Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: hydro Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 09/27/02 02:50 PM
did anyone from here make it out the Nopi Nationals this year? The contour had it's own class and here are the winners according to their web site. post some pics if anyone has any...

American - Sport Compact - Contour - Conservative
1 BRIAN YOW GREENSBORO NC
2 RYAN FREELAND STONE MOUNTAIN GA
3 STEWART DAUGHERTY OLIVER SPRINGS RD TN

American - Sport Compact - Contour - Mild
1 JONATHAN JONES BONAIRE GA
2 KEVIN SANSBURY PANAMA CITY FL

Nopi Nats

Posted By: fst4dr_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 09/27/02 03:00 PM
I saw 3 SVT's while I was there. A red one with white graphics all over it, a Black one, and a silver one. Just needed a green one to make it complete

I saw the silver one as I was driving in. I was riding with my friend in his '88 crown victoria w/flowmasters when we passed him. looked pretty sweet with the Mirko splitter.
Posted By: GR8SVT_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 09/27/02 03:13 PM
the red one with the white letter is absolutely beautiful.
there have been pics posted of that car in the past (old forum). i'm pretty sure its the same one.
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 09/28/02 07:34 AM
I saw Kevin's! What an amazing car. He really did a good job with it! Congratulations Kevin! I hope that you made it home okay! And congrats to all the winners! I only hooked up with three other people from the site, but it sounds like more people went. I saw three Contour SVTs in the parking lot. Next year we should all meet and go in as a group like Richard/sosaudio1 suggested. I saw many Honda and Acura caravans on my way down (sitting in traffic). But it would have been cool to have a Contour/Mystique Caravan!
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/20/03 09:00 PM
Originally posted by LoCoChick'95:
I saw Kevin's! What an amazing car. He really did a good job with it! Congratulations Kevin! I hope that you made it home okay! And congrats to all the winners! I only hooked up with three other people from the site, but it sounds like more people went. I saw three Contour SVTs in the parking lot. Next year we should all meet and go in as a group like Richard/sosaudio1 suggested. I saw many Honda and Acura caravans on my way down (sitting in traffic). But it would have been cool to have a Contour/Mystique Caravan!

Digging this up!

NOPI nationals 2003

Anyone wanna go this year? I remember someone saying in the old Forums that they had talked to someone at NOPI and had secured places for us to park...

Anyone know who?

Start lighting this up This would be cool to have a CEG meet at as well...

PM me, start posting on this thread.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/20/03 09:13 PM
Lookie at what I found
Quote:

from old archives 99SVTguy: Actually guys, n2deep here from the GA chapter of the CEG was successful in getting the contour its OWN CLASS for competition in the nopi nationals this year. He contacted the owner of Nopi here in ATL and was successful in getting the powers that be to add a contour only class to the show. There will be three general categories for contours from what I understand: conservative, mild, and wild. If you go wild, then you will be going head to head with all other wild domestics. Make sure when you sign up for the nationals that you make reference to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, as they give car club awards too.

We posted this info about 3 or 4 months ago but not too many people took interest. I think its awesome to have so many contours interested in representing during that show though. I'm suprised Ryan (n2deep) hasn't posted on this thread yet.

----------
Former owner of 1999 SVT Contour #555

and

Quote:

I actually got an email from Nopi-man himself. He offered us our own meeting room and parking spaces for free at the 2003 Nopi Nat's. I say we do something this year, and plan it BIG for next year!! By that time the turbo's will be out in full force!

----------
-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o

Chris, can you make a call or email?

Posted By: Importslayer Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/20/03 09:25 PM
YA I have post Nopi stuff 3 times and got locked out. There is going to be two class for tour's a662 is the conservative class and a663 is the mild. I personnally know and am good friend with Nopi peeps. June 21 and 22 there is going to be a show in the D.C. area I have already registered for the contour class and the race. If you need any info I can get it. It would be pretty sweet to have a large tour group out there.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/20/03 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Importslayer:
YA I have post Nopi stuff 3 times and got locked out. There is going to be two class for tour's a662 is the conservative class and a663 is the mild. I personnally know and am good friend with Nopi peeps. June 21 and 22 there is going to be a show in the D.C. area I have already registered for the contour class and the race. If you need any info I can get it. It would be pretty sweet to have a large tour group out there.

