Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RazMan Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/12/06 09:39 PM
After an email discussion with Chris Eickelmann he agreed to ship an SVT Throttle Body to me in return for a cheque (which I sent two weeks ago)
As I haven't heard anything since I sent the cheque (which hasn't been cashed yet), can I ask you guys if you know where he is?
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/12/06 09:53 PM
What is his screen name?
Posted By: RazMan Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/12/06 10:01 PM
I'm not sure but he is definitely a forum member. I emailed him directly, but from a post he made on here.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/12/06 10:23 PM
Then find the post he made and verify his screen name, let us know, and we can vouch for or against his history.

is this his screen name chriseichman if so i can say that i have bought stuff from him and got it .
Posted By: RazMan Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/12/06 10:48 PM
I can't find the original post - all I have is an address - the last line is Dardenne Prairie, MO 63368.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/13/06 12:46 AM
Umm, has the check even arrived in the states yet? You sent it from the U.K. How long does that generally take?

Mark
International checks also take a longer time to clear.
IIRC, the original disscusion started in Pole's TB optimization GB thread.
Posted By: RazMan Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/13/06 07:53 AM
I've looked through Pole's thread and I still can't find the screen name of the guy. I sent the cheque over two weeks ago (air mail takes a couple of days)

Don't get me wrong, I've no reason to suspect he will take the money and run (trusting soul that I am) I just want the TB I ordered as I have a rolling road mapping appointment coming up and I need the TB for that - I don't want to use my stock Mondeo TB and then have to re-map for the SVT one later.

It's just frustrating when you don't get any replies to emails. If I don't find him soon I will have to stop the cheque (which costs me more money) and find another SVT TB.

If it helps find him, his email is eickelmann83@yahoo.com
Posted By: RazMan Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/13/06 08:19 AM
Originally posted by 98-contour-zetec:
is this his screen name chriseichman if so i can say that i have bought stuff from him and got it .

Nope, that's not him
Posted By: RazMan Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/13/06 08:32 AM
I've just done a search for his phone number (with our international directory enquiries) and there is no listing. I'm starting to wonder if he really exists now.
Posted By: rouar Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/13/06 09:35 AM
Originally posted by RazMan:
I've just done a search for his phone number (with our international directory enquiries) and there is no listing. I'm starting to wonder if he really exists now.

I don't know how it is in the UK, but many, if not most, cell phones are not listed in any directory in the US to my knowledge. Making such a directory was actually a fiery topic in 2004 that much of the public was opposed to; I don't know if it's since been done. You can always try this (it managed to find the fact that my phone contract exists and the city I purchased it in) ... but it costs $13.95 for more information. If it's a prepaid phone then you're definitely SOL.
Posted By: RazMan Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/13/06 10:58 AM
Thanks for the link - there are a few people with that surname name but unfortunately not in the same state (they are from FL)

btw in the UK there are NO mobile phone listings at all. I was hoping to find a land line number for him.

what address did you mail it to? You can do one of those reverse address lookups.
Posted By: RazMan Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/13/06 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Apu Nahasapeemapetil:
what address did you mail it to? You can do one of those reverse address lookups.

Not quite sure what you mean but the full address is:

*deleted*
if you go to whitepages.com it gives you the option to search for a person's phone number by using their address.

Looks like a Robyn Franzen or Schraber occupies that address.
Posted By: RazMan Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/13/06 01:07 PM
Ok, I did a search on whitepages which has flagged up one match but he apparently lives in O Fallon, MO. It also states that he is 23 years old which would make sense (his email name is eicklemann83. Still no phone number though
you have a pm
good luck, and I hope you are able to make contact with Chris.
Posted By: RazMan Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/13/06 01:21 PM
Hoorah!! I rang the telephone number for that address and spoke to his mother!! She was very apologetic and explained that he moved out two weeks ago and hasn't got the throttlebody now anyway! She will post my cheque back to me.

What a waste of time - still, at least I know that it was purely the fault of an 'irresponsible 23 year old' (quote from mother)

Grrrrrr
Posted By: RazMan Re: Anyone know where Chris Eickelmann is? - 07/13/06 08:16 PM
Can a moderator please delete this thread?
Thanks
Raz
Thanks
Raz

This post should not be deleted, so people when searching for seller's reference can find this post and not buy/sell to him.
Originally posted by Shaggy:
Thanks
Raz

This post should not be deleted, so people when searching for seller's reference can find this post and not buy/sell to him.

It also should be put in the CEG Sales thread

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=1062135&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

© CEG Archives