Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
My understanding is that sh-autotrends screwed a bunch of people in a group buy. His little toady (BenC here on CEG, 95pimpin on FCO) has posted what amount to ads in both forums for gauge faces. On FCO they seem to be unaware of any shady dealings, and I'm just looking for supporting proof that SH-AutoTrends is bad news. Feel free to post positives as well.

Just trying to look out for our fellow ConTique lovers over there!

Thanks for your input!

Original CEG post.

Original FCO post.
Yea Tyler or whatever he is going by now is a D-bag.

here is my post (on 6/12/06) in the one GB that sh-autotrends had:

"I have sent my order back and he told me he was going to refund my money. This may have been a dumb decision but the 1st transaction went through so well so I had a little bit of trust that I would get my $ back. Well He received my returned order on May 24th (have e-mail from him saying he got it) and he said he was going to mail my refund on Friday the 26th.

I still have not received it. I have sent 3-4 e-mails asking about my refund. None have been answered. It's now 17 days after he said my refund was going to be sent. The last e-mail I sent requesting my refund was basically letting him know if I dont hear from him, get a tracking #, or my refund immediately I will do whatever can be done so no one else buys from him again. That being said, the first thing we could all do is go onto E-bay and give him a negative rating. Or since I believe he has his store on there maybe we can file something through E-bay.

All I know is the product I received was half the order I ordered and it was made half-assed. So after sending it back he now has my order and my $ that to me classifies him as a scammer."

From what I heard... the few people that actually got a re-made set were made even worse than the original set.

read more here

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=groupbuy&Number=1181621&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=9&vc=1
Total scammer and liar. Dealing with him is totally asking for trouble.

Tyler originally agreed to send me a face before he totally finished them for free. If it fit good and I liked it, he would let me keep it for cheap. After numerous PMs and emails, I never got a response. I never lost any personal money, but he is definately not someone I want to deal with again.
at this moment i have ordered from him a svt blue overlays in km/h main and send to me good comunications always i received as i ordered and no problem, and every mail i send to him eh answer to me no problem with him
yea its funny when they don't reply to the e-mails asking "where is my refund $ at" tho isnt it
He shafted me.
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
He shafted me.

Sounds personal...
He shafted me.

Have gauges and shipping/refund, no shaft.

Thanks,
Tyler
If you ordered from me and havnt received your guages or refund PLEASE PM ME, I will be online tonight for awhile, or you can IM me VIA aol at smitty1258(<---screenname)

Thanks,
Tyler
Originally posted by SHAutoTrends:
He shafted me.

Thanks,
Tyler

What does that even mean? I sent you numerous emails and got no response - you claimed you were going to ship them or refund my money, and you did neither.

Tyler, I just got a house. I gave them the plans and moved in 5 months later. A whole house. I've been wating 5 months and still no gauges.

You have my paypal. Refund the money and I'll stop saying you shafted me.
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
His little toady (BenC here on CEG, 95pimpin on FCO) has posted what amount to ads in both forums for gauge faces.

Toady? What are you talking about? I've never dealt with Tyler, only Scott. I was the one who called Scott tonight to let him know about it. Tyler may be pissed at me, but I don't want Scott to have a bad name because of it. There is no reason also that I should have a bad name for trying to help. I've spent about the past 7 hours trying to help Scott by advertising, and most of it was trying to help redeem Scott's name.
Originally posted by BenC:
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
His little toady (BenC here on CEG, 95pimpin on FCO) has posted what amount to ads in both forums for gauge faces.

Toady? What are you talking about? I've never dealt with Tyler, only Scott. I was the one who called Scott tonight to let him know about it. Tyler may be pissed at me, but I don't want Scott to have a bad name because of it. There is no reason also that I should have a bad name for trying to help. I've spent about the past 7 hours trying to help Scott by advertising, and most of it was trying to help redeem Scott's name.

CEG,

BenC is not associated with me, he is a friend of Scott (my partner) Ben and I have never met, never talked. He was trying to help a friend (scott) out.

Thanks,
Tyler
He shafted me.

Thanks,
Tyler

What does that even mean? I sent you numerous emails and got no response - you claimed you were going to ship them or refund my money, and you did neither.

Tyler, I just got a house. I gave them the plans and moved in 5 months later. A whole house. I've been wating 5 months and still no gauges.

You have my paypal. Refund the money and I'll stop saying you shafted me.

Money Refunded VIA paypal.

Thanks,
Tyler
He shafted me.