Post any info about what you can get going with NOPI here. If you are indeed good friends with the NOPI coordinators, ask them about the room and parking spaces at the Nats, we need info. I would say that we are interested, but we need to truly be interested...so if you are riding the fence, as anyone who has been will tell you, it rocks, come on over and lets get the group together to make it this year.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: Importslayer Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/20/03 09:39 PM
Are you guys just interested in the Nationals in September and the Nopi Wars In June or just the Nationals. This past weekend they just had the Wars in Tampa and I hear it was pretty sweet. Just tell me which one. I'm going to both.
Posted By: Importslayer Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/20/03 09:46 PM
Just got of the phone 10 or better, and we get in cheap. If your intrested let me know and I send them the info
Posted By: onosway Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/20/03 10:47 PM
can't wait for the California show..my cars gonna kill!
Posted By: hydro Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/21/03 12:12 AM
i will be there
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/21/03 12:25 AM
I am going to try and get off for the NOPI Nationals. I had a blast last year.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/21/03 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Importslayer:
Are you guys just interested in the Nationals in September and the Nopi Wars In June or just the Nationals. This past weekend they just had the Wars in Tampa and I hear it was pretty sweet. Just tell me which one. I'm going to both.

June is too close to plan for...lets shoot for Nats in ATL in September...we neeed to do at least 10+! We have about 3 or so. If you are planning on being there, POST here and PM me and Importslayer so that we know.

Ask your contact at NOPI if we can get him/her to furnish us with all the info...discounts on tix? Discounts on lodging? What can he/she do?

ALSO for the sake of simplicity, see if we can get him a screenname and make it to where he can post here as well. That will help us with direct questions dealing in showing, Arrival time for those to show and extra info like that.

Thanks dude! You are taking the ball and running that is good stuff!

Who can I get to go to NECO? Heather do you still have your contacts there??? If so, PM them, and I need someone to put a post up there also. I can probably get a ZX2, maybe a focus and some others....so that would boost us to around 6 but I want to get a good core of 10+ here first. I say, ask him/her if we get more of a discount for more people...say 20!

L8R
Rich
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/21/03 05:19 AM
i'm going, should be bringing a friend. If my body kit is on by then, I'll probably come in my car and may show if it doesn't cost too much extra. my interior absolutely sucks though, if i could borrow someone's interior for that weekend, that would be great. I need carpet, all plastic peices and seats, or atleast seat covers.
Posted By: auiotour Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/21/03 02:48 PM
I might come, but I have ATX, if I can get the ripper to bring his 98 svt sc, that would be fun.
Posted By: 95Mike_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/21/03 06:23 PM
Is there a list of locations for this stuff? I would like to go, but even Cali is a bit of a trip let alone the east coast/dirty south.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/23/03 04:55 AM
Keep the interest...this is gonna be cool again this year!

Rich
Posted By: daniels_scsvt Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/23/03 12:28 PM
where are the contour pics? I can't find them at the URL above.....

Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/26/03 04:07 AM
no pics yet....NOPI 2003 is coming September 20 & 21. Hopefully we will have LOTS of pics of LOTS of cars that will show...this thread was dug up to try and rekindle an interest and it has in the SE Forum. For those that can make this, make your plans now. Never been to one and wonder if it is worth it, ask someone who has been. This will be my third time going and it rocks every year.

Story time. What was your most memorable moment of NOPI 2002?

Mine, the drive in with all the cars, the drive out, and all the cars inside.....ESPECIALLY the tours! AWESOME STUFF!

L8R
Rich
Posted By: solefood21_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/26/03 06:18 AM
Count me in.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/26/03 06:22 AM
Originally posted by solefood21:
...this non-useful information brought to you by the folks at CEG, A car outta production, but we still find something to talk about.

-thanks bk4293-

I likes the sig
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/26/03 03:06 PM
Count me in.

awesome
Rich
Posted By: solefood21_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 05/27/03 01:22 AM
Originally posted by bk4293:
...this non-useful information brought to you by the folks at CEG, A car outta production, but we still find something to talk about.

