Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/19/06 08:11 PM
...or you'd think so by the current bid. Opening bid was $2.50, and it's up to $61 as I type this.

Hurry! Only 7 hours left!

Pretty Proud o' These, aren't we?
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/19/06 09:07 PM
Geeee-zus!
I'm going to have to rip my cup holders out and sell them.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/20/06 12:28 AM
That's it. I'm hitting the junkyard.
Posted By: coatsy Re: Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/20/06 01:16 AM
Not a chance in Blue Hell this is a legit bidder..
Posted By: m4gician Re: Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/20/06 01:32 AM
yah not one of you CEGers is smart enough to do that are you? Or evil enough to jack the price on premium cup holders for $65? I would buy em for $10 then go buy that pre98 console.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/20/06 12:57 PM
Originally posted by coatsy:
Not a chance in Blue Hell this is a legit bidder..

Or maybe not.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=1181355&Forum=general&Words=cup%20holder&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=99&Old=1year&Main=1181355&Search=true#Post1181355
Posted By: richs_dup1 Re: Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/20/06 03:50 PM
Not the first time cup holders have gone for "big bucks". When I had my 95 I had a broken cup holder and never replaced it. At the time I think the dealer wanted around $80. Now they are out of stock. They are very flimsy.

Also impossible to find in the junk yard, either already broken or have been removed.

Rich S
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/20/06 11:12 PM
You subject line is misleading. I've been looking for a gold plated cup holder. I'm disappointed. I would have added it to my other useless things collection.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/21/06 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Big Jim:
You subject line is misleading. I've been looking for a gold plated cup holder. I'm disappointed. I would have added it to my other useless things collection.

Yeah, the "bling" collection.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/21/06 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Matt R:

Actually I was thinking more in line with the uslessness of a mink lined jock strap.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/21/06 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Matt R:

Actually I was thinking more in line with the uslessness of a mink lined jock strap.

I have one for sale. Lightly used. PM me.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Gold Plated Cup Holders on Ebay... - 07/21/06 10:19 PM
Wow, that's sad considering a junkyard let me have a pre98 cupholder (Double Cupholder, In PERFECT condition) for $5...

I might start pulling more if I ever see perfect cupholders.... Or combine 2 and make one perfect... Good business there
© CEG Archives