Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I want to pick up a used trunk lid from a '96 and transport it back home in my '98. Does anyone know if it will fit without scratching things up?

Thanks.
Does the '98 have split folding rear seats? If so, I'd assume you could put it sideways and it would work fine.
If you hve folding rear seats, yes.

I've had many parts in the back of my SE and SVT with the seats down including hoods and trunks, just take your time and be carefull.

Honestly, I have not yet picked up the '98 so I don't know if it has the fold-down rear seats.

If not, does anyone know if the trunk lid will fit through the back doors and into the passenger compartment that way?
Originally posted by 96RedSE5Sp:

If not, does anyone know if the trunk lid will fit through the back doors and into the passenger compartment that way?

Yes it does, I delivered a trunk inside my SVT in the back seat area from Omaha to Iowa City and yes it does fit. It was tight and had to be adjusted a few times to get it to fit but yes it will fit.

Bring towels or a comforter to prevent scratches.

Thanks. That's just what I needed to know.
I put a pre 98 trunk lid sitting upright in the backseat of my old SVT without folding the seats down.
That was my trunklid
© CEG Archives