Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: wa2tuff Anyone know where Chad is? - 07/16/06 12:29 AM
I'm trying to get in touch with Chad, the guy who bought (and then sold) Roger's StripedSVT. At one time he was selling an embroidered "SVT" patch that was glued onto the leather headrests. One of mine is coming loose and I want to glue it back. Herein lies the problem: the glue he used leaves no residue or stain so if you want to remove the patch, you just pull it off. Everything I've found is "permanent" and that's not what I want. I've even looked in arts and crafts store but no luck. I've got a temporary fix but I really want to find out what kind of glue he used so I can be done with it. Since at the time, he worked at the place that made the patches, I'm guessing he knew of a specific glue to use....that's what I'm looking for.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Anyone know where Chad is? - 07/16/06 12:55 AM
PM sent.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Anyone know where Chad is? - 07/16/06 01:04 AM
Maybe it was something along the line of those gummi poster adhesives that come off w/o any residue.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Anyone know where Chad is? - 07/16/06 02:19 AM
It was an actual adhesive in a jar. I think he squeezed it out through a nozzle. I'm gonna use a couple of the poster adhesive pads trimmed to fit for a temporary fix.
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: Anyone know where Chad is? - 07/16/06 02:21 AM
I got some mercury emblems from him, and he told me to use "tacky glue." I got it from jo-ann fabrics and my patches have been on since the group buy on my leather seats with no issues.

The tacky glue comes in a little white squeeze bottle.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Anyone know where Chad is? - 07/16/06 02:24 AM
Thanks. Now I know where I'll be stoppin at tomorrow.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Anyone know where Chad is? - 07/16/06 04:00 AM
Chad is prob in his NSX cruisin for babes!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Anyone know where Chad is? - 07/16/06 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Decepticon:
Chad is prob in his NSX cruisin for babes!

[groaner] I thought he was hanging in Florida. [/groaner]
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Anyone know where Chad is? - 07/16/06 04:16 AM
is he? last i heard he was saving humpback whales off the coast of Iran
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Anyone know where Chad is? - 07/16/06 02:33 PM
Originally posted by amarv12:
I got some mercury emblems from him, and he told me to use "tacky glue." I got it from jo-ann fabrics and my patches have been on since the group buy on my leather seats with no issues.

The tacky glue comes in a little white squeeze bottle.

I got an email address from another CEG'er and believe it or not, Chad answered me within a half hour with the same info you did.
© CEG Archives