Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Moose_dup1 McGard Spline Drive Tuner Lug Sets $50!! - 06/22/06 03:29 PM

Just wanted to pass on a phenomenal deal. I just bought a set of these for $50 bucks, which is about half off of what you'll find anywhere else. There are two types, the chrome which are $50 and the colored which are $60.

If you choose to order, our application is the 12mm X 1.5

His e-mail is online_selling_business@yahoo.com His name is Steve and he is a super cool guy. He has an ebay store under the name online_selling_business. For those of you who don't know, these are the best tuner lugs out there, and I thought I'd pass it on to anyone interested.
Posted By: ElKy Re: McGard Spline Drive Tuner Lug Sets $50!! - 06/22/06 04:44 PM
they look kinda like mine, but mine are Gorrilla Nuts.
and cost about $22 for a set.
Elky, no disrespect, but do some research, there is no comparison between the two. As always, try to bring something to the rest of the group and someone has something negative to say about it. And why are so many going to the "other" site???
Posted By: ElKy Re: McGard Spline Drive Tuner Lug Sets $50!! - 06/22/06 05:03 PM
i meant no harm by it. i suppose it was a little negative but only becasue of the price.
i never said that the gorrila nuts were any better than the McGards, i only said they looked kinda like the gorrila nuts.

and for your information, before i bought my gorilla nuts i did plenty of research, and i decided to buy the GNs.
that is a great price for the McGards, and maybe if i could have had them for that price when i was looking i might have gone that way, but i didn't.

sorry i stated my opinion.
i will remove my head from my arse now.

Originally posted by Moose:
Elky, no disrespect, but do some research, there is no comparison between the two. As always, try to bring something to the rest of the group and someone has something negative to say about it. And why are so many going to the "other" site???

Wow, overreact much?
Posted By: ElKy Re: McGard Spline Drive Tuner Lug Sets $50!! - 06/22/06 05:33 PM
meh, its all good.
I should have kept my comment to myself.
This is in GB for what reason?

what makes these mcgard ones so much better? Not trying to be an ass, just wondering why they are better.
Lug nut is a freakin lug nut. Thanks for the heads up but I think if I was in the market I'd be asking Elky where he got his.
Originally posted by Ex-Mean'Tour:

Wow, overreact much?

+1

Nothing Elky said was flaming/deragatory/disrespectful/etc. in the least.

Edit:

I had Gorilla lugs. Seemed solid. Customer service is a complete joke though.
Posted By: ElKy Re: McGard Spline Drive Tuner Lug Sets $50!! - 06/22/06 11:33 PM
i bought mine thru a specialty store.
he had them next day for me.
Posted By: weargle Re: McGard Spline Drive Tuner Lug Sets $50!! - 06/22/06 11:45 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
they look kinda like mine, but mine are Gorrilla Nuts.
and cost about $22 for a set.

They're fifty cents apiece at Discount Tire, and the guy threw the tool in for eight bucks. I run them on both cars, but open ones on the roadster.
i always heard gorilla r the better lugnuts so i went with them every lug is a locking one. mcgard to me was the cheapo pepboys brand. is there anything that mcgard does to make them better lug nuts?
I think you got it backwards. McGard keys are all different. Each one is computerized keyed differently and is serialized. Make it more secure where as Gorillas are all universal with any key you get from the store. That is my understanding.

I have yet see Splinegard lugs at a Pep boys.
Posted By: ElKy Re: McGard Spline Drive Tuner Lug Sets $50!! - 06/23/06 03:19 AM
true true,
but gorrilla nuts also have a special keyed version too.
Originally posted by ElKy:
true true,
but gorrilla nuts also have a special keyed version too.

yea and they break with an impact gun!
Locking lug nuts are the devil
shouldnt be using an impact wrench, haroon. use should know better. the gorilla sets each have a special key thats different from the next set. i lose my key, i cant borrow one from another gorilla set.
Originally posted by todras:
Nut is a freakin Nut. Thanks for the heads up but I think if I was in the market I'd be asking Elky where he got his.

You know 'em better than anyone else here man.....

I'm with Todd on this one.
$50 for nuts? Damn those bust my nuts

AutoZone sells a similar nut for like $30. (For a pack of 5x4 with the key)
© CEG Archives