-thanks bk4293-

I likes the sig

Had to. Best thing I've read all week.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 07/15/03 07:53 AM
It's Coming........
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 07/15/03 06:35 PM
Hope to see ya'll there.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/12/03 09:32 AM
We are about to get this party started.

Soon I will be collecting names and cell numbers from people that will be showing or going to NOPI. This list will then be built in Excel and emailed to those who are interested in meeting up.

To give you a heads up, what I do for these lists is to ask you to PM me the info, whether or not you want info to be published...meaning, everyone who PM's me their info can see your info....or whether you just want me to contact you about where we are at a certain time to meet...yaadaayaaada...

Come to think of it, this event will probably be bigger this year due to the fact that it is in September instead of August....cooler temps!!!!

Keep an eye on this thread, if it begins to slip, ttt it.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/13/03 01:25 AM
Rich, it would be cool if more than me and you just talked in these posts. Come on ya'll, this is like the biggest car show ever, we need to represent.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/13/03 07:45 AM
Well that is ok. They are out there it will just take time for them to get their schedules together....many of em are also in Chitown so hey!

Here is what I have so far based on interest in this thread...

1. Importslayer
2. Hydro
3. Nyceboi - ? Unsure
4. Audiotour - Possible
5. The Ripper - Cali, may not make it
6. LoCoChick - possible
7. LoCoZ - Possible
8. Solefood 21
9. sosaudio1 - dats a given
10. Kremit - really really wants to go.

There may be more just have to touch base with other people and check other threads....

You going and your name not on the list, put it there.

soon we will get the PM list running so that we can get the group organized for NOPI.

The Nats are the bomb, don't misunderstand this. This IS probably the biggest car show expressly for Sport Compacts that there is.

Burn out contests, concerts, lots and lots of giveaways, product demos, products....guys, this PACKS out the Atlanta Motor Speedway....PACKS IT OUT!!!! They had to turn away cars in droves becuz it was FULL last year.

Njoy
Rich
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/13/03 04:57 PM
Originally posted by sosaudio1:

1. Importslayer
2. Hydro
3. Nyceboi - ? Unsure
4. Audiotour - Possible
6. LoCoChick - possible
7. LoCoZ - Possible
8. Solefood 21

11. Big Eric Terrill - prolly go a day or two

I'm not gonna show my rice rocket, but I'll sure go for a lil bit. Heck, I'm only two hours away so I'll be there.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/14/03 03:09 AM
1. Importslayer
2. Hydro
3. Nyceboi - ? Unsure
4. Audiotour - Possible
6. LoCoChick - possible
7. LoCoZ - Possible
8. Solefood 21
12. FLCEGKID
13. MJF4
14. Skeeters20
15. FlechaAutoSports - Taking the SuperStreet Tour!
16. AnthonyConstant
17. Matt2kSVT
18. fst4dr - possible

These are from the other thread and it will continue to be updated as we roll in mo info!

Excellent response...Some possibles some undecideds...Lemmie know soon if you plan to make it fo sho!

Remember it is September 20 and 21, so you have time to plan. The list will not be made and loaded into Excel until 2 weeks prior. This will give plenty of time for you to get that last minute in so that I can get you on the list of contacts for NOPI

Remember that the list will ONLY be issued and your info will only be published once I get your PM with the info and you tell me that you want to have the info published. At that time I will send you a PM confirming with my email addy to look for when I ship the document...

Anyone else, post!

Rich
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/14/03 06:40 PM
Wait a minute! Ya know what I just realized!?!!? Since my car is dead right now, I can't go to the Chicago NM, right? Ergo I'm gonna save a butt load of money for not going to Chicago. Therefore, that very same butt load of money can be spent to tint, lower, and add general sweetness to my already hot hotness! I just might show after all...
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/15/03 05:23 PM
i'm going to nopi this year, count me in on the list!!!

hopefully i can wrangle up davo7 and nascarsigep from neco to roll out with me
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/18/03 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
i'm going to nopi this year, count me in on the list!!!

hopefully i can wrangle up davo7 and nascarsigep from neco to roll out with me

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Importslayer
2. Hydro
3. Nyceboi - ? Unsure
4. Audiotour - Possible
6. LoCoChick - possible
7. LoCoZ - Possible
8. Solefood 21
12. FLCEGKID
13. MJF4
14. Skeeters20 - Saturday only
16. AnthonyConstant
17. Matt2kSVT
18. fst4dr - possible
19. Speed Demon

These are from the other thread and it will continue to be updated as we roll in mo info!

