Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: R_G BEWARE OF SCAMMER - 08/15/06 11:20 PM
The scammer's ZIP code is 60151 (Maple Park, IL). The scammer might have a last name Rapier, Ebay name PNBSVT and an e-mail address PZSVT39@aol.com. He never paid for my HU (I put my ad in the Classifieds re the Ebay auction), kept lying and samming under different pretenses.

BEWARE!!!!!!
Posted By: m4gician Re: BEWARE OF SCAMMER - 08/16/06 12:15 AM
Also, DAVID is a scammer too. I told him to [censored] off.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: BEWARE OF SCAMMER - 08/16/06 12:32 AM
Here is another possible one from bostonkplc@yahoo.com.

Hello.
Am dave, i was going through the classified ads today, when i came across the advert concerning the headlights you listed for sale, i am really interested in buying it quite satisfied with the condition of the item and price.Am very much interested in buying the item from you and and i would like to make an outright purcahse immediately so i will advice that you withdraw the advert from the web.I will be paying with a check or money order in us dollarsFurthermore my shipper will be coming over for the pick up am as i might not be available for the pick up myself. I will need the following information details to make payment arrangement:
1,Your full name to be on the check or money order.
2,Your postal address.
3,Your phone number both land and mobile.
4,Your postal code.
Get me the following information as soon as possible.
Thanks in Advance
Regards
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: BEWARE OF SCAMMER - 08/16/06 02:08 AM
I dunno, Matt. I've gotten a few rearry weird emails like that; that're hard to understand; but they were legit. Send 'em someone else's info and see what happens.
Posted By: Figols Re: BEWARE OF SCAMMER - 08/16/06 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:
Here is another possible one from bostonkplc@yahoo.com.

Hello.
Am dave, i was going through the classified ads today, when i came across the advert concerning the headlights you listed for sale, i am really interested in buying it quite satisfied with the condition of the item and price.Am very much interested in buying the item from you and and i would like to make an outright purcahse immediately so i will advice that you withdraw the advert from the web.I will be paying with a check or money order in us dollarsFurthermore my shipper will be coming over for the pick up am as i might not be available for the pick up myself. I will need the following information details to make payment arrangement:
1,Your full name to be on the check or money order.
2,Your postal address.
4,Your postal code.
Thanks in Advance
Regards

Definit scam. Anytime they use the word "advert" it's a clear sign of a scam.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: BEWARE OF SCAMMER - 08/16/06 05:15 AM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Send 'em someone else's info and see what happens.

Yeah, I did that for Dave. Check it out. (Google the phone number I gave him in case you don't know what it is.)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR MAIL .WELL ON THE PAYMENT I WILL WANT YOU BE EXPECTING YOUR PAYMENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BEFORE THIS WEEK RUN TO AN END.
THANKS

Tony <> wrote:
1. Jack Mehoff
2. 69 Teabag St. Eastbumfugg, RI
3. Land- 617-861-3962 (no mobile)
4. 06969

Thanks,
Jack
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 3:19 PM
Subject: 6 used Apple Airport Base Stations

Hello.
Am dave, i was going through the classified ads today, when i came across the advert concerning the 6 used Apple Airport Base Stations you listed for sale, i am really interested in buying it quite satisfied with the condition of the item and price.Am very much interested in buying the item from you and and i would like to make an outright purcahse immediately so i will advice that you withdraw the advert from the web.I will be paying with a money order in us dollars.Furthermore my shipper will be coming over for the pick up am as i might not be available for the pick up myself. I will need the following information details to make payment arrangement:
1,Your full name to be on the money order.
2,Your postal address.
4,Your postal code.
Thanks in Advance
Regards
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: BEWARE OF SCAMMER - 08/16/06 11:30 AM
The rejection hot line that�s great!!
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: BEWARE OF SCAMMER - 08/16/06 09:59 PM
Thanks BlackE1 for explaining that joke to me so I didn't have to do any legwork! Priceless!
Posted By: R_G Re: BEWARE OF SCAMMER - 08/18/06 12:31 AM
LOL. I got this from James Cole (bostonkplc@yahoo.com)

"Hello.
Am dave, i was going through the classified ads today, when i came across the advert concerning the item you listed for sale, i am really interested in buying it quite satisfied with the condition of the item and quikly let me know the price.Am very much interested in buying the item from you and and i would like to make an outright purcahse immediately so i will advice that you withdraw the advert from the web.I will be paying with a check/money order in us dollars.Furthermore my shipper will be coming over for the pick up am as i might not be available for the pick up myself. I will need the following information details to make payment arrangement:
1,Your full name to be on the check/ money order.
2,Your postal address.
4,Your postal code.
Thanks in Advance
Regards."
Posted By: 2000myst Re: BEWARE OF SCAMMER - 08/19/06 02:11 PM
Rule of Thumb

If the English is bad and the spelling is messed up than it is probably a scammer. If you tell him something and he completely ignores it he is probably a scammer. I posted a thread last month about this.

Dan

BTW i got the same email except it was David COle.
Posted By: KC5MD'sSVT Re: BEWARE OF SCAMMER - 08/19/06 02:45 PM
I received the same type of letter and just ignored it.
It is a slimey British scammer.
They are the only ones that use a word like 'Advert"

Absolute rip off.

Don't anyone give any real information or they will give you a check that bounces or leave yourself open for some other illegal actions.

Gary
© CEG Archives