Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: slingersvt Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 04:57 PM
Hey,

A midst all the repairs I'm doing I have somehow misplaced the cover to my fuse box that is located in the engine compartment. I've tried the junk yards around here but no luck thus far. Can anyone help me here? It's for my 98 Contour SVT. I'm not sure if this cover is year or model sensitive. Let me know guys.

Thanks!!

slingersvt
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 05:25 PM
I just checked with Ford for the second time and he said that the fuze box cover for all Contours from 96~98 are the same regardless of model so if anyone has one I could really use the fuse box. Thanks.

slingersvt
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 06:07 PM
This is not true! Fuse box covers do differ. I don't know from when to when though.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 06:11 PM
Originally posted by todras:
This is not true! Fuse box covers do differ. I don't know from when to when though.

o rly?

My cover is the same on my SVT as it is on my brothers 95 SE
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 06:15 PM
Ya rly. Some are totally square boxes and some have a side that is angled.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 06:18 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Ya rly. Some are totally square boxes and some have a side that is angled.

yes, this is true. I will try to find pictures.
Posted By: pittass Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 06:27 PM
Hey, new to this forum. Just obtained a 1996 Contour V6. Looking for a fuse box diagram as well. I have no radio, interior lights, etc.

Hoping someone can post a pic so I know what fuses to check.

Thanks
Paul
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 06:30 PM
Originally posted by pittass:
Hey, new to this forum. Just obtained a 1996 Contour V6. Looking for a fuse box diagram as well. I have no radio, interior lights, etc.

Hoping someone can post a pic so I know what fuses to check.

Thanks
Paul

Welcome . Turn on the headlights and walk to the back. Are the rear lamps on? If not, then it is the headlamp switch. There is a recall on it. If not, post and we will provide the part numbers, cost and how to.

Fuse diagram here

In addition, download an Owners' Manual free www.fleet.ford.com
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 06:35 PM
so, does anyone have one or can anyone get one from their local salvage yard? Ford is telling my $40.....
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 08:44 PM
Originally posted by slingersvt:
so, does anyone have one or can anyone get one from their local salvage yard? Ford is telling my $40.....

Fuse boxes should be the same for all 95-98, then somewhere in late 99 they changed.

I have a cover from a 98 for you. PM me.
Posted By: slingersvt Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 09:23 PM
problem solved guys. thanks.
Posted By: m4gician Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 09:43 PM
The junk yards WON't stock them as an item, you'll have to physically go and pull one off a car yourself.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/28/06 10:30 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Fuse boxes should be the same for all 95-98, then somewhere in late 99 they changed.

Wasn't that when they switched to the super mini sized fuses?

I know my early 98 has the older box.
Posted By: pittass Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/29/06 11:36 AM
Thanks alot man, I'm gonna check it out when I get back home after work. I searched the 'net looking for a fuse box diagram and no luck, but luckily I found this Site. Thanks again.
Paul
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Fuse Box Cover - 08/29/06 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

Wasn't that when they switched to the super mini sized fuses?

I know my early 98 has the older box.

I'll try and take pictures of my 98 and 2000 in case anyone needs to compare later on down the road.
© CEG Archives