Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: WillBob SVT rebound? - 07/07/06 01:47 PM
Hope this isn't old news:
Details on Ford�s Still-Alive SVT Emerge or: SVT�s Renewed Focus
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: SVT rebound? - 07/07/06 02:47 PM
Its funny to me that they keep saying from the top that SVT isn't dead, but all the people that actually made SVT what it was have either left Ford completely, or moved on to completely different areas within Ford.
Posted By: Frosty Re: SVT rebound? - 07/07/06 04:32 PM
I'm sure some of the SVT people still work at Ford, but SVT as a Team of people is gone. They are calling the new, watered-down version "Team Ford Racing" or some crap like that. I hope they revive SVT because i still wanna kick the guy who decided to get rid of them in the nuts. I won't hold my breath on an SVT revival anytime this year though......
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: SVT rebound? - 07/07/06 05:13 PM
im still hoping for an svt fusion and svt milan...
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: SVT rebound? - 07/07/06 07:09 PM
I hear they're going back to SHO type naming. Specially modified cars with different initinals assigned to each model. This would open all dealerships to SVTish cars and also invite mercure and even lincoln into the game.
Posted By: 98SVTC Re: SVT rebound? - 07/08/06 02:42 PM
Plus, there are plenty of dealers that just send cars out for certain mods and many dealers sell Saleen and Roush cars as well.
Karl
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: SVT rebound? - 07/08/06 04:41 PM
Originally posted by 88SVT:
Plus, there are plenty of dealers that just send cars out for certain mods and many dealers sell Saleen and Roush cars as well.
Karl

Yeah, midland ford is selling a bunch of Focus' with Roush Front bumpers and rims and such, looks pretty sweet.
Posted By: Scottster Re: SVT rebound? - 07/08/06 05:08 PM
The one article detailed things like wheels and other bolt ons becoming available in the future.

Hopefully they will offer some new 4x108 rims for the focus in some cool styles.
I'll take four please!
Posted By: Black 98 CSVT Re: SVT rebound? - 07/08/06 06:14 PM
as autoweek said, they're coming out with a truck modeled after the f-150. i went on the factory tour at the ford truck plant in detroit. while on the bus there, we passed the test track. there was one spot on the wall where there was just a fence and i saw an f-150 with almost saleen style ground effects and slotted fenders. think this could be something related to the article??
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: SVT rebound? - 07/09/06 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Rara:
Its funny to me that they keep saying from the top that SVT isn't dead, but all the people that actually made SVT what it was have either left Ford completely, or moved on to completely different areas within Ford.

Umm, I think that is to be exepcted in any industry.

Just beacause the Contour SVT people are gone doesn't mean the division is 'dead'.

IMHO, SVT should stick to Mustangs and Lightnings.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: SVT rebound? - 07/09/06 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Y2KGreenSE:
Just beacause the Contour SVT people are gone doesn't mean the division is 'dead'.

IMHO, SVT should stick to Mustangs and Lightnings.

You've completely misunderstood me. SVT has been made up of a core group of specific people since its inception in 1993, with some other folks going in and out over the years.
All of the core people are no longer involved with SVT, not just the Contour, but every SVT project that has existed has been spearheaded by these same people. Having had my own involvement at SVT, and seeing it work first hand, there was a certain dynamic there that allowed great things to happen in spite of the higher management at Ford. That dynamic is gone.
Posted By: FavoriteMystaque Re: SVT rebound? - 07/10/06 04:31 AM
Do you still work at Ford?
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: SVT rebound? - 07/10/06 04:53 AM
Originally posted by FavoriteMystaque:
Do you still work at Ford?

Negative. I am actually starting a new job with TRW tomorrow (monday) ironically, as a resident engineer for components being sold to Ford, lol.
© CEG Archives