Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GKellop Replace Cigarette Lighter Contour '99 - 07/02/06 07:53 PM
How do I get the cigarette lighter out of the lower dash on a ford contour 1999. I have disconnected the wires from behind. It has a black plastic housing and an inner metal enclosure? I have tried twisting, turning, pulling. Any help appreciated! Thanks.
Posted By: G Stone Re: Replace Cigarette Lighter Contour '99 - 07/02/06 08:11 PM
Why do you want it out?
Originally posted by GKellop:
How do I get the cigarette lighter out of the lower dash on a ford contour 1999. I have disconnected the wires from behind. It has a black plastic housing and an inner metal enclosure? I have tried twisting, turning, pulling. Any help appreciated! Thanks.

seems like even your contour is trying to tell you to stop smoking... Maybe you should take its advice and save a couple of pennies in the process
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Replace Cigarette Lighter Contour '99 - 07/04/06 10:17 PM
Welcome GKellop .

This might help.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genmods&Number=1245337&Forum=genmods&Words=cigar&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=1244360&Search=true#Post1245337
Posted By: GKellop Re: Replace Cigarette Lighter Contour '99 - 07/11/06 07:05 PM
I need to replace the cigarette lighter because the connectors inside the lighter receptor are busted.

No I don't smoke, but I do use it to charge my cellphone!

Thanks for any assistance.
© CEG Archives