Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: torched04 CSVT - 06/23/06 03:06 PM
Hows it all going guys my names chris, my screen name is one i use for my first love my stang. I have an 04 mustang gt premuim package black dd bullits 315's in the rear 275 up front, i have grill delete mgw inserts chin spoiler tinted windows tinted tails. Alot of little things but shes not a winter car. So i thought to myself whats a cool winter ride and i thought of the csvt. Can you guys tell me some pros and cons to your cars. How they are in the winter the interior the ride quality the manual trans and how it holds up. How good is the engine how well does it handle and how long will the engine last or do i need to rebuild it after so long. Ntm are your classified legit cause finding an contour svt is tough and if they are reputable ppl selling some nice contours id take one of their hands?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:14 PM
BTW it's SVT Contour. They are excellent in the winter just like any front drive car. How excellent depends on tire choice naturally.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:18 PM
Pros:
Cheap
Handling

Cons:
I don't know

The cars can be finicky. You sorta need to be a member here so you can fix things as they come up. They hold up fairly well especially if you take care of them. Depending on the year, you need to replace the water pump. You need to remove or drill holes in the IMRC cover to let heat out. This stuff and stuff like it can be found in previous threads.

It'll be an OK winter car with winter tires. It doesn't have a lot of ground clearance, so that may or may not make a difference where you live.

The classifieds for the most part are good. Cross reference the person to their name on the forum to see if they're good people or not.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:20 PM
Originally posted by todras:
BTW it's SVT Contour.

More commonly referred to as "Ford Contour SVT".
Posted By: torched04 Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:23 PM
what i wanna hear. My stang is amazing car i love her but since shes 2v per cylinder she kinda doesn't breathe like or beloved 03 04 terminator making her alot less mod friendly. But its a love is blind thing. Newayz this is a contour website I love the way the contour svt looks its just hard to find one i am not interested in a low mileage one due to i can do work and my friend is ford certified mechanic so an engine rebuild is just fine for me. k Alright ill be around this site and i am looking forward to more replies to meet ppl and learn more about what ppl have to say about this car.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:29 PM
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
BTW it's SVT Contour.

Bah. SVT put it out.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:33 PM
BTW it's SVT Contour.

Bah. SVT put it out.

Just saying.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:35 PM
Hi I drive a Contour Special Vehicle Team.
Posted By: torched04 Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:44 PM
SO i am guessing your the ADULT that takes the post and starts to post useless dramatic smarta@@ comments to whatppl say. Hmmmm you should come join www.mustangforums.com where i post we have civics post we have cobalt ss' post we have a gto moderator too. For the most part its good ppl.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:48 PM
To get back OT,

Some pros:
- handles well
- looks good (subjective obviously)
- good knowledge base (CEG/CEGers)

Cons:
- not the most user friendly engine to work on
- waterpump
- transmission
- IMRC
- cheap interior
- limited aftermarket
- aging platform

Take a look at the Troubleshooting forum for things that people are having issues with.

If you're looking to do an engine swap, read up in the 3.0 forum.

HTH
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:49 PM
Originally posted by torched04:
SO i am guessing your the kid

At 31 I'm most likely your daddy. Anywho moving on from retarded post.
Posted By: torched04 Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:51 PM
Hey pete is there any way in the future you could help me check out someone whos selling their contour on the classifieds so i am not getting screwed or is that to much involvment since you already have the disclaimer?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:53 PM
Hey pete is there any way in the future you could help me check out someone whos selling their contour on the classifieds so i am not getting screwed or is that to much involvment since you already have the disclaimer?

I'll see what I can do. Just shoot me a PM.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:54 PM
SO i am guessing your the kid

At 31 I'm most likely your daddy. Anywho moving on from retarded post.

But you act like your 11
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Decepticon:

But you act like your 11

But I know how to use the correct usage of you are like an adult.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Decepticon:

But you act like your 11

But I know how to use the correct usage of you are like an adult.

But i don't care!!!

PS orignal poster buy my car.
Posted By: torched04 Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 04:08 PM
I fixed it your an adult now but your only 11 yrs older than me. ONLY LOL
Posted By: torched04 Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 04:09 PM
buy your car is it in the classifieds?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 04:13 PM
Indeed it is. I think its the Second one down? SteedaSVT SVT contour #3461
Posted By: jtour Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 04:26 PM
How about posting some pics of your stang!?!?!?

check out www.svtperformance.com

Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: CSVT - 06/23/06 06:21 PM
To get back OT,

OT is more commonly referrenced to off topic than to on topic if i may say so myself

anywho
I love my car, its fun to drive, fun to mod, i only get compliments on it, buuuuuuuuut .. its a maintenance whore

its great in the winter.. the ABS works great
Posted By: torched04 Re: CSVT - 06/24/06 09:04 PM
I am in the process I am buying a digital camera soon hopefully b/c thats been on my list for 2 yrs now. O well Im busy but i def will try.
Posted By: torched04 Re: CSVT - 06/24/06 09:15 PM
And i go on mustangforums.com ntm that site makes me cry i cannot afford insurance and payments on an cobra. SO ill mod the hell outta my gt HEHEHEH
Posted By: Max02 Re: CSVT - 06/26/06 12:20 PM
Where are you? I'm in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I'll be selling my CSVT in the next month or so when a friend's Maxima comes off lease. I haven't listed it yet, but since you are expressing an interest... It is a tropic green 2000 with 89,000 miles. It runs great. Adult driven (I'm 31). If you are interested, email me at kazooben@yahoo.com.
© CEG Archives