Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: scainerrt so long contour - 09/01/06 08:17 PM
well the tour finally has to go. after $1800 in parts in the last 8 months and now she needs another $1000 in transmission work. so now we are getting a 2006 ford fusion sel for 0% financing. it drives great and has 220+ hp! we will pick up the fusion tomorrow morning thanks to the monsoon that is brewing over D.C.
Posted By: Tourige Re: so long contour - 09/01/06 08:23 PM
Originally posted by scainerrt:
well the tour finally has to go. after $1800 in parts in the last 8 months and now she needs another $1000 in transmission work. so now we are getting a 2006 ford fusion sel for 0% financing. it drives great and has 220+ hp! we will pick up the fusion tomorrow morning thanks to the monsoon that is brewing over D.C.

Shoulda waited and got the 3.5 Duratech.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: so long contour - 09/01/06 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by scainerrt:

Shoulda waited and got the 3.5 Duratech.

exactly what I was thinking. I would sell the contour, drive the beater for a little bit and pick up a new fusion with a duratec35.

Still a good choice though, I bet he got a killer deal.
Posted By: dgodard Re: so long contour - 09/01/06 11:53 PM
3.5 duratec? When will be this available?
Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: so long contour - 09/01/06 11:54 PM
yeah, but by then he won't get the 0% for 72 months promo.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: so long contour - 09/02/06 04:24 AM
Originally posted by dgodard:

where have you been?

Its already avliable in the new Zypher and will be avliable in the Fusion late next year. Along with all of the other ford cars with the 3.0L right now.
Posted By: Reebs Re: so long contour - 09/02/06 04:50 AM
Originally posted by AliasJerkâ?¢:

where have you been?

Its already avliable in the new Zypher and will be avliable in the Fusion late next year. Along with all of the other ford cars with the 3.0L right now.

Is there any possiblity of dropping this 3.5L Duratech into Contours in the next few years!?!? Or is the 3.5L to different? If possible, I may have to wait a year or two for a 3.5L instead of the 3L!!!

Reebs
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: so long contour - 09/02/06 04:54 AM
From it's dimensions, the 3.5L is fittable. It's just making motor mounts, mating it up to a tranny that will be the big thing. I doubt anyone will do it, but it will be cool if they do.
Posted By: Reebs Re: so long contour - 09/02/06 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
... but it will be cool if they do.

That would be more than cool!

Posted By: scainerrt Re: so long contour - 09/04/06 12:20 PM
well so far we love the fusion! probably because it's a new car. this thing has a lot of power and plenty of room. the only sad part about the whole deal is that i have several contour parts to sell(chrome rims/tires and brand new snow tires). i just hope i can find a website like this on for the fusion.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: so long contour - 09/04/06 12:33 PM
Congrats on the new ride.
Have you checked out this site?:
cd338
Posted By: scainerrt Re: so long contour - 09/04/06 06:19 PM
thanks for the info. i will still visit this site for all of the other interesting discussions that occur on ceg and when my kids start driving they may even get a tour to start out with.
Posted By: dgodard Re: so long contour - 09/04/06 09:13 PM
Originally posted by AliasJerkâ?¢:

where have you been?

lol...i'm new with wife's mystique
© CEG Archives