Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
What's the best fix?

What are my options?

Besides the el cheap-o walmart covers.

Get a wheelskin
Yup, wheelskins are pretty nice. Took me forever to do mine and I need to redo it as some stitched areas aren't as tight as others.
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:
What's the best fix?

What are my options?

I saw some leather covers in Wal Mart that looked OK...

What's wrong with them?
I think the wheelskins are the best choice that I have seen before.

Originally posted by RogerB:
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:
What's the best fix?

What are my options?

I saw some leather covers in Wal Mart that looked OK...

What's wrong with them?

From personal experince- do the Wheelskin. Much, much better looking. And be sure to put something on your fingers so you don't get blisters. I got horrible ones from the twine stuff.
Let me know the year and color and I will see what the OEM would go for. They are reasonably priced, and some time I can get them at 50% if a dealer has one in stock that is old.
Posted By: epattonm Re: leather steering wheel falling apart... - 09/01/06 02:52 AM
2000 CSVT with midnight blue interior, please.

Sorry to high-jack, but I'm having the same problem.
Me too.

Midnight blue.

Rich S
I may also be interested in a midnight blue steering wheel depending on price.
Originally posted by teamSVTour:

And me too. Midnight blue.
And my brother too (98.5, midnight blue).
Posted By: Frosty Re: leather steering wheel falling apart... - 09/01/06 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim:

Midnight blue here as well.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: leather steering wheel falling apart... - 09/01/06 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Frosty:
Originally posted by Big Jim:

Midnight blue here as well.

Same here.
greystone leather ...
Bill - Is it possible to get JUST the airbag cover, or do you have to purchase the entire wheel?
I called Bill...

Our "normal" cost was like $260...

But, he's hoping to find them for less.

Posted By: elraido Re: leather steering wheel falling apart... - 09/01/06 02:37 PM
junkyard, get a pre 98 wheel. Mine is still in perfect condition...I am the 4th owner and the car has 184K miles on it, so it isn't like it hasn't been used.
Trust me I'm going tomorrow.

It took me a minute to find it, but there is an ebay seller that has a few new Black leather SVT steering wheels for like $30.

ebay link
99 Prarie Tan please....
Originally posted by Ex-Mean'Tour:
It took me a minute to find it, but there is an ebay seller that has a few new Black leather SVT steering wheels for like $30.

ebay link

Wow. That's pretty cool.
Ok,

The midnight blue one is
F8NZ-3600-AAB List $231.17 CEG $172.13
They are obsolete, but I can get them still from another dealer. There are only 3 left.

Originally posted by PacificTourG:

ebay link

Wow. That's pretty cool.

That is pretty nice, problem is that they NEVER made a black leather wheel for either the Tour or Tique. So this can not be a Ford Factory part. That guy is selling an aftermarket wheel.

ebay link

Wow. That's pretty cool.

Cougar steering wheel BLACK
Originally posted by Bill J. at Team Ford:

ebay link

Wow. That's pretty cool.

That is pretty nice, problem is that they NEVER made a black leather wheel for either the Tour or Tique. So this can not be a Ford Factory part. That guy is selling an aftermarket wheel.

Really? I didn't know. Sorry everyone.
Posted By: DanMyers Re: leather steering wheel falling apart... - 09/02/06 01:38 AM
Isn't it an 01+ Cougar wheel?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: leather steering wheel falling apart... - 09/02/06 02:14 AM

ebay link

Wow. That's pretty cool.

Sorry Bill. Not correct.

That is a Ford OEM 99-00 Cougar wheel.
Posted By: Reebs Re: leather steering wheel falling apart... - 09/02/06 03:29 AM

That is pretty nice, problem is that they NEVER made a black leather wheel for either the Tour or Tique.

Bill was correct about the first part!

Reebs
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: leather steering wheel falling apart... - 09/02/06 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Reebs:

That is pretty nice, problem is that they NEVER made a black leather wheel for either the Tour or Tique.

Reebs

Yeah, my bad. I forgot to delete the first line from his quote.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: leather steering wheel falling apart... - 09/02/06 03:40 AM

Reebs

Yeah, my bad. I forgot to delete the first line from his quote.
Posted By: Reebs Re: leather steering wheel falling apart... - 09/02/06 04:17 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Reebs

Yeah, my bad.

I know.

Reebs
© CEG Archives