Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Just curious. I no longer have my CSVT. I've been trolling good for over a year and 4 months now. I've moved onto my 4th car recently. I know, two totaled cars in less than a year will do that to you. I'm just wondering who on here is the original owner or second owner of their Contique? My guess is that there are VERY few. Post up.
Original owner here! Purchased 8/21/00! I bought the last of four SVT's they had on the lot, one of each color! The black one was the only one that hadn't sold. Good thing, since it was the only color I was interested in!

Mark
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
Just curious. I no longer have my CSVT. I've been trolling good for over a year and 4 months now. I've moved onto my 4th car recently. I know, two totaled cars in less than a year will do that to you. I'm just wondering who on here is the original owner or second owner of their Contique? My guess is that there are VERY few. Post up.

2nd owner here - got it as on off lease car toward the end of '98 with I think 20,000 miles on it, it has 98,000 now. Only reason I keep it is that it's been paid for for years now so it's more or less free transportaion and I'm cheap lol.
I was the first owner of my first tour (95LX MTX)
I was the second owner of my black SVT
and I am the second/last owner of the 99 SVT I have now.
Original owner here. Bought my SE in Raytown, MO in September of '98. Have 55k on it now.
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Original owner here! Purchased 8/21/00! I bought the last of four SVT's they had on the lot, one of each color! The black one was the only one that hadn't sold. Good thing, since it was the only color I was interested in!

Mark

Bought mine right around the same time. Only green one the dealer had left.
I am the second owner of my SVT. I bought it with ~45,000 miles (IIRC), and bone stock in early summer of 2003.
I'm an original owner. Purchased in August of 97. Fell in love with it on the road test. I was working for the dealer I bought it from. I still like it. My goal is to get it to 300,000 miles and then see if I still like it. I think I will.
I was the second owner on mine. I still haven't found a car that has the mesmorizing stock exhaust note of the CSVT.
4th owner of mine
Still the 1st owner here. Purchased with 62 miles on 08/09/2000. Test drove a T-red w/Tan interior and had the dealer trade for a Silver one. The dealer was about 30 mins away so I went and looked at it, it was meant to be. Factory sunroof, spoiler and no holes for the front license plate had been punched.

Sometimes I wish I had gone T-red, but the 2-tone tan interior bothered me. That and I was afraid upkeep of dark colors. Oh how I have matured.
2nd owner of my '96 SE, got her in 2003 with 34,600 on the clock. I'm currently at 61,5.
My husband is the original owner on his 2000 SVT.

Bought mine brand new.
I'm the original owner of my '00 SE Sport. I bought it new on 2/23/00 (it had 35 miles on it). It was the last new Contour they had(the dealer had a few new Foci, but I just couldn't get past the styling). Judging by its build date of 9/99, my Contour had been sitting on the lot for awhile. I took one test drive, traded in my ol' POS Intrepid, and haven't looked back since. The nearest SVT-licensed dealer, by the way, had a black SVT Contour that was quite the lot pig. I remember it stayed on the lot for over a year.
I was the original owner of my 1998 V6, until I sold it to J298's in May. Has 22 miles when we bought it, sold it at nearly 120K miles.
Original owner of my 99LX 4 cylinder tour! I have put all 83,XXX miles on my baby. I plan to keep it until the doors fall off! Its nice to know that my Tour has just been with me.
Original owner here.

Bought on 03/21/98 with 142 miles on the clock.
Still love it.
Original owner of my 2000 SVT, built in Jan of 00, bought by me in Apr of 01! It had 250 miles and had obviously just been collecting dust in the showroom, so they had it marked for $2k below invoice.
I'm the 2nd owner. I bought my 99CSVT at the end of August in 2000. The car had a little over 24k miles. It's my daily driver & currently has just over 75k miles. I don't know if I will ever let someone be the 3rd owner.
Second owner. Bought it from an SVT dealer with 68K miles on it. Former owner had been rough on it and broke pretty much everything you can break on these cars so everything was pretty much new (or rebuilt) by the time I got it. If I'd known about Oasis reports at the time, I might not have bought it but so far I'm glad I did.
Karl
Cracks me up how a post requesting ORIGINAL owners speak up has second, third, and fourthies(sic) answering.
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Cracks me up how a post requesting ORIGINAL owners speak up has second, third, and fourthies(sic) answering.

except the original post asked about 1st and second owners
Originally posted by BrApple:

Oops...I overlooked the comment about seconds. Still, got a bunch of thirdies and fourthies posting too.
Originally posted by BrApple:

Oops...I overlooked the comment about seconds. Still, got a bunch of thirdies and fourthies posting too.

<Beavis and Butthead laughter> Hehehehe, heehehehe, he said "seconds." Hehehehe, hehehehe......

Congrats to all of you folks that have had longevity in your Contiques. I wish I hadn't sold my CSVT. It was a VERY satisfying driver. Plus I knew that car inside and out thanks to the informatin on these boards.
This topic again?

Yes.

I am one.

First owner since Jan 96. Still love it or hate it, depending on mood. Just fixed my rear-end clunk last night, so right now I'm in love again.

