Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Scottster Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/27/06 08:43 PM
I'd like to say hi to everybody here!

I'm a (somewhat) new and loving owner a 2000 T-red SVT Contour. Tan int. w/CD and sunroof.

This is my first post, but I've been an lurking CEG'er since before I aquired my contour in February.

I know a lack of pics sux, but my digi cam coughed it's cookies, so those I will get for u guys asap.

Just wanted to make an appearance and say hello, and let you guys know another CSVT is in good hands!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/27/06 08:50 PM
Welcome.

Here's the usual spiel:
- Read Stickies / FAQs at the top of most forums
- Search!

Any mods?
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/27/06 09:26 PM
Welcome aboard!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/27/06 10:25 PM
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
Welcome.

Here's the usual spiel:
- Read Stickies / FAQs at the top of most forums
- Search!

+1

Welcome
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/27/06 11:31 PM
Welcome .
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/28/06 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Welcome .

Posted By: RialKnight Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/28/06 01:08 AM
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Welcome aboard!

Posted By: RawBurt Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/28/06 02:04 AM
Come to some meets.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/28/06 03:53 AM
Originally posted by RialKnight:
Welcome aboard!

Posted By: jtour Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/28/06 02:09 PM
Welcome your so lucky that you have started off with an SVT.

Posted By: KC5MD'sSVT Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/28/06 07:04 PM
Welcome to the Contour Enthusiast's Group.
Very Friendly and Informative Bunch For The Most Part.

Gary
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/28/06 07:32 PM
Originally posted by N2EAL:

Gary

Pale Horse, is that you?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/28/06 07:38 PM
Originally posted by SVT4STD:
Originally posted by N2EAL:

Gary

Pale Horse, is that you?

Hahah..That Must Be Him!
Posted By: Scottster Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/29/06 01:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

I will definitely hit up any nearby meets you guys have. It will be nice to chill with people who appreciate such "fine cars" Most of my buddies were like "a Contour? I think my grandma has one of those" They shut up when the rode in it though!

As for mods, I'd like to keep'er somewhat true to its original state. I have done a few things so far, mostly to the interior; pre-98 console conversion, dash clock, Autometer Gauges in the dash where the radio was (moved it down), and slapped an illuminated switch up to the sunroof.
The outside is still OE, except for blacked out B-pillars with vinyl.
I know its not a mod, but the paint was brought back from the dark ages too. The owner before me must not have understood the term "car care" as the the int. and ext. were pretty dirty. Clay, Klasse AIO and SG, topped with S-100 brought the paint back to life, and Soap, Water and Armor All did the same to the inside. She's sqeaky clean now!
I picked up a new DigiCam last night too, so pics ARE COMING. I promise.
r u cute? a/s/l!?

~Andrew
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/29/06 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
r u cute? a/s/l!?

~Andrew

He doesn't drive a Jetta.

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/29/06 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Scottster:
Armor All did the same to the inside. She's sqeaky clean now!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/29/06 04:01 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by Scottster:
Armor All did the same to the inside. She's sqeaky clean now!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That's Todd's way of telling you that some people around here aren't fans of Armor All

You've definetly done some cool things to your ride. Can't wait to see pictures.
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by RialKnight:
Welcome aboard!

What they said!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/29/06 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
r u cute? a/s/l!?

~Andrew

Mark

Joke or no joke... I'm sure this guy is going to want to come back and post on the gh3y contour forum.
Originally posted by RawBurt...:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
r u cute? a/s/l!?

~Andrew

Mark

Joke or no joke... I'm sure this guy is going to want to come back and post on the gh3y contour forum.

someone's mad that i'm not hitting on 'em...

sorry rawbutt, but i don't like the cocaine-thin uber geeks.

~Andrew
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/30/06 12:13 PM
You need to take a walk back into the closet, seriously...
Originally posted by RawBurt...:
You need to take a walk back into the closet, seriously...

i'm joshin' ya, so ease up. go skin a rhyno and wear that, cuz apparently your skin is too thin.

~Andrew
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 06/30/06 12:32 PM
Originally posted by LUCA:

That's Todd's way of telling you that some people around here aren't fans of Armor All

Needs more of this!

http://www.303products.com/main.php
Posted By: Scottster Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 07/05/06 07:12 PM
I managed to get some pics today with my new Digi cam, so will get those up on the site as soon as I can! I'm just waiting for my profile to be approved.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 07/05/06 11:38 PM
Welcome.
And DO NOT USE ARMOR ALL!!!!!

There Todd maybe he'll listen.
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 07/06/06 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Mystique97:
Welcome.

What is up with this No Armor all?if it is a joke i'm not getting it,if not not i'm just confused .
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
Welcome.

What is up with this No Armor all?if it is a joke i'm not getting it,if not not i'm just confused .

it was on some show like UNique whips or something, working on extremely expensive cars and such, and they use cheap junky products (such as armor all) to clean the cars. Basically they are making fun of a TV show.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 07/06/06 12:19 AM
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
Welcome.

it was on some show like UNique whips or something, working on extremely expensive cars and such, and they use cheap junky products (such as armor all) to clean the cars. Basically they are making fun of a TV show.

They're also trying to prevent a future flaming, should you actually have the nerve to post that you just cleaned the interior of your car w/ aforementioned Armor All.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Hi everyone! New CSVT in the house! - 07/06/06 12:26 AM
I'm not making a joke Armor All makes your dash crack and if the oil from the cloths get on the paint of the car not long before getting painted it will make the paint fish eye when done painting. I should know this my dad worked in a body shop for 6 years.
© CEG Archives