Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: pgrubb warped dash - 06/26/03 10:11 PM
Anyone have any luck getting Ford to budge on the expiration date for a warped dashboard extended warantee? I just found out a couple of weeks ago that it was an extended warrantee and they basically said they would not stand behind the quality of their product. It will cost about $320us just to have the fix kit installed.

Any suggesstions?

thanks,

PFG :help: :mad:

Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: warped dash - 06/26/03 10:18 PM
Originally posted by pgrubb:
Any suggesstions?

SuperGlue ??
Posted By: pgrubb Re: warped dash - 06/26/03 10:20 PM
Tried...didn't hold...
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: warped dash - 06/26/03 10:32 PM
Originally posted by moxnix:
Any suggesstions?

SuperGlue ??

I also tried appoxy, it won;t hold unless you clean the [censored] out of the contact areas.....and givin how small the space it, my hands wont fit in there....im doing a custom dash...possible fiberglass or carbon fiber.

Roz
Posted By: mikey_dup1 Re: warped dash - 06/27/03 12:49 AM
You can get the dash kit fix (same one that a Ford dealer would use) from Fordparts Online. I did have to call them about it though cause I couldn't find it on line.
It's easy, it works, and if you PM me I'll send you the directions on how to do it.
You can also order a new dashfrom them as well.
mikey
Posted By: Taynar_dup1 Re: warped dash - 06/27/03 05:28 PM
Owner notification program 01B78.

It included defroster grill, defroster grill cover, edge moulding for the front edge of the dash (windshield), U-clips (for the defroster duct opening, and two sizes of rivets. It took about an hour and a half for my roomate and myself to install. I have the PDF files for the install guide if you need them. I got the kit from Bill Jenkins for a little under $60 I think, it's been a while since I got it.

Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: warped dash - 06/27/03 08:59 PM
Damn I have an extra midnite blue dash I'm trying to get rid of...any takers???
Posted By: larryw Re: warped dash - 08/11/03 11:43 PM
I have a similar problem with my 2000 Mystique LS. I love this car--I've put over 30,000 miles on it over the past 12 months with no serious problems. However, the dash is obviously warped and with 66,000 miles on the odometer, Ford isn't about to fix it under warranty. What drives me nuts is how the defroster grill keeps popping out, especially when the defroster is on. I guess the heat causes the thing to shrink and pop. Glues and sealers haven't been much use. Other than looking bad, will it cause any problems with the defroster if I just rip that thing out? Having this thing pop out when crusing to work in heavy fog at 4AM can be quite jarring!
2000 Mystique LS with V6, moon roof, leather, ATX.
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: warped dash - 08/12/03 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

How much for the dash with shipping????? ANd does it include the warp Fix?

I'll be willing to tkae it if its reasonable.

PS sorry didn;t mena tot post this here...PM me with details please!
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: warped dash - 08/12/03 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

How much for the dash with shipping????? ANd does it include the warp Fix?

I'll be willing to tkae it if its reasonable.

PS sorry didn;t mena tot post this here...PM me with details please!

You got a PM
Posted By: SlowNfurious Re: warped dash - 08/12/03 03:11 AM
i have seen this posted a few times before but have no clue what a warped dash looks like
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: warped dash - 08/12/03 03:35 AM
Originally posted by SlowNfurious:
i have seen this posted a few times before but have no clue what a warped dash looks like

Fortunately for you, Ford used better glue on the 98.5 so you don't need to worry. It was the 99 and 00 that had the dash glue come undone allowing the dash to peel back from the defrost vents.

Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: warped dash - 08/12/03 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim:

Fortunately for you, Ford used better glue on the 98.5 so you don't need to worry. It was the 99 and 00 that had the dash glue come undone allowing the dash to peel back from the defrost vents.

And for a lot of us they used it TWICE[/B]
Posted By: SlowNfurious Re: warped dash - 08/12/03 05:37 PM

cool,,, i mean uh thats sucks
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: warped dash - 08/12/03 07:18 PM

Uh, oh. (Runs out to look under the recently installed dash cover)
Posted By: jerseycaĆ¢ā?¢Å”10 Re: warped dash - 08/13/03 03:52 AM
Anyone have any luck getting Ford to budge on the expiration date for a warped dashboard extended warantee? I just found out a couple of weeks ago that it was an extended warrantee and they basically said they would not stand behind the quality of their product. It will cost about $320us just to have the fix kit installed.

Any suggesstions?

thanks,

PFG

I think I have the worst dash warp ever, my dash actually touches the windshield, does anyone else have it this bad too? I am not putting out the money to fix it, the contour is not worth enough to justify the investment.

Posted By: huey3211 Re: warped dash - 08/13/03 02:20 PM
use some rivits to hold it.....when i worked at ford, thats what the did to fix mine
Posted By: Roz 1999 SVT-C Re: warped dash - 08/13/03 02:46 PM
Originally posted by jerseycat10:

Any suggesstions?

thanks,

PFG

I think I have the worst dash warp ever, my dash actually touches the windshield, does anyone else have it this bad too? I am not putting out the money to fix it, the contour is not worth enough to justify the investment.

Mine wasn;t that bad till recnet..now it touches the wind sheild....oh well...

Roz
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: warped dash - 08/13/03 03:15 PM
Originally posted by huey3211:
use some rivits to hold it.....when i worked at ford, thats what the did to fix mine

Bought my car used. Came with rivets every 2 to 3 inches. Bunches of 'em.
© CEG Archives