Excellent response...Some possibles some undecideds...Lemmie know soon if you plan to make it fo sho!

You are added. If this keeps up which it looks like it will, we are headed for a HUGE turnout. Kremit and Skeeters have both stated that they want to do a pretty large caravan and take over a burger joint...that will be about all we can afford after we blow up in NOPI...I think the plans will come together.

Keep watching this thread, I do need to make sure all that are on the list are definite...or will be soon, so if you see someone on the list here that has not said anything in awhile, nudge them and have them either post here or PM me and I will do the updates.

Once we get the cement in here, we will then begin the process of building the document needed to get everyone networking. That network is needed and crucial at this event. What I will require of those of you coming is a good cell phone that you can hear over noise, an email addy to send the contact list, and a watch. What I will do in the next few weeks is get your cell numbers and your info like name, screenname, car, showing, and cell number, and whether you want that info, or info in parts "published" UNDERSTAND, I WILL NOT PUT ANY CELL PHONE INFO HERE!!! This is to protect you! The reason I give you the option to publish your cell number, is that, the sheets that are made, will be sent VIA email to those that are concrete to be coming. Tell me to publish, and those that receive the list see your cell number. This is also good for redundancy as I can tell one of the other CEGers to see if they can find you, or call you to get info to you.

Those of you who may not wish to publish your numbers, I will have them, and I will be the only one calling you. So again, if I have some that leave the numbers published, I can ask them to call those people leaving me the opportunity to call those numbers that are not published.

Get ready!

Time is burning down!!!! Is your car ready for the drive? Do you need to do some modding? Get to it, we want to see you in full force at NOPI!

L8R
Rich
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/18/03 08:58 AM

1. Importslayer
2. Hydro
3. Nyceboi - ? Unsure
4. Audiotour - Possible
6. LoCoChick - possible
7. LoCoZ - Possible
8. Solefood 21
12. FLCEGKID
13. MJF4
14. Skeeters20 - Saturday only
16. AnthonyConstant
17. Matt2kSVT
18. fst4dr - possible
19. Speed Demon
20. n2deep

UPDATE

Be sure to read the other threads in the SE forum. I will be going Saturday only so I will need to leave Sunday in someone's capable hands. That someone will need to be a go-getter capable of leaping tall....ummmm anyway. I will need someone with cell phone minutes that can be able to ralley the troops. If you feel this person is you, when the time comes to build the lists, tell me that you want to coordinate Sunday. We will then all get together on Saturday, work that strategy out and I will personally meet with the people that did not want to have cell phone numbers published and work out a strategy for them.

If not, then what we will do, is do the "fall-back plan" meaning that meet times and events will copy to Sunday.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/28/03 07:59 AM
UPDATE

Had to release Heather...LoCoChick due to vacation times...bummer

Based on response in this and the other thread:

1. Importslayer
2. Hydro
3. Nyceboi - ? Unsure
4. Audiotour - Possible
6. LoCoZ - Possible
7. Solefood 21
8. sosaudio1 - dats a given Saturday Only
9. Kremit - really really wants to go.
10. Big Eric Terrill (Chattavegas) - prolly go a day or two
11. FLCEGKID
12. MJF4
13. Skeeters20 - Saturday Only
14. FlechaAutoSports - Taking the SuperStreet Tour!
15. AnthonyConstant
16. Matt2kSVT
17. fst4dr - possible
18. Speed Demon
19. n2deep - ?
20. ATL-SVT - With his MOPAR sponsored entourage.

We did gain ATL-SVT.

