/18/03 04:25 PM
I've been too busy to follow-up with Paypal, but it's on my to-do list this weekend.

Also, they've got a number?? Guess I better hop into their site ...
Posted By: stickyjazz Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/20/03 02:42 AM
time to call Paypal and get your money back!

Credit Card Transactions. The Buyer Protection Policy does not replace or reduce any other consumer rights Users may have, including reversal rights that may be granted by a User's credit card issuer. PayPal is the merchant of record with respect to all credit card transactions made through the PayPal service to purchase goods or services. As such, we afford customers the rights and privileges expected of a credit card transaction. You acknowledge that PayPal does not control the outcome of any reversal decision initiated through a User's credit card issuer.

PayPal encourages all buyer purchase disputes to be filed and resolved through the PayPal dispute resolution process. PayPal reserves the right to terminate or limit account access privileges of buyers in any of the following cases: abuse by a buyer of the reversal process provided by the buyer's issuing bank; filing a chargeback against an unauthorized transaction; consistent failure to pursue PayPal's Buyer Complaint Process before pursuing any alternate reversal process provided by the buyer's issuing bank. If a reversal claim is initiated, whether as a result of a dispute or for any other reason, the parties agree to provide to any requesting party on a timely basis any and all necessary documentation to resolve any reversal or dispute. PayPal DOES NOT act as the agent of either party in any transaction or resulting dispute, though PayPal does control the outcome of disputes initiated through the Service's dispute resolution process.
Posted By: LBVSVT_dup1 Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/20/03 04:14 PM
Thx Frank. I e-mailed them Friday night ...
Posted By: stickyjazz Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/21/03 03:41 AM
Uh Oh..... just talking with my brother tonight who is quite connected to the online / credit card industry and he was mentioning that Paypal is having troubles. Apparently there is a lot of scam busting going on with the credit card companies and many internet biz are shutting down due to problems processing transactions.

If you don't have the goods then call your credit card company and refuse the charges. Even if you paid them. They will investigate.

Forget Paypal complaints, they are only good for 30 d following purchase.

Posted By: stickyjazz Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/25/03 02:16 AM
any action yet? Spread the word about Dtec guys being scamers!
Posted By: LBVSVT_dup1 Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/28/03 05:30 PM
As expected not a peep from them and their website's down now ... go figure ... I'm just now in the process of filing an internet fraud claim with the IFCC - .... www.ifccfbi.gov
Posted By: stickyjazz Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 07/29/03 03:07 AM
[censored] that sux! Don't forget to reverse charges on the credit card. That is an easy one to start and now that the company appears to be gone , it should be a clear cut case!!

Good luck!!!
Posted By: Scoobasteve Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/06/03 03:07 PM
I just thought you guys might be intrested, I just called Visa and filed a fraud clam. They credited my account immeditly and everything is under control. F*ck those aholes at Dtec!

Dan
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/06/03 03:09 PM
when did you place your order with them?
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/06/03 04:11 PM
Crap. I really wanted one of those heatshields, too.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/06/03 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Scoobasteve:
I just thought you guys might be intrested, I just called Visa and filed a fraud clam. They credited my account immeditly and everything is under control. F*ck those aholes at Dtec!

Dan

Ok, i feel you pain because i ahve been scamed by internet business before.....But honestly i don;t think they ment to do it on porpous. If they did, why would they get everyones order out to so many who ordered...all the drama didn;lt start till Chad got beat and arrested by the police.

And he was also if i remember he was in the process of relocationg as well.

Now i know, thats no excuse for not contacting people....but i truth fully don;t believe they didn;t mena to do it to you guys......Im sorry you guys had to come to this....i hope everything works out in the end for you and Chad (DETC).

Best Of luck,

Roz
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/06/03 07:59 PM
Mine has been over 2 months. Will I be able to reverse the charges with my Visa? Paypal already denied me....
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/06/03 08:28 PM
Yes you will...just call and say you have not recieved the product yet but have paied, and the company seems to ahve gone out of business.

