Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Cobra_Jack New Contour SVT owner - some questions - 08/14/06 07:57 PM
I just picked up a '99 T Red SVT Contour 73K miles, I got a killer deal ($3,600)... but there's always a catch..

here are my questions issues.

The fan only blows high - found that it's likely to be the resistor pack from the site FAQ section.. I'll take care of that this week.

The fan only blows/vents to the floor.. the FAQ mentioned that the vaccum line could be disconected.. any comments?

The rear bumper is cracked pretty bad, are replacements available? if so how about much do they run?

The cruise control is inopperable, I found that the cruise control modlue under the hood is missing! also not sure if the module pictured is for the cruise or not... are the crusie control systems interchangeable between years and modles?

I'm also missing a few interior peices, such as the passenger side B pillar cover, the drives door hvac insert, the parking brake boot, the center compartment behind the parking brake, the headlight switch assembly is broken, and the carpeting is torn up with scisors.. I'd like to fix all those, where should I look for parts?

The rims on the car are horrendous! and the tires are in poor shape. I'd like to take the cheap way out and get 17" FSVT takeoff rims + tires... anyone have good source? or know where to get them used?

I also like these rims but am unsure if they'll look good (the price is awesome considering they come with tires and shipping): eBAY rim link

Also I think the front suspension is shot or getting there... When I hit the gas decently, the front end lifts up quite a bit... now I know fwd cars do this a bit (my wife has an '05 Grand Prix Comp G GTP) but this one seems a bit more pronouced, almost excessive.. what are recommende replacement items for a daily driver?

here's a side shot of my CSVT:

and the engine
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: New Contour SVT owner - some questions - 08/14/06 08:02 PM
I have the cruise assembly and headlight switch is you are interested. Send me a PM.

Nice to see that you are fixing up the car. I hate to see a SVT is such poor conditon. And yeah, those rims are terrible.

Welcome and good luck!
Originally posted by Cobra_Jack:

The rear bumper is cracked pretty bad, are replacements available? if so how about much do they run?

A lot. See if a body shop can repair it first.

I'm also missing a few interior peices, such as the passenger side B pillar cover, the drives door hvac insert, the parking brake boot, the center compartment behind the parking brake, the headlight switch assembly is broken, and the carpeting is torn up with scisors.. I'd like to fix all those, where should I look for parts?

Actually TIm in MI has some of those pieces left I'd bet. Might have a cruise module as well. Look on page 2 in the EGL classifieds otherwise keep an eye out in the class. on the main page.

The rims on the car are horrendous! and the tires are in poor shape. I'd like to take the cheap way out and get 17" FSVT takeoff rims + tires... anyone have good source? or know where to get them used?

F'n A those things are crap! They also look like they are even 15" inchers!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Someone fugged up that car. They also removed the SVT badge on the intake manifold and painted it black.
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: New Contour SVT owner - some questions - 08/14/06 08:09 PM
..The fan only blows/vents to the floor.. the FAQ mentioned that the vaccum line could be disconected.. any comments?

Welcome . Correct.
Figure 8 for vacuum diagram in Autozone

And vacuum dashpot
Posted By: 111R Re: New Contour SVT owner - some questions - 08/14/06 08:15 PM
my rear bumper brand new and painted from a very nice body shop was something like 13-1400 i cant remember.

-a
Posted By: Frosty Re: New Contour SVT owner - some questions - 08/14/06 08:46 PM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Nice to see that you are fixing up the car. I hate to see a SVT is such poor conditon.

No kidding, whoever had that car used it up pretty good Glad to see you care enough to bring it back to life. I also have a HL switch trim panel if interested. Just PM me. Good luck and welcome to CEG! You picked a great color!

And yeah, those rims are terrible.

No kidding...yuck!!!

Nice Cobra vert in the garage btw
Welcome!

Lucky you finding a (relatively) low mileage SVT for so cheap! Definitely worth the fix-up cost. Whoever owned that before you deserves a swift hard kick in the junk!
Well I went out and took apart the center console, and found a vaccumm line danglin, I plugged it into it's place and now all the different zones blow air....

easy fix!

I still have to find the resistor pack.. any one now where to get one and how much: http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=probs&displayid=23

As for the bumper, I guess I'll just have it urathaned at a body shop.

If anyone has any of the missing pieces I listed, please PM me with a price including shipping to 60477... I'd also be interested in any 17 inch rims you may have, and a clean set of headlights.

here's a decent pic of my "other" SVT
Originally posted by todras:

Actually TIm in MI has some of those pieces left I'd bet. Might have a cruise module as well. Look on page 2 in the EGL classifieds otherwise keep an eye out in the class. on the main page.

what/where is the EGL classifieds?

(remember I'm a Contour newb)
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: New Contour SVT owner - some questions - 08/14/06 09:31 PM

what/where is the EGL classifieds?

(remember I'm a Contour newb)

Scroll down and in the sections look for E. Great Lakes and then you will see the EGL Marketplace link.

