Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Pepse Looking for a cheap battery, any good ideas?? - 07/04/06 08:26 AM
The battery in my Mystique is fading away and I just want to get a cheap priced battery for now. As for what I have found so far $69.95, to me, ain't cheap. That price is at Advance Auto. From what I have discovered is that the Contour/Mystique/FWD Cougar all use the same type battery. And, apparently, only them 3 cars use that style. The man at A/A said to measure the battery and maybe he can find me something cheap. Anybody know of any other battery that would fit in my Mystique? Meaning the battery group number. One reason for my cheapness is that this up and coming weekend I'll be going to the Ioala, WI car show and would like to find an old Ford or Merc to cruise in. Of course if the Gods are with me maybe there will be a '70's Ford Capri there . That would make my millineum.

Later. Pepse.
I got my old Motorcraft out of a junkyard, I sold my car with it, was a wonderful battery
It's unlikly you'll find a battery for less than what you paided at autozone, but stay away from Wal-Mart, their batterys are junk.
I got a basic battery for my old GL at O'Rielly for less than $40... had it for 2 years (with a low powered amp/sub) with no problems.

I even ran it flat dead a few times when my alternators went out...
© CEG Archives