Roz
Posted By: Scoobasteve Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/07/03 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:

Dan

Ok, i feel you pain because i ahve been scamed by internet business before.....But honestly i don;t think they ment to do it on porpous. If they did, why would they get everyones order out to so many who ordered...all the drama didn;lt start till Chad got beat and arrested by the police.

Now i know, thats no excuse for not contacting people....but i truth fully don;t believe they didn;t mena to do it to you guys......Im sorry you guys had to come to this....i hope everything works out in the end for you and Chad (DETC).

Best Of luck,

Roz

Well I am sorry it turned out this way too, I have sent at least 10 emails to all 3 email address. Now the website is down! On top of that it has been 5 weeks since I placed my order. When I contacted Visa they said it is "against the law" to charge you credit card unless the item has shipped. WHAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF is that they were very quick to charge my card, which probably took about as much time to do as simply resonding to 1 of my 12 emails! Seriously, I dont even want the product anymore, The have screwed me and they have screwed everyone that has ordered the product, paid for it, and has yet to recieve it. You just dont F*CK with a mans hard earned money, even if it is only 75 bucks!

And to answer the question ablut visa refunding the money...yes Visa have a gaurenteed fraud protection for an unlimited amount of time, with in reason.

Dan

Dan

Best Of luck,

Roz

If you are good friends with them you might strongly suggest they become proactive in this situation, especially now that credit card companies are involved.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/07/03 03:07 PM
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:

Dan

Best Of luck,

Roz

If you are good friends with them you might strongly suggest they become proactive in this situation, especially now that credit card companies are involved.

I wouldn't call us close, but Before the "police" incident with Chad happened we were becoming good friends, IMHO. But then like you guys, he cut me off....In the middle of a e-mail conversation no less. And with me he left things hanging.

I ahve tried to get a hold of him and i know of a lot of closer firneds who have tried too...But i will continue trying.

Roz
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/07/03 03:31 PM
Before the "police" incident

Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/07/03 03:44 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Before the "police" incident

he wrote his story, in the Other Topic Section here on CEG. It was some huge celabration in his town, and the police were called out for riot control. Well he was waiting for a cab, and the poliec told him to move across the street (he called for a cab 20 minutes before hand) he told the cop the situation and the cop said to hurry up....Well the Lady Chad was with went across the street and listen to the cop.

She calls across the street for chad to follow, but he says no....Well she told a cop that hes not listening to her and the cop and about 5 or 6 others ended up beating him, aresting him...then blaming him for a poliece officer breaking his radio....well long stroy short he is suing the city and police department for excessive use of force and other stuff.... But after he posted this there was no where to be found...he tailed off.

But thats all i know form his story.

Roz
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/07/03 04:57 PM
I remember that post, he got the sh%t kicked out of him, it was complete police brutality. . .that's probably why the whole DTEC heat shield thing stopped. . .at least get the money back, I'm sure the dude will pop up for sure later. . .maybe he's in the hospital, you never know. . .but it's a product, and you deserve it given y'all have paid, just cancel the charge on the card and I guess water under the bridge??
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/07/03 05:38 PM
When I contacted Visa they said it is "against the law" to charge you credit card unless the item has shipped. WHAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF is that they were very quick to charge my card, which probably took about as much time to do as simply resonding to 1 of my 12 emails!

Just a note, this doesn't apply to Paypal transactions. The company getting the money never makes the charges against your card, Paypal does so, as soon as your payment is sent. They (Dtec) don't have to wait for the shipment in this case because they aren't the ones processing the cc numbers.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: Have We Been Scammed by DTEC? - 08/07/03 05:49 PM
Originally posted by bnoon:
When I contacted Visa they said it is "against the law" to charge you credit card unless the item has shipped. WHAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF is that they were very quick to charge my card, which probably took about as much time to do as simply resonding to 1 of my 12 emails!

Just a note, this doesn't apply to Paypal transactions. The company getting the money never makes the charges against your card, Paypal does so, as soon as your payment is sent. They (Dtec) don't have to wait for the shipment in this case because they aren't the ones processing the cc numbers.

Good point...i forgot about that.
© CEG Archives