Aaron

That's not an SVT engine. You got Stallowned.
I was thinking the same thing, isnt the UIM on the svt black? Ya, that looks like a standard 2.5L with a svt TB
it looks like the UIM was stripped or painted
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:

Ya it looks like it was painted, but the color under it is the tan color, same one I have on my mystique
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: New Contour SVT owner - some questions - 08/14/06 10:18 PM
Originally posted by starjammir:
Ya, that looks like a standard 2.5L with a svt TB

Ummmm no.

Neither one of you noticed the black valve covers huh?

Why would that be a SE engine just because of the UIM color? Like no one ever did the UIM a different color before.

Ummmm no.

Why would that be a SE engine just because of the UIM color? Like no one ever did the UIM a different color before.

Again the valve covers on my mystique are black...point?
Originally posted by Guitarman19853:

It was stripped when the previous owner cleaned the upper and lower manifolds with some heavy solvents
Originally posted by Hightower GT:

[image]engine pic above[/image]

That's not an SVT engine. You got Stallowned.

How are you telling if the engine is not an SVT?

To me, it looks like whoever owned it spray painted the intake manifold silver for whatever reason.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: New Contour SVT owner - some questions - 08/14/06 10:27 PM

Ummmm no.

Again the valve covers on my mystique are black...point?

Ok, I stand corrected. I could of sworn all non-SVT V6 valve covers were silver and SVT were black.

But still, the color of the UIM doesn't mean it's not a SVT engine.

EDIT - Nevermind. Looks to be a Pre-98 thing with the black and 98-00 silver.

To me, it looks like whoever owned it spray painted the intake manifold silver for whatever reason.

It's stripped.. there's no paint on it
Anyone know where to get used Focus SVT wheels?

I tried eBay with no luck
www.batinc.net have them for 125.00$ each

It's stripped.. there's no paint on it

That was my post, but ok!

Still looks too smooth to be a non-SVT intake...

The SE intake is rough because it was cast or whatnot and left. The SVT intake was smoothed out and powercoated black.

Appears to me then, if not painted, that the powdercoat was stripped off.

Also note that my early 98 SVT valve covers are black.
Hey, I meant to mention before, but check out the Aesthetics forum and the "Morette" link at the top.

Might wanna wait on new headlights until we find out how much these things are gonna cost (the Mondeo ones cost roughly what 2 OEM headlights would cost from the dealer, btw).

Pictures of when they test fit them on my SVT back in April.
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

Might wanna wait on new headlights until we find out how much these things are gonna cost (the Mondeo ones cost roughly what 2 OEM headlights would cost from the dealer, btw).

Wait? Until 2020? I'm done waiting. I'm getting new lights.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: New Contour SVT owner - some questions - 08/16/06 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

Wait? Until 2020? I'm done waiting. I'm getting new lights.

x2
What a freaking joke. I've drove around with hazed lights for long enough.
Check your VIN # and run a Carfax, that will tell if SVT or not.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: New Contour SVT owner - some questions - 08/17/06 10:50 AM
Anyone know where to get used Focus SVT wheels?

I tried eBay with no luck

$99.00 a wheel..

Foci SVT Wheels

Also.. the car is a SVT -- all SVT's have black valve covers, SVT TB and the smooth powdercoated UIM..

that UIM is definately a SVT version... you can tell in the pictures easily that its not the normal silver one found on the normal V6 engines... its a night and day difference even with the crappy paint or lack of paint going on.
Originally posted by Y2KGreenSE:
Check your VIN # and run a Carfax, that will tell if SVT or not.

I did before I bought the car, and it is an SVT
Originally posted by NVMYSVT:

$99.00 a wheel..

Foci SVT Wheels

$59
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=611

$59

WOW... great price..

anyone have a pic of these on a CSVT?

Originally posted by NVMYSVT:

$99.00 a wheel..

Foci SVT Wheels

$59

But it's only a 16 incher.
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
only a 16 incher.

Whatchu talkin 'bout Wilis?

ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ Fits 2000-05 Focus
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ 4-lug, 4.25" bolt circle
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ 5.81" backspacing (47mm offset)
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ 17" x 7" wide
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ Includes Ford logo center cap
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ Requires Tuner Wheel Spline Drive Lug Nut Set M-1012-T
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
only a 16 incher.

Whatchu talkin 'bout Wilis?

ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ Fits 2000-05 Focus
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ 4-lug, 4.25" bolt circle
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ 5.81" backspacing (47mm offset)
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ 17" x 7" wide
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ Includes Ford logo center cap
ΓΆβ?¬ΒΆ Requires Tuner Wheel Spline Drive Lug Nut Set M-1012-T

Good lord I'm blind this morning! 16 SPOKE, in 17". Damn, that IS a good price!
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: New Contour SVT owner - some questions - 08/17/06 04:19 PM
their prices change alot... last month the Foci SVT wheel was 79.00 a pop..

I haven't personally ordered from them but I heard good things

I like that wheel that was posted... reminds me of the BBS wheels I always see on Lemans cars and whatnot.. HOT!

also - what the hell do they fit besides the 4x108 pattern? they obviously are dual drilled.

$59

WOW... great price..

anyone have a pic of these on a CSVT?

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/images/products/M1007P45.jpg

Close as I can get. I thought you didn't like that style?

http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/is.php?i=443716&img=Wet_BBS.jpg
http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/is.php?i=206380&img=REAR3QUARTER_(2).jpg

© CEG Archives