Thanks,
Tyler

Same for me. I sent you numerous emails and got no response. You claimed you were going to refund my money b/c I sent back the order but I never recieved it.

PM sent.

LMGDAO! On another note thanks for the spam in my Cardomain guestbook yesterday. If you would have actually read my mods I have installed white face gauges and I no longer own a SHO and it has been removed from my page. Someone stalking me?
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
All I know is the product I received was...made half-assed.

I agree. I only ordered a whitefaced headlight switch overlay (because the resistor went out in the glowing one i had in my SE) and the three positions have little halos of white light around them. Didn't even waste my time sending it back for a refund. Total waste of my time and money for such a crap product
just so you all know scott makes awesome gauges and has always done well in customer service.. He would never screw anyone ever. if you think you were screwed over I know he will take care of you.. Just believe me I have his gauges in my car and they make it.. Great quality and great customer service
Thanks Mr. one post guy.
Originally posted by todras:
Thanks Mr. one post guy.

LMAO wtf! where did he come from!
It's KrazyT from over at FCO and TCCoA.

http://www.fordcontour.org/index.php?s=9fd68bcbebb4b549dee5302af615a818&showtopic=6837
Quote:

I just want to say that Scott is a great guy and makes awesome gauges.. He was always willing to work with me when I need different custom gauges made for my thunderbird.

honestly this is Tylers problem, certain people shouldnt be kissing up to him and tell us that he is a good man and etc...

I bought my gauges from him and recieved them in a timely manner and also experienced excellent customer service through him. After reading later on what had happened I was shocked myself. Anywho I just felt like sharing that, this is Tyler's mess, he needs to get out of it. Im kinda pleased to see he's trying to sort everything out with everyone who had a problem with him.
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
honestly this is Tylers problem, certain people shouldnt be kissing up to him and tell us that he is a good man and etc...

I'm not kissing up to him. I don't even know him. I'm just trying to help Scott, his business partner. Plus, people are treating me like I'm some douche bag when I'm just trying to sort this problem out. So I'm getting blamed for this whole mess. Scott had nothing to do with this problem, I had nothing to do with this problem. I'm just trying to fix it and help someone who's a nice guy who has been reliable.

I just don't think it's right to trash me when I had no idea this had happened. I could just leave this alone considering I've only had like 3 posts before this, but now I'm having to clear my name. I thought this has been obvious from the beginning. But at no point have I said anything similar to, "Tyler is a good business person." "Trust Tyler." or "There should be no problem here." There was a problem, and I'm trying to fix it. Sheesh. Try and help someone out. Scott was the one who was nice enough to start a new line for the Bronco just for me. I tried to help him over on FullSizeBronco, but it didn't go so hot because people don't really care all that much about gauge faces there, and after he gave me a discount even, I felt bad, so I figured I would help him and the people over here by informing you guys of these gauges. Scott's possibly never even heard of this site until yesterday, and never posted on here. Also, Scott is not Tyler. Should be obvious.

I'm not trying to get people pissed off here, but I just hate being called a liar. I almost never lie. I never lie in business. In fact, I'm usually over truthful. I've been working hours at this trying to clear my name. Or you could talk to Tyler. He might be online some tonight, or whatever. However I should be online for hours at a time if anyone would like a serious talk. I'm usually on whenever I wake up until whenever I fall asleep until I get a job (since I just moved here August 13th), or when I'm over at my grandma's. So tomorrow I should be gone from about 4-7 because I'm taking her to Wal-Mart, fixing her vaccum, and having dinner with my aunt. It would be earlier but she has a meeting with some parents of a special needs student. I just want this trash talking toward me to be over.

And with this divorce and all these people basically stealing money from my family, like the lawyers, grandma's old renters, and the movers, I'm tired of it.
Originally posted by BenC:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

I'm not kissing up to him. I don't even know him. I'm just trying to help Scott, his business partner. Plus, people are treating me like I'm some douche bag when I'm just trying to sort this problem out. So I'm getting blamed for this whole mess. Scott had nothing to do with this problem,

Actually, this became Scott's mess as soon as he became Tyler's business partner. You DON'T go into business with someone you don't know, and can't vouch for! Whether Scott knew what Tyler was doing, that doesn't matter. Guilt by association I guess. Now, I didn't get into this group buy, nor would I consider it. I'm just pointing out what is blatantly obvious, that you keep missing. Scott is his BUSINESS PARTNER! You can't say it's not his fault, because IT IS!

Mark
So Tyler, why did you jut disappear with everyones money for a few months, and now all of a sudden you are back???
I got my money back.
© CEG Archives