If you are on this list with "?" marks or possible or unsure, please quote post whether or not you are coming...If you are missing from this list, quote post and add to it. Remember, there are three threads. Two in SE and this one here. The Nopi is closi thread that Kremit started is valid, but not as vital as the one with dates. This one will be similar to the general post and will have the list in it. Why two posts? Because, some people will be coming from further away, and some people rarely even look in the sections forums. This just covers all the bases cleanly.

Due to the response, I may have to bump up the process time to get everything solidifed...Keep an eye out on this

L8R
Rich
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/28/03 02:14 PM
add me as # 21 i will be there with my 1998 black svt #3722. pretty much stock with very minor add ons. also i saw a few of you talking about ryans (n2deep) t-red svt with the white graphics. he will be there but his car may not. he has stripped the graphics and done alot of work to the csvt since nopi last year and its looking better than ever. i just wanted to post that for him since his is the best looking csvt i have ever seen. how many total csvt's will be there parking inside? anyone know? tailgate anyone?beer for all,hehehe.

ryan
Posted By: ATL-SVT_dup1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/28/03 02:27 PM
Rich, since I don't have time at the moment to read all 4 pages of this thread.... I am set on being there. Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to Register or just show up with the group? . I'd like to register, but it depends on whether or not I get all my engine stuff powder coated in time? So I'm in, I'm coming with the contour Group and I'm gonna bring some others with me (I dunno if that matters as far as head count goes?) I read something about email correspondance for finalizing plans..... My email is:

tshiffer@aglresources.com

Thanks,

Tim
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/29/03 07:39 PM
Originally posted by ATL-SVT:
Rich, since I don't have time at the moment to read all 4 pages of this thread.... I am set on being there. Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to Register or just show up with the group? . I'd like to register, but it depends on whether or not I get all my engine stuff powder coated in time? So I'm in, I'm coming with the contour Group and I'm gonna bring some others with me (I dunno if that matters as far as head count goes?) I read something about email correspondance for finalizing plans..... My email is:

tshiffer@aglresources.com

Thanks,

Tim

Kool!!! I would show if you can...but...it would be even better if there is something that your car has that is different from other SRT's. If you are bringing more people, that is cool, I will need you to get their info and you will be their 411 at the event.

Be thinking about your cellphone, its battery capacity, whether you will be roaming in Atlanta Georgia and make necessary changes.

Be thinking about whether or not you will be rooming two days or one and I need to get with everyone that will be there that day to see who I can trust with the lists and who can get events planned for Sunday since I will not be there. If this is you, you need to be really pumped up about this, and be ready to motivate people so that no one gets left behind. I also need you to be sober...Hahahahaa...why cuz NOPI starts early in the morning and you are gonna need to be game early on so that you hava game plan.

Be thinking about your cash flow status as well. You will need to eat. Also think about whether you can stand long amounts of heat and tire rubber burning smell and lots of people.

Remember to get LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND....you get the idea....of film or if you go digital, lots of dig media for your camera...you won't be dissappointed

Parking situation will have to be monitored on a cosistant basis....why? Because, parking at NOPI will be everywhere and will fill everywhere...I say this to you so that if you have the "perfect place" to park the group, as the group comes in and gets situated, we may want to move the cars to your "perfect parking spot"

Anyone know if SuperStreet has come out with their 2003 guide yet? I will be checking soon.

FYI those of you with last years guide, there was a grey contour....looks SVT in the shot with the cars.

OK I am late for work....keep an eye on the bottom of these pages for updates.

The ball has started rolling

Rich

Gotcha Ryan----will add soon
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 08/31/03 11:15 PM
1. Importslayer
2. Hydro
3. Nyceboi - ? Unsure
4. Audiotour - Possible
6. LoCoZ - Possible
7. Solefood 21
8. sosaudio1 - dats a given Saturday Only
9. Kremit - really really wants to go.
10. Big Eric Terrill (Chattavegas) - prolly go a day or two
11. FLCEGKID
12. MJF4
13. Skeeters20 - Saturday Only
14. FlechaAutoSports - Taking the SuperStreet Tour!
15. AnthonyConstant
16. Matt2kSVT
17. fst4dr - possible
18. Speed Demon
19. n2deep - ?
20. ATL-SVT - With his MOPAR sponsored entourage.
21. ryanblacksvt

OK sorry the update is late... As many of you have found, you have been PM'd. I have sent you the info I need to start the list. Anyone else who is looking thru the forums and has not yet registered with CEG and wants to meet up, this and the SE forum thread will be the place to find more updates as we begin to close in on September 20.