I noticed Big Jim said he fell in love with it on the test drive. I didn't have the opportunity. Bought the car remotely from a Wichita dealer while I was overseas. Did a ton of research at the local library, and this was before the internet had really caught on. Had a friend in the states check it out in person.

Regrets? I paid too much. The car had over 2k on the odo when I picked it up. It also had a front license plate frame, which is not required in KS, and which I had specifically said to leave off. Things I would have noticed and used in negotiations, if I had been dealing locally. Oh well. It was my first experience buying a new car from a dealer. Live and learn.
First owner in May 1996 with 55 miles on the odometer.
I'm the second owner of my csvt, bought it in 01 with 29k miles. On carfax I think it said it was previously titled commercially or something?? It had a few bugs but I'll never regret buying it, great car for the money.
Originally posted by Tony2005:

And each time I see you post this, I wonder how it took you 9 years to find us!

Mark
Original owner, car was delivered on 12/27/98. Currently have 207,500 miles on it. I tend to keep my cars until the wheels fall off, despite putting 25,000 to 30,000 miles a year on them.
I'm the original owner of a '99 SE. The love affair is still going strong.
Wow, bringing some old school heads out the woodwork!
17 Posts in 4 years! Have to admire that kind of restraint.
Originally posted by RogerB:
17 Posts in 4 years! Have to admire that kind of restraint.

Apparently there's some sort of yin and yang thing going on here. karter's the yin to todras's yang! .....wait....that sounded REALLY dirty!
Second owner.

My car was owned by "SVT2059", he traded it to a local Subaru dealership for his WRX. I saw Al post about trading it and went to look at it, my husband was sold on the test drive. I had previously driven one and was "driven" to get myself one.

Bought it three years and five months ago with approx. 79,xxx. It now has 89,000 and still runs great. **knocks wood**
I'm the original owner of my 2000 CSVT . It was built on 2.4.00 , I bought it right out of the showroom , brand-new the last week of January of 2001 . Black was NOT the color I wanted , but it was the only new CSVT I could find anywhere even remotely close to home . Turns out it's one of the last CSVT's made .

Mark

LOL. Like I posted earlier, I did not know of car web thingies and did not bother until I needed to fix the pesky P0420.
Bought August of 1998. NO major problems and am coming up on 162,000 miles. Same water pump, same antifreeze, and same fuel filter...
Originally posted by rwea14:
Bought August of 1998. NO major problems and am coming up on 162,000 miles. Same water pump, same antifreeze, and same fuel filter...

Hmmm, might wanna change those out.
I am the second owner, but the only former owner of my car was FoMoCo... it was leased to someone in the Atlanta area for the first year of its existence.

I bought it in June of 99 with 33k miles on it and it now has 165k+ miles.

It was built on August 19, 1997, so it turned 9 years old just over a week ago.

Original owner of '98 SVT...bought in November '97 off the showroom floor (it was a demo, supposedly used by the dealership owner...had 7500 km on it).

Yeah. Sounds like one of those Autozone commercials.

"What? I didn't have time to change the ______!" (car smoking in background.)
Still have my 98 Myst LS V6 Auto 12/4/97. 132k mi with cracked paint after two years.
Replaced lower control arm, torque converter, installed modified valve body, water pump, did all maintenance.
Installed glove box light and door handle LEDs with fade out. Upgraded the factory stereo.

Replaced with Acura TSX in July. Demoted to 3rd car status, teaching my son to drive.

Currently in need of;
Front springs (service program 01L013000)
Lower control arm (same side that was replaced at 60k miles)
Blower resister
VSS

Generally satisfied with the car but finished with Ford.

jeff

Mark

LOL. Like I posted earlier, I did not know of car web thingies and did not bother until I needed to fix the pesky P0420.

And within approx 1 year how many posts you have posted? Over 5000?

I know most of the posts were helping others. So this year's Tony Award goes to ..... Tony!
technically i'm the first owner of my mystique because it was a program car.
Originally posted by RogerB:

Yeah. Sounds like one of those Autozone commercials.

"What? I didn't have time to change the ______!" (car smoking in background.)

No smoke at all actually...lol
I am one of those people who know says as soon as I change the filter/antifreeze something will go wrong. Have to admit it still runs real strong, only problems are the clunks and creaks...
Yeah after 160k+ miles of improper maintenance, I'd probably be afraid to touch anything as well.
nice dig, rough but somewhat polite, but hey it has worked so far..lol
...Genius has limits.
Original owner, bought it in Charleston, SC (July '97) while giving an Air Force Checkride. Over 112,000 miles on it, it's been a true daily driver. My wife's on her 3rd car since then and my kids are on their 2nd car since then....
Love it how people post in a topic calling for OG owners with "I'm the 4th owner and bought it in 2004"

Bought my C-SVT new December 1999. 74K miles, daily driver, no repair issues.

Only reason why I still own it is that I'm cheap and it's paid for. At times I wish it would get toalled, stolen, or have the engine blow. Then I would have no other choice but to buy a new car.
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
At times I wish it would get toalled, stolen, or have the engine blow. Then I would have no other choice but to buy a new car.

That can be arranged for a fee. I will be in your area in September. PM me.
© CEG Archives