All those that have received PMs, I will need a response quickly.

Get ready, here it comes. If you want to have a heads up on the event, get the latest issue of SuperStreet Magazine. This will give you the guide to NOPI bundled with it.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals UPDATE!!!! - 09/03/03 08:43 PM
OK the list has dwindeled a bit but we have friends bringing friends so we will still have quite a group...

So far these are the definites:
1. sosaudio1
2. skeeters 20
3. Ryanblacksvt
4. FlechaAutoSports
5. ATL-SVT
6. Kremithefrog
7. Chattavegas

We have some undecideds and some with questions...all is well.

A lot of you I notice did not want your cell numbers published....just wanted to make sure you understood NO numbers get published in threads. They are only used on the lists that will be sent to the individuals coming to the nationals and are only used to get everyone on the same page.

Just wanted to make sure we are clear on that. If you wish to change that status PM me back so that I can make sure it changes before I go to set it up. If you wish to keep it non-published that is cool too. Either way, we want to make sure you get respected.

Cool?

Alright....now, lets get ready to have some fun

see you there
Rich
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals UPDATE!!!! - 09/06/03 07:02 AM
OK guys we are getting closer to the 20th...I need to know if anyone else is wanting to go to this...I think, joecaffeine is coming and I am going to ask BigMoneyRacing becuz he is nearby....If you are interested in going, reply to this post or send me a PM....

Sheets will be made soon, shipped to email addys soon after..

Anyone who is just lingering and has not reged to the site, register, then lets meet you at NOPI

If you have never been to a NOPI and are interested in Sport Compact Cars, you need to check this out. The Atlanta Motor Speedway was completely filled with cars last year to the point of not being able to accept any other cars....FULL!!!! They were turning LINES of cars away at the gates!!! What does this mean to you??? Think slowly on this. Every square inch of Atlanta Motor Speedway...with the exception of the grass was full of either, cars, vendors, stage presentations, more cars, models, CAR MANUFACTURERS, or people.....This is huge. If you can go, do not hesitate. Take the entire day off and lets all meet there in Atlanta on the 20th....and possibly the 21st.

See you there
Rich
Posted By: mrspindlelegs Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 09/07/03 04:22 PM
Pardon my cluelessness but what does the term "NOPI" stand for? I've run several searches on the internet and came up with zilch for a definition. My guess is that NOPI means "National Organization for Performance Imports".

Note: I took a break from reading and building performance automobiles from ~ 1993 to 2002 so there is a lot that I've missed.

Dave Keller
1995 Contour SE
1999 Contour SVT
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 09/08/03 12:52 AM
It stands for Number One Parts Inc.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 09/09/03 07:03 AM
Dave you should come to this then. Kinda a welcome to the world of sport compact tuning.

UPDATE....Alright well soon this will close out so that I can make the sheets....If you know of anyone who has a tour, and wants to do stuff with it but have not yet joined or maybe this person is you, come hangout with us on the 20th.

Gonna PM some more people, those who have not responded to the initial PM, I will not PM again....just cuz I am not gonna be rude like that....and don't have the time.....anyhoo.

We shall have a good time no matter how many show up.

This is gonna rock!

L8R
Rich
Posted By: mrspindlelegs Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 09/09/03 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
It stands for Number One Parts Inc.

Thanks for the definition.

Dave Keller
1995 Contour SE
1999 Contour SVT
Posted By: mrspindlelegs Re: Contours at Nopi Nationals? - 09/09/03 02:10 PM
Dave you should come to this then. Kinda a welcome to the world of sport compact tuning.

L8R
Rich

Sorry, but there is no way I can make it. I'm in the process of moving so there is no spare time available.

Dave Keller
1995 Contour SE
1999 Contour SVT
© CEG Archives